• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
Can anyone provide a 16A ladder, I understand this week holds a big clash at northbridge, I believe both Shore and Joeys are undefeated.

-Legs
Round 8 Table - 16As.jpg

Round 4 and Round 6 were both washouts for the 16s, and we have no result from Rd7 Newington v Riverview, so that appears as a 0-0 draw pending that result. Lots of "real" draws in this comp!

eagerrugbygod222

Frank Row (1)
Impressive number of kids from Blacktown Scorpions, Campbelltown Harlequins, Western Raptors that goes against the rugby is dying outside the private schools argument.
I absolutely agree moa999:, i think the idea that that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ludicrus, and might i add the wallabies V springbok game is a sell out which proves to all you rugby league fanatics that union is not dead and is indeed just getting started. I've been lucky enough to witness multiple games this season, The game that really stands out is the blacktown scorpions v western raptors game. Whilst watching the physical game i could already see a few players who are going to put the wallabies back on top and put rugby league where it rightfully belongs as the little brother to rugby union. One player that really caught my eye was the blacktown scoprions five eight Payton Tarau (W), i'll say it here right now i've never seen a better talent that this kid, he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced, the kid has a real X factor and is one to watch over the next few years. The idea that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ridiculous if you wanna find some real quality rugby then go watch this kid play i promise he doesn't dissapoint.

Last edited:

john mcfarland

Bob McCowan (2)
Good Afternoon esteemed members of the forum,

I am extremely excited for the Joeys v Shore match this weekend in the 2nd XV. Although I believe year 12 boy Lochie Wilson (J) has a sore finger, after dislocating it last weekend against kings. I believe after the match he said to his team mates, "Lochie finger hurt". Hopefully he will be okay and won't be in too much pain. Best of luck to him.

Many Thanks,

John Mcfarland.

eagerrugbygod222

Frank Row (1)
Shore. Fools Gold?

This Shore 1XV only beat last place Newington last week by 4 points after they were down to 12 men. I truly think that this shore team is fraudulent, and the Joeys 1XV while not in the best form will carve Shore pretty easily.

-Footyhead
I couldn't agree more Footy Head: I've been saying this to my wife all season and she couldn't agree more, This Shore 1XV are bunch of pretenders with no tikka, and if they don't turn up for the occasion the joeboys are gonna run all over them, joeys as well need to turn up otherwise this game could be anyones. I still reckon this game will go down in the record books, maybe even carved into a stone. This is one of the biggest if not the biggest game since joeys V veiw 2018.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
What a way to finish
Still the biggest pitch invasion I have seen, even bigger than 1981.

I know we have differing opinions on this match. I certainly saw red after a group of young drunk Joeys old boys rushed the oval and landed some heavy punches on the Riverview 1st XV players, one being the fullback Hamish Cressey who was hit. When the game recommenced quiet a few of the View boys were shaken after the old boy incident.. It was a low point for Joeys old boys in recent history imho.

Joker

Staff member
Joeys old boys rushed the oval and landed some heavy punches on the Riverview 1st XV players.
The investigation of the incident was long and thorough by a select committee led by Mr Mark Ticehurst from Shore. . After viewing multiple videos and speaking with the View players winger (14) and number 2 it was conceded that the View winger was bumped and his reaction to start swinging was an issue. To his credit the View 2 he rescued his mate. I do not condone pitch invasions. The findings were accepted by View and Joeys management who had nothing to do with the investigation. ALL schools condemned the incident and recommended that View should have supplied more than 2 sideline security guards. Instead of doing that they moved the game to suburban ground.

Please remember all schools have been guilty of this at one time or another

# I've said it before, View were robbed in this match

Last edited:

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
The investigation of the incident was long and thorough by a select committee led by Mr Mark Ticehurst from Shore. . After viewing multiple videos and speaking with the View players winger (14) and number 2 it was conceded that the View winger was bumped and his reaction to start swinging was an issue. To his credit the View 2 he rescued his mate. I do not condone pitch invasions. The findings were accepted by View and Joeys management who had nothing to do with the investigation. ALL schools condemned the incident and recommended that View should have supplied more than 2 sideline security guards. Instead of doing that they moved the game to suburban ground.

I agree Joker the reaction to move the match from View to a RL ground off site was a terrible response. I also agree with increasing the security and running the match at School, should have been business as usual. Ghost outlined this well recently.

We were there too, I am not saying young old boys from View are angles by any stretch of the imagination and am sure they all have their moments, but that was a shock to the View players, before being able to finish the game.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
SHORE Teams for this weekend

1st XV

1. Lyne
2. Warner
3. Harvison
4. Hamilton
5. Baxter
6. Gordon
7. Le Maitre (c)
8. Clout
9. Binnie
10. Bassingthwaighte
11. Francis
12. Conick
13. Kingdom
14. Breakwell
15. Callaghan

2nd XV

1. Mason-Jones
2. Garner
3. Armstrong
4. Galligan
5. Frape
6. Stock
7. Reardon
8. Smith
9. Greig
10. Horwood
11. Longes
12. Segeart (c)
13. Mackellar
14. Stacker
15. Cowan

3rd XV

1. Edwards
2. Cambridge
3. Cowdery
4. Sherington
5. Reardon
6. Lotz
7. Cope
8. Yates
9. Beggs (c)
10. Ritchie
11. Kingal-Paia
12. d'Almeida
13. Joyce
14. Mott
15. Shadforth

Mudgee Mudcrab

Stan Wickham (3)
View attachment 20205
Round 4 and Round 6 were both washouts for the 16s, and we have no result from Rd7 Newington v Riverview, so that appears as a 0-0 draw pending that result. Lots of "real" draws in this comp!
This is incorrect as Rd 6 was played by Newington, Shore, Riverview and Kings in the 16s. Joeys and Scots were the only 2 not to play. Shore beat View, Newington beat Kings and the Joeys vs Scot’s game was considered a draw. So Joeys should be on 13 and Shore on 12

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I absolutely agree moa999:, i think the idea that that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ludicrus, and might i add the wallabies V springbok game is a sell out which proves to all you rugby league fanatics that union is not dead and is indeed just getting started. I've been lucky enough to witness multiple games this season, The game that really stands out is the blacktown scorpions v western raptors game. Whilst watching the physical game i could already see a few players who are going to put the wallabies back on top and put rugby league where it rightfully belongs as the little brother to rugby union. One player that really caught my eye was the blacktown scoprions five eight Payton Tarau (W), i'll say it here right now i've never seen a better talent that this kid, he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced, the kid has a real X factor and is one to watch over the next few years. The idea that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ridiculous if you wanna find some real quality rugby then go watch this kid play i promise he doesn't dissapoint.
if they're that good chances are they'll be playing GPS in a year or two.

The Cleaner

Ted Fahey (11)
Mate, I'm sure the kid is talented but I'll disagree with your comment "he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced" Have a look at the Wallabies line up and count How many of those players came through GPS PRODUCTION LINE.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Newington College Lineup

1. Isaiah SHECK
2. Connor COSTANZO
3. Flynn CLATWORTHY
4. Jarrah BELL
5. Cooper HABLER
6. Luca CLEVERLY (c)
7. Dylan SIMMONS
8. Quinn MERSAL
9. Cooper HICKEY