• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 6: Sydney Rays v Canberra Vikings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
^^^^^^ no doubt HJ but I think the bigger difference is the standard of coaching. Coleman(?) at the Eagles and Cron at the Rays are miles ahead of any coaches the Vikings have put out in this and past NRCs.

Reactions: mst

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
But he hasn't got the talent McKenzie's got in his little finger. The undersized Vikings were outmuscled again by the better, bigger Rays' backs.

I know. I am hoping JJH comes good - and that's more about the fact that he is local a Canberra product than talent or ability. :oops:

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Yeah, the Brumbies have a lot of firepower to bring back from the Wallabies and players being rested, the big concern for mine though is if they have to start the Super rugby season with Jooste and JJH at 10 and 12. That is going to be a massive target for opposition to attack.

Um, not where its needed in the backline.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Yowsers, how the mighty have fallen? Pace setter in 2015 is dog tucker in 2016.

How well is Simone playing when he is given a bit of space, or makes space by busting the line?

Are last year's (and the year before that) easy beats are now dishing it out.:)

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Vikings looked very pedestrian out there today. Not sure what it was, but they looked slow, flat footed and that was just the attack.

Defensively they were unorganised and slow to react.

Well done to the Rays for exploiting it.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Cron must be on the radar for higher coaching honours as what he has done with northern suburbs and then rays is impressive -

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree. But for his own development I'd like him to spend a couple more seasons in SS and NRC. IMO too many of our coaches (and referees for that matter) show some promise and are immediately pitched in above their heads without the opportunity to develop themselves at the lower levels.

N

NTT

Um, not where its needed in the backline.

I don't know what to make of this post. It seems like you are agreeing with my post while trying to take the piss out of it. Interesting style. Besides, the Brumbies have Godwin and Kuridrani to come into the team which will give the backs a boost aswell as adding Speight and Cubelli. So there is some firepower to come into the backline.

If the Brumbies have to start with Jooste and Jordan Jackson-hope at 10 and 12 they will have Jerome Kaino, Eben Etzebeth, Willem Alberts or any number of world class forwards running at them tearing holes through the brumbies at will. Fingers crossed for the Brumbies this doesn't happen.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't know what to make of this post. It seems like you are agreeing with my post while trying to take the piss out of it. Interesting style. Besides, the Brumbies have Godwin and Kuridrani to come into the team which will give the backs a boost aswell as adding Speight and Cubelli. So there is some firepower to come into the backline.

If the Brumbies have to start with Jooste and Jordan Jackson-hope at 10 and 12 they will have Jerome Kaino, Eben Etzebeth, Willem Alberts or any number of world class forwards running at them tearing holes through the brumbies at will. Fingers crossed for the Brumbies this doesn't happen.
Both Godwin and Tevita have played poorly recently, and we still don't have a real 10 yet. I don't think Godwin can can lead a 10, nor is he a playmaker; he is more of a follower / receiver. so it means we have no direction in the backline whatsoever.

So their return really doesnt provide much at all at this stage.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Also, others who are not up to NRC standard include Penca, JJH, and the whole front row.

I feel like your judgement of players can be a tad hysterical after a loss...........

RE: JJH from the match review:

On a day when your team is completely outplayed, Jordan Jackson-Hope was the only player who really gave the Vikings any go forward in the backs, and was inspiring in a losing team. To do that at such a young age really shows his maturity as a player. He will be going places, and has the makings of what could be a great Wallaby.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do wonder with these extreme rotations every week if they're sacrificing their NRC ambitions for the greater good of trialling players for the Brumbies, or is Southwell simply unsure of who his best team is?

It's great to see so many local players get a run, but they have absolutely no consistency........ and getting spanked like that can't be good for confidence.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
There is a significant coaching issue and philosophy in Canberra Rugby watching at this rubbish.

A fish rots from the head down. The shitfight between an indecisive board with a non-transparent chair and a determined, reforming CEO certainly couldn't've helped the performances of elite rugby in Canberra this year. Just think, this lot won the HL Shield a few weeks ago. Amazing. Incredible.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I feel like your judgement of players can be a tad hysterical after a loss.....

RE: JJH from the match review:

And I simply don't agree with that observation. In the game I saw, Lausi Taliauli was the only backline player making regular forward progress. And I might add, I believe the match reviewer mixed up a few of the Vikings players, so I wouldn't put too much credence in some of the detail of his report on this occasion.

Status
Not open for further replies.