• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2018

Tip the 2018 AAGPS 1st XV Premiers

• Total voters

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
*Note - Slight amendments to this

The U16s will now hold their finals at Drummoyne Oval.

The U18 City vs Country match is only the first step in selection to a NSWJRU team. schedule below

Sydney/ NSW Country U18 Rep Program
• Sydney U18 v NSW Country U18 (11th June, Concord Oval, Concord, 3.00pm) *NSW I Coaches decided from this game (winner)
• Sydney U18/ NSW Country v Combined High Schools U18 I & II (17th June, Warnervale, Central Coast – 12.00pm & 1.30pm))

From here a NSWJRU I and NSWJRU II team will be selected from an internal trial day on 24th Jun.
*Note - there is somewhat of a second chance for selection - players that may have missed out on the Sydney or NSW Country U18s yet compete in the Opens at the NSWJRU State Championships are still eligible for selection into one of the NSWJRU teams.

NSWJRU U18 Rep Program
• NSWJRU U18 Trial day – Sydney U18, NSW Country U18 & selected/invited players from NSWJRU U18 State Champs. (24th Jun Venue TBC)
• NSWJRU I U18 v GPS III Blue (28th June, Boronia Park Hunters Hill)
• NSWJRU II U18 v GPS III White (28th June, Boronia Park Hunters Hill) – Final NSWJRU I team decided from here
From here a final NSWJRU I will be selected and it will compete in the Rugby Au U18 Division 2 Nationals on the Gold Coast. Schedule for these games are Div 2 Nationals

Div 2 Nationals Draw looks something like
  • Sat 7th July - NSWJRU U18 vs South Australia
  • Sat 7th July - NSWJRU vs The Associated Schools
  • Sun 8th July - NSWJRU U18 vs Northern Territory
  • Tues 10th July - NSWJRU U18 in Gold Coast Rugby Carnival
  • Thurs 12th July - NSWJRU U18 vs DIVISION 2 States Barbarians
GO 3 you say div 2 u18s: is it not aus schools? If it is do players have to be at a registered school to play in the div 2 tournament? Presumably they would need to be to take the next step.

Gary Owen III

Syd Malcolm (24)
GO 3 you say div 2 u18s: is it not aus schools? If it is do players have to be at a registered school to play in the div 2 tournament? Presumably they would need to be to take the next step.

Yes, it is the Div 2 of the Aust Schools Tournament - but the NSWJRU U18s are club based players and either NOT at school or not selected for any schools association. NSWJRU have been working closely with Rugby Au and Aust Schools to be permitted to enter the tournament.

These NSWJRU U18s are unable to be selected any higher - so they could be the best Under 18 player in the country but cannot play for Aust Schoolboys...

It is the flaw in the pathway - but at least they get seen by the Gen Blue selectors etc for next season.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes, it is the Div 2 of the Aust Schools Tournament - but the NSWJRU U18s are club based players and either NOT at school or not selected for any schools association. NSWJRU have been working closely with Rugby Au and Aust Schools to be permitted to enter the tournament.

These NSWJRU U18s are unable to be selected any higher - so they could be the best Under 18 player in the country but cannot play for Aust Schoolboys.

It is the flaw in the pathway - but at least they get seen by the Gen Blue selectors etc for next season.
It’s a good effort.
Aus schools is a bit of a hangover from the amateur era.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Wellington will be versing Reimer (B) for the open side flanker spot in the NSW team in my opinion

Hi Rod.

Both are absolute standouts and very much in the mix, imo, especially Reimer.

But there is also Donny Freeman (Kinross) who was starting 7 for NSW 1 u18s last year and also won 'NSW Schools Player of the Year' Award.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/rps20170902_181632.jpg

In the 2017 NSW Rugby Awards.

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/2017-nsw-rugby-awards/

Armchair Selector

Johnnie Wallace (23)
Well said rich-e. There are a range of boys from other school associations beyond GPS and CAS that have performed at an elite level and should be worthy favourites

Step 1 will be selection for respective school associations before consideration of NSW schools.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeatAddict

Frank Row (1)
Bit off topic, wondering if anyone knows how to access SPA images who take photos for riverview. It says the folder has a password on it but I want to see my son's in the 3rd XV photos. Is there a universal password or something I would be able to use?

