• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017: Perth Spirit vs Melbourne Rising @ McGillivray Oval 3pm Sunday AWST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Fairly happy with that.

Well done Spirit, they were well worth the win.

Some very exciting guys in this Rising team. Especially impressed when Uelese and Sa'aga came on and turned a scrum that was getting dished up to a dominant force.

How good is Naisarani, Verity-Amm has some magic about him as well.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
Fairly happy with that.

Well done Spirit, they were well worth the win.

Some very exciting guys in this Rising team. Especially impressed when Uelese and Sa'aga came on and turned a scrum that was getting dished up to a dominant force.

How good is Naisarani, Verity-Amm has some magic about him as well.

Verity-Amm caught my eye. Has real good acceleration off the mark. Naisarani was immense. Has to be on the Wallabies radar, surely.

B

BLR

I think lack of conditioning caught the boys out today. Didn't really look anywhere in trouble though so can't complain.

It seems one of the Risings main gameplans alot of the time was 'pass it to Koreibete'. Worked well tbh once the Spirit got a bit tired and dropping off tackles.

Hopefully Cheika being in the crowd today makes him realise the bs he was spouting about the Force being cut will flip to realising how good it is here.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think lack of conditioning caught the boys out today. Didn't really look anywhere in trouble though so can't complain.

It seems one of the Risings main gameplans alot of the time was 'pass it to Koreibete'. Worked well tbh once the Spirit got a bit tired and dropping off tackles.

Hopefully Cheika being in the crowd today makes him realise the bs he was spouting about the Force being cut will flip to realising how good it is here.

entertaining and great atmosphere, big crowd too. The Rising pigs looked very good in the 2nd half off the bench, young legs and lots of energy not to mention big.
Where was Cheika?

B

BLR

entertaining and great atmosphere, big crowd too. The Rising pigs looked very good in the 2nd half off the bench, young legs and lots of energy not to mention big.
Where was Cheika?

I think the Spirit were trying a few things out in the forwards in the 2nd half as well. Erasmus (a hooker) came on at prop so I think the combination of the good forward bench for the Rising and a bit of a trial from the Spirit skewed things a bit.

From what I saw in the first half he was up the back around the half way line in front of one of the concession stands. Nathan Grey was there next to him as well. I think they could have learn lots from some of the Spirit's first half attached tbh. Meakes seemed to be stuffed by the second half but first half he was immense. Should have put that $1 million for Beale somewhere else I reckon.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
I think the Spirit were trying a few things out in the forwards in the 2nd half as well. Erasmus (a hooker) came on at prop so I think the combination of the good forward bench for the Rising and a bit of a trial from the Spirit skewed things a bit.

From what I saw in the first half he was up the back around the half way line in front of one of the concession stands. Nathan Grey was there next to him as well. I think they could have learn lots from some of the Spirit's first half attached tbh. Meakes seemed to be stuffed by the second half but first half he was immense. Should have put that $1 million for Beale somewhere else I reckon.

Yes Meakes was very good, copped a few hits drawing his man. His defence was hard hitting too. I liked the way he was talking a lot, organising.
Another who I thought was very good, last 15min I think and not often mentioned, was Grant. Playing somewhere in the back 3, try saving bone crunching tackle, very good awareness, lots of talking also.
These types of on field leaders will be very good for the Force in 2018.

chiraag

Larry Dwyer (12)
Great turnout for the game and was a closer contest than I expected. Looks like there's some good young talent in the rising team. Philip, Nasairani, Meakes and Ruru were very good for the spirit. Liked the look of Tuipolotou, maddocks and McGregor for the rising.

Good to see Cheika and Grey in the crowd, as well as a few of the Boks who must be in town for next week's game early. Saw Lleyds, Paige, Rhule and De Allende there enjoying the atmosphere.

Was nice to feel positive about rugby for the first time in a few weeks after a great game

Status
Not open for further replies.