• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
I don’t think it means anything at all. Trials are exactly that…Trials. Whilst it’s nice to do well in them, they count for 0.
Agree. Except maybe a little local pride. Scots v Cranbrook, Knox v Joeys, Waverley v Joeys, Newington v Trinity perhaps a few to mention that cross the GPS CAS divide that the locals get amped up for. Would be good to know of some others.
When I was a TSC we wouldn't dare lose to the Brookie Brewsters from down the road. That was the ultimate shame :( Thankfully it never happened much.

Jamie Hunt

Bob McCowan (2)
ALL ASSOCIATIONS TIER LIST - POST-TRIAL PERIOD

TIER 1

St Augustine's College (ISA)

TIER 2

St Josephs College (GPS)
Shore School (GPS)
Oakhill College (ISA)
St Ignatius' College Riverview (GPS)
Waverley College (CAS)

TIER 3

Kings School (GPS)
Newington College (GPS)
Waverley College (CAS)
Scots College (GPS)
Barker College (CAS)
Knox Grammar School (CAS)

TIER 4

St Pius X College (ISA)
St Patricks College Strathfield (ISA)
St Stanislaus' College (ISA)
Kinross Wolaroi School (ISA)
Trinity Grammar School (CAS)
Cranbrook School (CAS)

TIER 5

St Gregory's College (ISA)
Sydney Grammar (GPS)
St Aloysius School (CAS)
Sydney Boys High School (GPS)

Copied over from ISA forum, Thoughts?
hahaha hahaha this has to be a piss-take. Give any school in the GPS a run against Waverly, St Augs or Oakhill at the end of the season and I can guarantee you'll see a cricket score

The Prince

Allen Oxlade (6)
Good afternoon wiseman or should i say proffesor intelligentl, another great take from you. Was this done at work or was it done in your home office. Are you a disguise moderator or are you the founder of gagr. You confuse me but despise me at the same time. As the great sheakespeare once said "it takes one nerd to find one ner

Shore v Joeys: This is all in joking manor and just a prediction...enjoy

The Battle at Heaven's Pasture

Alright, brace yourselves, folks! It's that time again—Shore v Joeys, the clash of the titans down at Heaven's Pasture. But hey, before we dive into the madness, let's set the scene.
Punters Hill: Where Legends Are Made
As the boys from North Sydney roll down into the legendary 'Punters Hill', there's an electric buzz in the air. It's like the calm before the storm, only we're praying the heavens hold off before the real tempest—the clash between these two rugby juggernauts—hits.
Swords Clashing, Hearts Pumping
Sure, people might be starting to write off Shore, but hold onto your hats, because those boys are climbing that hill with swords in hand, hearts pumping, and ready to get bloodier than a medieval battlefield. They're not just here to play; they're here to conquer, to make their mark, and to show Joeys that they're not going down without a fight.
Underdog or Top Dog?
Now, let's talk Joeys. The boys from St. Joseph's College will have the whole school rallying behind them. They'll be strutting onto that field like they own the place, and hey, they might just be favourites going into this showdown. But hey, favourites aren't always the ones who come out on top, right?
The Joker in the Pack
And who can forget about @Joker I will certainly be keeping my eyes peeled for you. Looking forward to hopefully having a chat and a coupla pies. Good luck to Joeys but we all know Shore will be ready for a fight...
Rugby, Rivalries, and Ridiculousness
So, as we gear up for this epic showdown, let's remember what it's all about: rugby, rivalries, and a healthy dose of ridiculousness. Whether you bleed blue and white or green and gold, one thing's for sure—this match is going to be one for the ages. So grab your popcorn, hold onto your seats, and let's get ready to rumble at Heaven's Pasture!
Ah, Jai Callaghan, the human blur on the rugby field! You blink, and he's already scored a try—talk about speed demon! Rumour has it that his shoelaces are actually made of lightning bolts, and his socks are infused with turbo boosters. If anyone can outrun a storm, it's definitely Jai. They say Usain Bolt looks over his shoulder when Jai's around, just to make sure he's not losing his title as the fastest man alive. So, Joeys better watch out, because when Jai's on the field, it's not just a game; it's a race against time itself!
The FORBES FERRARI
Ah, the Forbes Ferrari, aka Charlie Francis, is revving up and ready to leave Joeys in the dust! You can hear that engine purring from a mile away, and let me tell you, it's not just any old sports car—it's a beast on wheels, fueled by pure determination and a sprinkle of attitude. Joeys might think they've got the horsepower to match, but sorry fellas, you're about to get lapped faster than a snail in a Formula 1 race.

Yours in sporting Reason, A sane observer

-wisemaan
I think that shore will come up on top. Joeys has been lacking a lot of disciple lately and gave away a lot of penalties on the weekend.

