• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Footy head

Ward Prentice (10)
There is only one game to really talk about.
The Blue and White army vs the team with the most premierships in history. It's incredible how the stars have aligned for this match. Not only has the Rugby boys, got the chance of a lifetime to all but lock up the AAGPS Premiership, which if they were to win it outright would be the 1st time since 1969. An eternity between drinks. But the Football boys have an oppertunity to snap up the prem as well. Plus old boys day, and pure factor it is Joeys, sets this game alight, more than any other in recent memory. Let's talk about the teams:

SHORE- 2 seasons in 1. They struggled to get off the ground. But in saying that they lost all their games within a try. Boy, did they get hot quick. Winning 4 on the trot, last week's game quite poetically was like their season, started snail slow, but got hot quicker than the local chinese's wok. Rex Bassingwaighte, and Henry Conick took over, with Jai Callaghan playing a rare side act. That is without talking about the sheer brilliance of Marshall Le Maitre, and some other forwards like Ethan Hamilton who had a day out against Kings. This SHORE side is young, fearless and ready for this matchup.

Joeys- It has to be said, they are Joeys. They are clutch. There is no doubt they will show up for this game. They are capable of winning anytime and anywhere. The loss of Johannes Logan, will be major. He is a force in defence, and with their defence in a bit of trouble, it compounds the issue. They could be in real strife in defense, with one of the best attcks in the GPS staring them down. Joeys' chance comes from starting super quick, and by scoring so much that SHORE cannot catch up, because they are going to get in multiple times.

No one in the right mind would ever count Joeys out. But for me, SHORE are peaking perfectly, and are going to be a beyond tough ask to beat. Being at the Bridge, which is a new AAGPS fortress, I find it hard to see Joeys winning this.

My Tip: SHORE +12

This is going to be fun
Shore. Fools Gold?

This Shore 1XV only beat last place Newington last week by 4 points after they were down to 12 men. I truly think that this shore team is fraudulent, and the Joeys 1XV while not in the best form will carve Shore pretty easily.

-Footyhead

Joker

Staff member
JOEYS RUGBY-#16.jpg

HowRYa?

Stan Wickham (3)
Shore. Fools Gold?

This Shore 1XV only beat last place Newington last week by 4 points after they were down to 12 men. I truly think that this shore team is fraudulent, and the Joeys 1XV while not in the best form will carve Shore pretty easily.

-Footyhead
Yes, Newington had 3 Yellows, but they never had more 2 yellows at the same time. And if my memory serves me correct, SHORE did not score during the brief time it was 15 v 13. Whilst this may make some questions about their ability to capitalise, Joeys will have a big emphasis on their discipline. To think that Joeys will 'easily carve' SHORE, is I believe delusional.

1723073138514.png

Best of luck to both schools.

Kindest of Regards,
HowRYa?

Footy head

Ward Prentice (10)
Yes, Newington had 3 Yellows, but they never had more 2 yellows at the same time. And if my memory serves me correct, SHORE did not score during the brief time it was 15 v 13. Whilst this may make some questions about their ability to capitalise, Joeys will have a big emphasis on their discipline. To think that Joeys will 'easily carve' SHORE, is I believe delusional.

View attachment 20198
Best of luck to both schools.

Kindest of Regards,
HowRYa?
When both teams were 15v15 Newington were winning quite easily and looked dominant through the forwards. I think Joeys will win and will win quite easily. this is a clear case of false hope.
Screenshot 2024-08-08 at 10.00.07 am.png
-Footyhead

Last edited:

anothernudge

Herbert Moran (7)
This is a small peeve of mine, wouldn't it be good for the camera coverage to be on the opposite side of the crowd, like at Northbridge for those not there we will not be able to see the crowd, although we'll be able to hear it. If you do get there please send some photos of the crowd.

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
My initial thoughts are:
1. It is now clear who is clogging up the roads. There are many kids playing for clubs along way from where they go to school.
2. The SJRU's measures stop super clubs hasn't really worked.
3. NSWRU needs to re-engage country rugby - only 6 of the players from outside of Sydney, Hunter and Illawarra. I do understand that there are a few at boarding schools but they can't rely on that.
4. Patrician Bros. Blacktown must have an awesome team. It is a shame there isn't a competition for them to compare themselves vs other schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.