• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
I hope the game is awesome, weather is stunning and the boys enjoy it as at the end of the day it is about them.

But, having seen and played plenty this is getting more disappointing to see the head in the sand approach the administration has taken. Would rather pay the problem away one weekend a year then implement an actual fix that benefits the community as a whole.

I understand they have plans in place for the re development of grounds and fencing being installed throughout as it has been at the Junior School but why can't they get more security, temp fencing, CCTV and engage with the old boys networks about self policing which can be very effective. Don't use the water access as an excuse. Hire security to sit down there (we know you have the resources) and, if someone is willing to come via boat to avoid security do you think a fence is going to stop them anyway. It's not the Pacific Fleet arriving for Desert Storm.

I'm sure there will be big thank you's sent to all for making such a Great Day run seamlessly but in reality this is only occurring because of inaction from all those receiving praise.

I'll stop ranting (I won't) but back to the footy. Been a belter of a year with a few twists left I reckon. Double round proving to be excellent again.
Like the saying goes, when there's a will there's a way

Footy head

Ward Prentice (10)
NEWS OUT OF NEW!

1XV GPS winger Heamasi Makasini has suffered an ankle injury at an after school friendly volley-ball match at the Annual Kellyville Volleyball Championship. Big loss for New after 2 tough losses. I may have to change my tip to Scots this week if this isn't a false accusation.

- Footyhead

LegDrive

Peter Burge (5)
Can anyone provide a 16A ladder, I understand this week holds a big clash at northbridge, I believe both Shore and Joeys are undefeated.

-Legs

Joker

Staff member
D62683CA-016A-4528-BA41-B152B84DEE2C.png

Wednesday tipping. Get them in quick.

1723008462654.jpeg

Last edited:

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Much like the Shore V Joeys match on the weekend, the Wallabies V Springboks are a full house at Suncorp in Brissie this Saturday night. Great to see crowds getting behind rugby again!

Major sponsor of this weeks rugby; Roland Rolladores of Rolands Rolladores Roll-a-dores.

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
Don't forget there's the Australian Junior Mens Four (JM4+) also competing in Canada at the U19 World Rowing Championships. They also left this morning as part of the team with the other twenty-odd U19 rowers (male + female). The JM4+ comprises three Joeys boys and one Riverview.
2 from Riverview heading over actually Ace.

Riverview OB's are hoping Joeys get up this weekend Chair, and we don't do that much... at all.

ThePassionatePilfGod22

Frank Nicholson (4)
Cheers for the welcome's @Jimi the jet and @rugbyAU, just curious if anyone know's if Declan Minto (J) will play any remaining games this season, he was a great player in the 2's last year.
Regards RR
Yeah, I was really interested in watching him play this year after an electrifying performance last year against TSC. But unfortunately he went down with a major injury against TKS in the 4th round of the AAGPS season last year, resulting in him unfortunately not coming back for SJC.

All the best of luck to Declan Minto in his career after departing the Cerise and Blue. I would love to see what a player he becomes in the future.

bigbaldpauline

Frank Row (1)
Looking forward to this weekend kings vs view on kings old boys day. can kings win 2 in a row after a good win agaisnt joeys will they back it up. any info on sayers injury and when he will be back.

Rudderless

Phil Hardcastle (33)
It seems the Shore lads are relying on the Kingsmen to deliver once more... If they get up and the Shoremen do to its all over...

I've am now the worlds biggest King's supporter for the second week in a row.

UP THE KINGSMEN
@Rudderless
View attachment 20183
Taken after the Joeys game last Saturday at Hunters Hill. 2 from 2.

Attachments

• IMG_4975.jpeg
    IMG_4975.jpeg
    481.4 KB · Views: 292

HowRYa?

Stan Wickham (3)
There is only one game to really talk about.
The Blue and White army vs the team with the most premierships in history. It's incredible how the stars have aligned for this match. Not only has the Rugby boys, got the chance of a lifetime to all but lock up the AAGPS Premiership, which if they were to win it outright would be the 1st time since 1969. An eternity between drinks. But the Football boys have an oppertunity to snap up the prem as well. Plus old boys day, and pure factor it is Joeys, sets this game alight, more than any other in recent memory. Let's talk about the teams:

SHORE- 2 seasons in 1. They struggled to get off the ground. But in saying that they lost all their games within a try. Boy, did they get hot quick. Winning 4 on the trot, last week's game quite poetically was like their season, started snail slow, but got hot quicker than the local chinese's wok. Rex Bassingwaighte, and Henry Conick took over, with Jai Callaghan playing a rare side act. That is without talking about the sheer brilliance of Marshall Le Maitre, and some other forwards like Ethan Hamilton who had a day out against Kings. This SHORE side is young, fearless and ready for this matchup.

Joeys- It has to be said, they are Joeys. They are clutch. There is no doubt they will show up for this game. They are capable of winning anytime and anywhere. The loss of Johannes Logan, will be major. He is a force in defence, and with their defence in a bit of trouble, it compounds the issue. They could be in real strife in defense, with one of the best attcks in the GPS staring them down. Joeys' chance comes from starting super quick, and by scoring so much that SHORE cannot catch up, because they are going to get in multiple times.

No one in the right mind would ever count Joeys out. But for me, SHORE are peaking perfectly, and are going to be a beyond tough ask to beat. Being at the Bridge, which is a new AAGPS fortress, I find it hard to see Joeys winning this.

My Tip: SHORE +12

This is going to be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.