• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Here for the advice

Peter Burge (5)
I have to say whenever names are discussed on this forum, it’s the same old names from every school. Some are valid, but in a lot of cases it’s just that no-one really makes much effort to look beyond the usual suspects. Go back through this forum and think when you saw a prospect mentioned that wasn’t in the following list: Shore - Warner, Le Maitre; Scots - Brial, Jacques, Fittler; Joeys - Greer, Fowler, Taumoepeau; Newington - Cleverly, Makasini, Rodwell - and so on.
It’s hard to believe that these are the only players making an impact every weekend, of course they’re not, it’s just that they’re the names that people know.
I’d challenge everyone here to find and mention a player from the weekend who influenced a game and who isn't on the above list.
Having watched View vs Shore backrower turned Prop - #3 Harvison carries well and early days as a prop but the scrum looked solid - he made some rep sides via club rugby pathway last season and was not getting a look in via GPS. Also on a slippery pitch the Shore Fullback offered some zipp.

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I just watched the Shore vs View game and the whole crowd seemed as if they were yelling at Grover... can't really control the hundred or so maggot old boys at Scots but all of Shore crowd?
View old boys were giving it to the Shore kicker too. Just not something that is easily stopped I'm afraid.

InsiderScoop

Ward Prentice (10)
TOTW Round 1.

1. Hayden Lavercombe (Kings)
2. James Warner (Shore)
3. Christopher Quinn (Joeys)
4. Dan Smith (Riverview)
5. Arthur Greer (Joeys)
6. Luca Cleverley (Newington)
7. Johannas Logan (Joeys)
8. Justice Taumoepeau (Joeys)
9. Angus Grover (Riverview)
10. Toby Rodwell (Newington)
11. Ben Bousie (Riverview)
12. Heinz Lemoto (Scots)
13. Baxter Warner (Newington)
14. Kynan Hart (Joeys)
15. Jay Mckenzie (Scots)

HM
Charlie Ulcoq (Scots)
Isaac Fonua (Kings)
Evertt Oxemham (Kings)
Jai Callagnan (Shore)

Joker

Staff member
Thanks for the score updates. Anymore.
I have 14As Scots 24-12 kings and 14Bs Scots 17-5 Kings.

Apologies for errors in tipping. Hard to do at the moment. Getting one of my sons now to check the work.

S

Snowy Mountains

Will be interesting to see what TSC coaches do. They are unable to exit when under pressure with the current set up. 2nds had a strong game with the likes of Newman, Patterson and Johnson all pressuring the first XV coaches.
The 12 was strong but has a host of backs in front of him. Big prop in red headgear must be close to a call up to try and stabilise what was a tough day scrummaging for the 1st XV.
TSC not big on making changes, you only have to look at the trial games. Newington gave them a touch up with not a single bench player used or a positional change made.
Feedback after the 1st XV not singing the song is not good amongst the parent or student body. I think this is one of the issues at the college, they think it all about the 1st XV. The singing of the song is about thanking the supporters (students, parents and friends) and congratulating the college on its efforts in all rugby fixtures. To not do this is a slap in the face, I say the students should boycott the next 1st XV home game. Head home after the completion of the 2nds fixture.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Snowy Mountains

Mate if you think any scots students are gonna boycott the firsts you're off your head. The Firsts have made the decision to only sing Auld Lang Syne after victories which is fair enough if they want to do that. They played their asses off on the weekend and First XV students were on the main supporting from very early in the day, they don't think that it's "all about them".
No one mentioned the players think it's all about them. Back to class RR.

BananaMan

Allen Oxlade (6)
I have to say whenever names are discussed on this forum, it’s the same old names from every school. Some are valid, but in a lot of cases it’s just that no-one really makes much effort to look beyond the usual suspects. Go back through this forum and think when you saw a prospect mentioned that wasn’t in the following list: Shore - Warner, Le Maitre; Scots - Brial, Jacques, Fittler; Joeys - Greer, Fowler, Taumoepeau; Newington - Cleverly, Makasini, Rodwell - and so on.
It’s hard to believe that these are the only players making an impact every weekend, of course they’re not, it’s just that they’re the names that people know.
I’d challenge everyone here to find and mention a player from the weekend who influenced a game and who isn't on the above list.
Joeys - would have to split it between Hart, Palmisani and Logan. All 3 were extremely busy during the game both offensively and defensively.

Game_Day_Ritual

Ward Prentice (10)
Mate if you think any scots students are gonna boycott the firsts you're off your head. The Firsts have made the decision to only sing Auld Lang Syne after victories which is fair enough if they want to do that. They played their asses off on the weekend and First XV students were on the main supporting from very early in the day, they don't think that it's "all about them".
To add 3 members of the 1stXV were at the 14B and 14A games running water for the 14-age group. Unfortunately, folks tend to focus on the bad things not the good things. I know the 14 age group at Scots and parents were so happy to have the three Scots 1stXV running water, offering advice it meant allot to the younger kids.

whatatry!

Frank Row (1)
Hello All, what a fantastic week of schoolboy rugby!

I had great joy watching some nail-biting games of the round 1 GPS conflict. With great props to Joey's achieving an amazing win over a very impressive and competitive Newington side. Additionally, a very close finish at Bellevue Hill, and a comp defining upset at Riverview leaving Shore's winning season start at a halt. Also I am interested in what has happened to @Verified_BOSH, took great joy in reading his amusing articles among his mates at school. Bit of light in this barrel of sometimes dribble. Hope all had a great weekend in the 'Terrific' Sydney weather, hopefully we get another impressive round of schoolboy rugby. And maybe in some drier weather.

All enjoy the upcoming week, whatatry!

Rugbynbeers

Darby Loudon (17)

remember pretty clearly Scots singing it last year after there draw to Kings…

don’t mind if they sing or don’t but that’s definitely not the complete truth that they sing only after a win. I understand most schools sing no matter what to thank the crowd.

S

Snowy Mountains

To add 3 members of the 1stXV were at the 14B and 14A games running water for the 14-age group. Unfortunately, folks tend to focus on the bad things not the good things. I know the 14 age group at Scots and parents were so happy to have the three Scots 1stXV running water, offering advice it meant allot to the younger kids.
That is so good to hear. Well done to the players!

The swamp was well and truly back in action last weekend. Heard a few games before were cancelled due to its condition. Hopefully those ground staff can fix it for the rest of the season so the boys can keep playing.

RTBLT.

I felt like the conditions suited the view attack,especially Ben Bousie's lethal speed and massive hits in defence. Overall great performance by Riverview.

RTBLD - #SwampDefended

Last edited:

throughthehands

Stan Wickham (3)
remember pretty clearly Scots singing it last year after there draw to Kings…

don’t mind if they sing or don’t but that’s definitely not the complete truth that they sing only after a win. I understand most schools sing no matter what to thank the crowd.
It is true this year they are only singing after they win. However, they did do 3 cheers for the crowd at the end of the game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.