• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 6: QLD Country v NSW Country

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Yup.

Also Qld Country, despite being cellar dwellars, weren't that bad.

A big game for them in Toowoomba - if they could pick a scalp they'd want it'd be NSW Country … or maybe Brisbane City next week.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
1st loses to last. Can't take anything for granted.

Well done QC (Quade Cooper). Must've been starting a former mungo SOO great that made a difference.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Eagles pay the price for 'resting' players. Seriously. It's a 9 week comp. There's no need for resting or rotating. Play your best every week. If the guys on the fringes want in then they have to force their way in.
The losing bonus point means the Eagles stay clear of the Rays no matter the outcome. Best game for them to lose. For the finals you'd think the return of Latu, Robertson, Hanigan, Figg, Ward, Gordon, Newsome and Kellaway might come in handy.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Yep. Agree Jag. No dramas with the loss. A undefeated season for the Rising did nothing for them come finals in 14.

They're still the team to beat.

It does make Qld Country v Brisbane City a lot more fun next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
The losing bonus point means the Eagles stay clear of the Rays no matter the outcome. Best game for them to lose. For the finals you'd think the return of Latu, Robertson, Hanigan, Figg, Ward, Gordon, Newsome and Kellaway might come in handy.

True (if they keep winning).

So, to confirm, chaps: was Hanigan rested in this game after all?

(I'm in AFL land)

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
A undefeated season for the Rising did nothing for them come finals in 14.

Lack of rotation hurt the Rising.

Lost 3 of the best: Jones, McMahon and English on the eve of finals.

Meant we had a debutant off the bench, and our underutilised locals were forced to play a lot more minutes. Think Veainu got ruled out through injury only 2 weeks before as well.

Got to think that if a few more boys had gotten some more minutes, it wouldn't have been the same.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Very good effort by Qld Country, but imo they were helped quite a bit by some intriguing refereeing. Nevertheless, the Eagles had the game for the taking in the last few minutes and couldn't get across the line.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Lack of rotation hurt the Rising.

Lost 3 of the best: Jones, McMahon and English on the eve of finals.

Meant we had a debutant off the bench, and our underutilised locals were forced to play a lot more minutes. Think Veainu got ruled out through injury only 2 weeks before as well.

Got to think that if a few more boys had gotten some more minutes, it wouldn't have been the same.

which is the point I am making.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Very good effort by Qld Country, but imo they were helped quite a bit by some intriguing refereeing. Nevertheless, the Eagles had the game for the taking in the last few minutes and couldn't get across the line.

in what way? If anything I thought he favoured the weaker Eagles scrum

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
in what way? If anything I thought he favoured the weaker Eagles scrum

Specifically, he gave the NSW side no reward at all at the breakdown, even when on quite a number of occasions it was obvious that they had possession of the ball but he allowed the ruck to continue until Qld came away with the ball. I also thought he allowed Qld to kill the ball at their attacking rucks. Just as an impartial but interested onlooker, I certainly had the impression that Qld got the better of most of the decisions.

N

NTT

Just caught the replay waiting for the test match. Simply a game where one team played to its strengths and the other did not play with the right intensity. QC (Quade Cooper) were very good at the set piece while the Eagles missed the regular drive they get from Gordon and Ward.
Not a season killer and will be used as great motivation by the Eagles heading into the finals. It was also one of the best games I've seen Godwin play in a while.

HJ Nelson

Trevor Allan (34)
Staff member
Photos from the game here:

Flickr or Facebook

30007416976_fdf26e33c5_c_d.jpg

29413828044_cf3bd77982_c_d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.