• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC Rnd 1: Rams v Eagles - Sunday @ 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
GREATER SYDNEY RAMS:

1 Jed Gillespie, 2 Hugh Roach, 3 Rob Lagudi, 4 Adrian Hall, 5 Albert Tuisue, 6 Katoni Ale, 7 David Hickey, 8 Jed Holloway, 9 Josh Holmes, 10 Mack Mason, 11 Taqele Naiyaravoro, 12 Kevin Fuavao, 13 Denis Piligateau, 14 John Grant, 15 Cam Bailey
16 Mokani Fuavao, 17 Andrew Tuala, 18 Conor Young, 19 Fergus Lee-Warner, 20 Tevita Piukala, 21 Matt Gonzalez, 22 Ben Cotton, 23 Stu Dunbar
NSW COUNTRY EAGLES:

1. Patrick Ryan, 2. Tolu Latu, 3. Cameron Beetham, 4. Timothy Buchanan, 5. Thomas Staniforth, 6. Nick Kellaway, 7. Maclean Jones, 8. Samuel Ward, 9. Mitchell Short, 10. Tayler Adams, 11. Andrew Kellaway, 12. Tom Hill, 13. Sebastian Wileman, 14. Alex Gibbon, 15. Alex Newsome
16. Brandon Paenga-Amosa, 17. Matt Gibbon, 18. Harry Johnson-Holmes, 19. Lachlan Swinton, 20. Rohan O’Regan, 21. Archie King, 22. Christian Kagiassis, 23. Henry Clunies-Ross

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
This will be a Horan Little Shield Challenge match with the Eagles accepting the Rams challenge.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He played 10 for Easts before Mack Mason arrived.

Not sure he'll set the world on fire but a good all around player in a traditional 10 sort of style.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Probably just enough Super players in that Eagles outfit to defend the shield. At least the Rams won't have Asquith at 10.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Archie King left Shore in 2011. Was in the 1st XI and 1st XV. I was pleasantly surprised to see his name on the Easts roster this year; he was better known for his cricketing ability at Shore but was always a talented footballer. I look forward to seeing him play in the NRC.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Taylor Adams has played half back as well. I would say the plan is for him to move to 9 when Short comes off.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Bewildered to see Tom Hill playing for the Eagles. And John Grant popping up on the wing for the Rams, do not remember him getting much game time for the Woodies this season, was he playing for another club?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I reckon Rams good chance for win here...got to take the NSW home derbies as other state sides very strong ...read Perth Spirit near full Super Rugby team and QLD sides looking very strong.....

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Because John Grant been playing for Cowra..country boy back in Cowra..
I watched him play against mudgee, big lad 6'6" or so. He was good without being exceptional, certainly didn't carve it up against our lot and our lot were shite at the time. James Grant's nephew I think?

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Yep. He is pretty quick, switched to league for a season or so, not sure why he has not gone on with it as a player.

Maybe this year? Manenti is a pretty canny coach, he must have his reasons for picking him.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Together with Lachie Turner was at one time rated in the fastest two footballers in the country. Had some quite strong games with Eastwood before switching to League with the Wests Tigers where he pretty much seemed to be ignored, Think he had another season with the Woodies before going to the country.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Together with Lachie Turner was at one time rated in the fastest two footballers in the country. Had some quite strong games with Eastwood before switching to League with the Wests Tigers where he pretty much seemed to be ignored, Think he had another season with the Woodies before going to the country.
He actually played aus sevens team. Was at the Waratahs back when the Super Rugby teams had enormous development squads. Pretty sure he injured his shoulder when he went to league and never played NRL. And hasn't been the same player since.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Mild to warm afternoon here at Millner, ground looking VERY worn, hasn't seen any water recently. Crowd yet to appear.

I'm up the back of the western stand kneeling behind a long lectern, no power points so if this report stops you'll know I've run out of juice.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Eagles drive play up to the Rams 5m line, draw penalty. Adams knocks it over, 0-3 after 3 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.