• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Joker

Peter Sullivan (51)
Most of us don't have a problem with schoolboys interacting in a way that is beneficial to the forum, its when they come on here and stir the pot for laughs and spew what can only be described as verbal diarrhea that we begin to grow agitated.
I agree

Please make this drivel stop. It is driving me and others crazy.
Long time contributors don't stop by anymore. Members are leaving

Students. You are welcome BUT YOU MUST PLAY BY THE RULES

If we get banned again, I DELETE MY THREAD!
Leave if you can't commit to fair, decent behavior.

If you want to do otherwise come and find me this Friday at Knox.
I am happy to discuss a solution in person.
Look for wise old badger. Here's a clue

1719311666582.png

Last edited:

The Chairman

Cyril Towers (30)
Rowing forum is gone now, would be a tragedy to lose this one as well. Perhaps we should attach the rules somewhere as a refresher for those who are new.

Caesar

Frank Row (1)
Hey Joker

I hear you. The disruptions have been frustrating and it’s obvious we need to get back to respecting this forum for the absolute treat that it is.

I’ll try to make it to Knox on Friday to talk more about this.

Let’s fix this.

-Caesar

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I've just deleted some 60 or so posts from this thread; my sabre has been worn down to the handle. From now on if I consider any posts inappropriate, stupid, irrelevant, puerile or something I don't like the poster cops a ban. As @cyclo stated some years ago, "this isn't a democracy".

I presume all posters are familiar with the rules of the forum. If not, read them: https://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/welcome-to-g-gr-history-and-rules.7341/

My Takes on GPS Representatives

Hayden Lavercombe (TKS)-It's rare to see only one Kings Boy within the GPS representatives team but I think the selectors have done a perfect job selecting Hayden. You won't see the kid in the scorer's collum all too often but watching him continuously take hit-up after hit-up, pushing those few inches once on the ground you see the type of player he is. He's a forward coaches dream and deserves the spot

Marshall Le Maitre (SHORE)-Backs up the year he's having with a stellar performance. Not much to say he's a combination of strength and speed and works well in defence and attack. Maitre has been in try-scoring form recently with a hat trick to top off last weekend's win. Perfect choice for captain in my opinion

Le Maitre is opposite to CAS Oliver Aboud. In 2023 Le Maitre played 2nd XV GPS last and Aboud played 1st CAS. This is sure to be the match-up to watch this game and I'm excited to watch these two go at it.

Angus Grover (SIC)-While Riverview has faced some team challenges Angus has continuously had a great season highlighted by his game-winning conversion in round 1 against Shore. The game is going to always run through the performance of the 9 and there isn't much more anyone in the comp could ask for

Matt Gough (SJC)-Matt's proved to be one of the cornerstones of Joey's back line this season. Powerful and fast he plays the game with precision and if he isn't the one scoring the try he's often the one passing it on. I think his selection at 12 was set in stone and I look forward to his game, especially after witnessing his performance at Knox a fair while back now

Justice Taumoepeau (SJC)-Justice throughout his entire schoolboy career has seemed to be leagues above his competitors. He spearheaded his dominant year group until his call-up to first grade last year. An excellent hat-trick game against Knox has led me to say I'm most excited to see him play in this squad.

Rex Bassingthwaighte (SHORE)-Much like his brother Leo, Rex understands the game to a great extent. Rex has proven a valuable addition to the squad and has adjusted his game perfectly to the shore system. He has an excellent kicking game and his speed and technical ability are like very few.

Predictions
GPS Win 14+
Best on field-Justice Taumoepeau
Suprise player-Hayden Lavercombe
Pies-Rex Bassingthwaighte, Matt Gough, Tom Hartman

Dark Horses!
Best on Field-Angus Grover
Suprise Player-Charlie Gattas
Pies-Arthur Greer, Flynn Clatworthy (Come on Forwards!!!)

Last edited: