• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
IMG_2343.png
IMG_2344.png
IMG_2345.png

rugboy

Bob Loudon (25)
Doesn't this table show that Shore are massively under-performing? based on the exhausting selection process the selectors have said they have enough good players, that are in form to be equal top. If it isn't the players, then what is the reason? Is it the coaching? Is it strategy? Is it the expensive stand that faces the wrong way?
Need to keep in mind the majority of the league boys chose to forego GPS selection, this would have likely seen a different spread of players across the teams

rugbyAU

Colin Windon (37)
Doesn't this table show that Shore are massively under-performing? based on the exhausting selection process the selectors have said they have enough good players, that are in form to be equal top. If it isn't the players, then what is the reason? Is it the coaching? Is it strategy? Is it the expensive stand that faces the wrong way?
Massivley under-performing is an exaggeration, they're coming 2nd and have the 2nd most amount of players in the GPS 1s and 2s, the Joeys and first view games were really close and not much in the New game either. It's not the coaches, since Shore brought in these coaches to the 1s their results have massively improved

Billy McGee

Allen Oxlade (6)
No mean feat making GPS 2nds but Johannes Logan couldn’t have done much more this year.
Had thought Palmisani would at least make 2nds.
Calibre of fullbacks strong in 2024

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
The amount of year 11s on these GPS sides makes me look forward to next year. Joey's, View and Shore are looking to have big years ahead.
very true. I believe the to of the table will be congested throughout all of 2025. Considering View won in the 16As I would have to say they are, alongside Joeys as the two favourites. important to note that Joeys had a lot more 16s players in opens last year and so this result is not a great representation of the strengths of the two schools in this age group.

JuiceJohn6

Frank Nicholson (4)
very true. I believe the to of the table will be congested throughout all of 2025. Considering View won in the 16a's I would have to say they are, along side joeys as the two favourites. important to note that joeys had a lot more 16s players in opens last year and so this result is not a great representation of the strengths of the two schools in this age group.
As a proud old boy of the boys in cerise who is still heavily invested in their great program I'd see View and Them to be levels above the comp. Saying that the development of the shore squad with some new players is scary. However, the only advantage I see for the view lads is the fact they've played together and understand each others games more giving some Joeys boys playing opens for a bit longer. Could go either way
-John

CutOutBallFanatic

Herbert Moran (7)
very true. I believe the to of the table will be congested throughout all of 2025. Considering View won in the 16As I would have to say they are, alongside Joeys as the two favourites. important to note that Joeys had a lot more 16s players in opens last year and so this result is not a great representation of the strengths of the two schools in this age group.
In this age group during the years leading up to 16A's, I believe Joeys were undefeated through 13's, 14's and 15's in the A team.

Jim Brennan

Frank Nicholson (4)
The amount of year 11s on these GPS sides makes me look forward to next year. Joey's, View and Shore are looking to have big years ahead.
The 2025 season will be one to remember not only for rugby but for all the GPS sports, the current year 11s are doing very well.

JuiceJohn6

Frank Nicholson (4)
Who do we think are some snubs from this year's squads though is my query? Personally, William Hodge from View throws straight as an arrow! Understand he's only a few games into his 1s career but still see him as a great talent.
The Swamp seems in safe hands!
But they'll never climb the hill if you catch my drift!
-John

Cauliflower Ear

Frank Nicholson (4)
Was tough viewing - View forwards were overpowered by the Shore front row - Tancred and Conna were missed.
View backs imploded.
Not fair to name players but it’s clear that changes are required to the starting team.
The depth of the Shore backs - in shocking conditions - reminded me of the great Joeys set ups of the early 90s.
In contrast, View were flat - kicking game was impotent - and the dropped ball from the inside backs was crippling.
the cracks were there last weekend - the dam wall burst yesterday
Hyper-critical analysis in my eyes.
View probably won the territory battle, having plenty of possession and opportunities inside Shore's 22. It's as simple as Shore converted these chances into points and View weren't as clinical.
Shore's forwards came to play; probably the first pack to beat View and their classy backs used that to fuel their confidence.
The dam wall hasn't burst and I would hardly call it an implosion - View only need to go back to what made them a great team; building pressure through an accurate kicking game and physical forward pack, being clinical with the opportunities they can create.
Rather than View, it would be better to focus on a stellar performance from Shore in which they restated their premiership claims.
Only a two-score game in the end, you make sound like a trouncing.

Srgnt Short Ball

Herbert Moran (7)
View probably won the territory battle, having plenty of possession and opportunities inside Shore's 22. It's as simple as Shore converted these chances into points and View weren't as clinical.
Shore's forwards came to play; probably the first pack to beat View and their classy backs used that to fuel their confidence.
The dam wall hasn't burst and I would hardly call it an implosion - View only need to go back to what made them a great team; building pressure through an accurate kicking game and physical forward pack, being clinical with the opportunities they can create.
Rather than View, it would be better to focus on a stellar performance from Shore in which they restated their premiership claims.
hyper-critical is the best way to put it. Whilst View's chances of a premiership this season are finished I think they have a good chance of causing a bit of disruption. Possibly throwing a spanner in the works for Joey's premiership run and even slowing down scots as they charge up the leaderboard.

Billy McGee

Allen Oxlade (6)
Respect your perspective on the game and the team @Cauliflower Ear - we can agree to disagree in this instance.
There were high hopes for this View team, especially after starting the season so well.
Shore were super impressive yesterday - taking the points man for man in most instances.
There’s huge potential in that View team - would love to see the ball to Hartman in space and to see the wingers touch the ball.
Midfield bombs inside your own half and kicks to the open side with weapons like Callaghan returning it (Palmisani last week) has not and will not yield results.
I hope they turn it around after the break and that they enjoy their rugby