Joker

John Hipwell (52)
Bit off topic, wondering if anyone knows how to access SPA images who take photos for riverview. It says the folder has a password on it but I want to see my son's in the 3rd XV photos. Is there a universal password or something I would be able to use?

Best to ask the sports master, Jono Harvey or maybe try Andrew Szabo. Schools usually lock down photo libraries like this due to privacy issues these days. I have seen in the past photographers being asked to leave grounds.

rough nugget

Frank Row (1)
GPS predictions
1. Bell (N)
2. Heaven (J)
3. McLennan (I)
4. Brown (K)
5. Williams (S)
6. Wellington (S)
7. Mitchell (K)
8. Harris (S) captain
9. Albert (I)
10. Savala/Minogue (S/K)
11. Williams (K)
12. Savala/Minogue (S/K)
13. Bell (I)
14. Not sure
15. Connolly (K)

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
Best to ask the sports master, Jono Harvey or maybe try Andrew Szabo. Schools usually lock down photo libraries like this due to privacy issues these days. I have seen in the past photographers being asked to leave grounds.
Its a byproduct of child protection laws and it occurs not just at Rugby matches regarding photographers, but more so at swimming carnivals. Even parents, have been regulated at sports events, as to what they can film or photograph. Such is the world we live in 2018.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Very interesting games this weekend. I suspect that two will be close and the other might be a blow out.

Scots by 5-10 over Joeys

Kings by 20 plus against Shore

A resurgent New by 5-10 over Riverview

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
This game defintely hardest to pick imo. Could go either way, with View's recent win over Barker a resurgence also, following their biggish loss to Kings. Hopefully steppa might get out to Lane Cove (pretty please).

I'm going to hang around for the 1sts this week. I'm looking forward to it.

Black & White

Vay Wilson (31)
I'm going to hang around for the 1sts this week. I'm looking forward to it.
I have not seen New play this year, but going on styles of play over the last couple years I would expect New would have a advantage if the ground is a bit wet and they play wet weather Rugby based around a hard physical dominance through their forward pack. However, their backline by all reports against Trinity was big, fast and dynamic and difficult for Trinity to contain This is something of change, from our bash and crash tactics, whereby the backs setup play for the forwards to feed off to again replicate the hard charges. Real trench warfare stuff.

Equally, View has had sides with speedy backlines that are well suited to dry grounds. How big and skilled their forwards may determine the game, if they can respond to any attempt by New to dominant physically up front.

Joker

John Hipwell (52)
What a weekend of treats lay ahead of us. The rugby bakers across Sydney had last weekend off to fine their recipes and instill some starch into some puff pastry. Other found new combinations worked well when added with special additives. In this weekend will provide punters with a good guide for the upcoming bake off of 2018.

Shore v Kings
My stomach has always enjoyed the trip to North bridge. Stiff southerly buster and ordinary seating be damned, the pies, good coffee and smiles at the canteen have always brought me back. While the Shore Steak and Stilton Pie of late is as tasty as always, the consistency I feel is a let down. The recipe has not changed for many a season and hence it has been as predictable as a girl standing in front of a salad and asking it to be donut. Kings variety has no such issues. While a disappointment against the enhanced products found in Bellevue, the bakers of Nth Parramatta has discovered that the Mortadella and Fortine slab pie, while a winner at dinner parties, does no good in the big game. The TKS Beef cheek and stout pie is more to their liking and should see them home. Kings by a dozen reds.

View v Newington
How the punters will enjoy this occasion. Here we have two genuine dark horses. Both have had some inconsistent form of late, but recent results coming from respective kitchens has seen a remarkable improvement and possibly some new directions not seen on the rugby platters for a while. View, while enjoying a good win against the Waitara Clan did have the benefit of several weeks of videos to plan and observe what the northern boys were serving. Kudos to the coaches who discovered a winning recipe. The Moroccan pigeon pie they served last week was something new and it was a winner. Will Newington though respond in kind? There last outing starting to show the Wyvern dragon is awakening and is hungry for a feed. The Cajun pork and beef cheese pie this week will do the trick. I feel the Stanmore stallions will be sslighty too strong for the View "bird in pastry" effort. It will be close though. Newington by a half dozen. Get your seats early.

