• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

NSW AAGPS 2024

TheManTheMyth

Stan Wickham (3)
What a game between view and kings...

View looked scary in the dying seconds of the game but Kings able to hold on. The royals get it done again. A true dark horse.

runningrugbyrules

Ted Fahey (11)
Personally I think Kings would win by about 10 points, not an easy game but not incredibly close or difficult. In 2022, Joeys only beat Shore by 8 points I believe, Kings who were predominantly year 11 at the time beat Shore by 1 point. Considering a year of development from most of the Kings 1sts players from 22 to 23, Kings would be able to catch up to Joeys 2022 being ahead being a better team by 8 points (obviously have to factor in other things) and considering that year of development Kings would likely win.

This prompts me to share my thoughts on the best schoolboy teams ever from GPS, CAS or ISA. Something I've been wanting to do for a long time.

St Augustine's 2024 (St Patrick's college 2024 deserves a mention as well)
Kings 2023
Riverview 2021 - beat a very, very strong Barker side of 2021, who beat Joeys
Kings 2020 - Will Pennisini and Joesph Suali on the same team. Enough said.
Joeys 2019 - Triple golden Crown.
Barker/ Trinity 2018/ Waverly 2018 - A lot of professionals out of the CAS that year. Barker and Trinity beat Joeys that year, not sure if Waverly played Joeys though.
Waverly 2017 / Scots 2017 - Eastern Suburbs dominance from both comps and multiple proffessionals out of these two teams (including Ben Donaldson who played for the Wallabies in World Cup)
Newington 2015 - Cameron Murray and co
Scots 2014 - Toby Rudolph and Angus Crichton just to name a few - don't think Scots 2014 had a close game the whole season
Cranbrook 2014 - An Australian schoolboy player from this team, significant from a school typically not dominant in Rugby. This team beat Lachie Swinton's Knox with a penalty goal to win CAS for the first time in 20 years.
Riverview 2011
2004/2005 Joeys (Kurtley Beale made the GPS his playground)
1994 St Josephs
1993 Scots

Any other teams like this that people would say are one of the Greatest ever from GPS or CAS please let me know. This is just what comes to mind for me.

In my opinion, ISA vs GPS could go either way this year especially in the backline, but the GPS forward pack will give them the advantage. However, I think CAS will lose to ISA and GPS. Does anyone have the date and location for ISA vs GPS game?
1 Joeys 1991
2 Joeys 1990
3 Joeys 1995