-Prince

Mungo1866

Peter Burge (5)
hahaha hahaha this has to be a piss-take. Give any school in the GPS a run against Waverley, St Augs or Oakhill at the end of the season and I can guarantee you'll see a cricket score
I’m not so sure - agreed trials are trials but Auggies were bloody good across all grades against Joeys.
If the ranking is not just first XV but a view of rugby depth I’d have St Augustine’s right at the top as well, maybe not on their lonesome but as a sporting school they are first class, even their rowing program is making people sit and take notice.

Warwick Wilson

Peter Burge (5)
I think that shore will come up on top. Joeys has been lacking a lot of disciple lately and gave away a lot of penalties on the weekend.

-Prince
If the game were at Sterling Bridge maybe but at HH after a defeat I expect SJC to bounce back and to bounce back hard.

Tiaan Biscuits

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys discipline was also an issue for them in the game. Quite a few high tackles picked up by the ref.
That is true, however the interpretation seemed to be much harder than any other game this season. In the last tackle of the match, Fenwicke almost had one knee on the ground, bracing for the tackle when hit by Logan, who was penalised. Had he been upright the tackle would have been around the hips. Not sure what they expect the tackler to do in that circumstance.
There were maybe 2-3 high tackle penalties in each of the previous two games so it seems doubtful that Joeys got a whole lot worse in the space of one week.

Maul of Duty

Ward Prentice (10)
I would be interested to see the TOTW for round three. On watching the Kings/Joey‘s game, I think that the Kings #1, 5 & 8 played outstanding with a high work rate for all of those boys. The Kings #5 in particular was a standout for me. The Joey’s #2, I think played a tough game and did well in the scrum against what I believe was a stronger Kings forward pack. Joey’s #8 played a strong game as well as per usual however it was marred by the yellow card.

Maul of Duty

Ward Prentice (10)
That is true, however the interpretation seemed to be much harder than any other game this season. In the last tackle of the match, Fenwicke almost had one knee on the ground, bracing for the tackle when hit by Logan, who was penalised. Had he been upright the tackle would have been around the hips. Not sure what they expect the tackler to do in that circumstance.
There were maybe 2-3 high tackle penalties in each of the previous two games so it seems doubtful that Joeys got a whole lot worse in the space of one
It is much tougher on the tackler now and I do think that the in circumstances like what you mentioned above needs to be taken into consideration. I suppose some refs would be easier on this and others much harder. As long as there is consistency in the game with the calls being made

Joker

Staff member
Hi all. Will be posting the tipping table and taking tips tonight. I won’t be doing my match previews from now on. These take me a lot of time and I have limited energy these days. Best said I will be taking more of a back seat as you all are driving this thread so well.

Congratulations to all for really making this thread fun, informative, controversial at times but generally respectful. I am so thrilled it is in good hands. I enjoy the correspondence I have with other members.

good night all……wise old badger back to bed

3C3B11C1-CB34-407D-9513-BC23DDCCFC6F.jpeg

lineout.lunch

Stan Wickham (3)
I would be interested to see the TOTW for round three. On watching the Kings/Joey‘s game, I think that the Kings #1, 5 & 8 played outstanding with a high work rate for all of those boys. The Kings #5 in particular was a standout for me. The Joey’s #2, I think played a tough game and did well in the scrum against what I believe was a stronger Kings forward pack. Joey’s #8 played a strong game as well as per usual however it was marred by the yellow card.
My personal TOTW

1. Lavercombe
2. Ghattas
3. Osborne
4. Graham
5. Brial
6. Logan
7. Dempsey
8. Fonua
9. Grover
10. Oxenham
11. Makasini
12. Conick
13. Tombs
14. Kable
15. Mackenzie

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Sorry for my radio silence, fellas. Heading abroad in a couple of days and things have been chock-a-block in regard to preparing. Also needed some time to digest the Shore vs Newington game :(

Will be overseas for quite some time so unfortunately I won't be at any more games this season but will still remain active on the forum with tips, previews, etc. While I'm at it, @Joker my tips are below. Hopefully, you will be on the mend in due time my friend.

Joeys 10+
Scots 7+
Riverview 3+

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
My personal TOTW

1. Lavercombe
2. Ghattas
3. Osborne
4. Graham
5. Brial
6. Logan
7. Dempsey
8. Fonua
9. Grover
10. Oxenham
11. Makasini
12. Conick
13. Tombs
14. Kable
15. Mackenzie
Callaghan must be in although McKenzie played great. Put the team on his back. Looked like he would score every time he touched the ball. I would also put Rodwell (N) in, his kicking game was immaculate.

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
Sorry for my radio silence, fellas. Heading abroad in a couple of days and things have been chock-a-block in regard to preparing. Also needed some time to digest the Shore vs Newington game :(

Will be overseas for quite some time so unfortunately I won't be at any more games this season but will still remain active on the forum with tips, previews, etc. While I'm at it, @Joker my tips are below. Hopefully, you will be on the mend in due time my friend.

Joeys 10+
Scots 7+
Riverview 3+
ill second that!

Status
Not open for further replies.