St Joseph's v Scots
Often a tipster must examine their heart and tell it is shut up and listen to the head. While Joeys have made strides of late to find the right formulae, I feel Joeys have been looking for happiness in the same place they have lost it. Time to embrace the new world of baking and forget the stodge. The college kitchen will need a major shake up this weekend. While the courage and spice of the Hunters Hill Shepherds pie has never been in doubt, many feel it has lost its hearty goodness and become a Blue cheese quiche with wholegrain crust. Soft in the middle with only some starch on the edges. Scots will have no issues here I feel as the Dark Empire of the East will continue to produce the protein enriched Salmon Kulebyaka pie, quite expensive to import from the Russian sports ministry. Scots by a bakers tray.

e0e26d64e3ff823903304f2abad36079.jpg

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
Confirming Jeremy Williams is back from pre season shoulder injury this Saturday V Joeys.

That's great news - for Scots of course. But also for schoolboys rugby. IMO he was one of the better forwards at last year's Nationals tournament, in coming off the bench for NSW 1, and would have to have been very close to making last years Aust schools or Barbarians sides.

Rich_E

Ron Walden (29)
What a weekend of treats lay ahead of us. The rugby bakers across Sydney had last weekend off to fine their recipes and instill some starch into some puff pastry. Other found new combinations worked well when added with special additives. In this weekend will provide punters with a good guide for the upcoming bake off of 2018.

Shore v Kings
My stomach has always enjoyed the trip to North bridge. Stiff southerly buster and ordinary seating be damned, the pies, good coffee and smiles at the canteen have always brought me back. While the Shore Steak and Stilton Pie of late is as tasty as always, the consistency I feel is a let down. The recipe has not changed for many a season and hence it has been as predictable as a girl standing in front of a salad and asking it to be donut. Kings variety has no such issues. While a disappointment against the enhanced products found in Bellevue, the bakers of Nth Parramatta has discovered that the Mortadella and Fortine slab pie, while a winner at dinner parties, does no good in the big game. The TKS Beef cheek and stout pie is more to their liking and should see them home. Kings by a dozen reds.

View v Newington
How the punters will enjoy this occasion. Here we have two genuine dark horses. Both have had some inconsistent form of late, but recent results coming from respective kitchens has seen a remarkable improvement and possibly some new directions not seen on the rugby platters for a while. View, while enjoying a good win against the Waitara Clan did have the benefit of several weeks of videos to plan and observe what the northern boys were serving. Kudos to the coaches who discovered a winning recipe. The Moroccan pigeon pie they served last week was something new and it was a winner. Will Newington though respond in kind? There last outing starting to show the Wyvern dragon is awakening and is hungry for a feed. The Cajun pork and beef cheese pie this week will do the trick. I feel the Stanmore stallions will be sslighty too strong for the View "bird in pastry" effort. It will be close though. Newington by a half dozen. Get your seats early.

St Joseph's v Scots
Often a tipster must examine their heart and tell it is shut up and listen to the head. While Joeys have made strides of late to find the right formulae, I feel Joeys have been looking for happiness in the same place they have lost it. Time to embrace the new world of baking and forget the stodge. The college kitchen will need a major shake up this weekend. While the courage and spice of the Hunters Hill Shepherds pie has never been in doubt, many feel it has lost its hearty goodness and become a Blue cheese quiche with wholegrain crust. Soft in the middle with only some starch on the edges. Scots will have no issues here I feel as the Dark Empire of the East will continue to produce the protein enriched Salmon Kulebyaka pie, quite expensive to import from the Russian sports ministry. Scots by a bakers tray.

e0e26d64e3ff823903304f2abad36079.jpg

Very entertaining and insightful read - again. Thanks. But again i have had to duck down to the pie shop below my building to partake. And I'm not sure whether i should be thankful or not for that ;)