• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017 Canberra Vikings vQLD Cntry Saturday @ 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

40-26, QLD Country now in the lead with the wind at their backs

T

TOCC

This game could go either way, both teams displaying real attacking threat

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Vikiings win 48 - 40 after Country blow a game winning lead. Vikings got a healthy leg up from the ref no doubt, but Country were the architect of their own demise by not playing rugby Reds style, even when chasing the game.

Happy

Alex Ross (28)
It was an enjoyable game I thought. Vikings came out in the second half very disjointed, and Country looked like they would run away with the game, but Vikings really controlled the last 20 minutes to come back for the win.

I can't recall them coming back from significant deficits in previous years, so that was a nice change. They need to work on their line out, though. It was shaky the entire game.

I thought Banks and Hynes were the pick of the Vikings, and both sides saw some good performances.

Hopefully there will be a better crowd for the next game. What more could you want - entertaining game, $5 entry, and steak sangas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Bemused by the comment above that the Vikings got a leg up from the ref. The QC (Quade Cooper) had the ball for the entire first 12 minutes on the back of some very soft and questionable penalties. And all game the QC (Quade Cooper) backs were just offside at the breakdown and though warned on a couple of occasions by the ref were not taken to task at all.

Other than that, it was a very enjoyable game with some exciting passages of play. The vikings backs looked quite lethal when they controlled the ball, and once they started to get parity in the scrum by three quarter time, they looked to be the better side and deserved their win. How good was that 20m rolling maul try? Would certainly have been a penalty try had they not made the tryline.

Ben Hyne MOTM for me, but Tom Banks also had a blinder. Qld must be sore that they let him slip through their fingers.

Reactions: mst
Status
Not open for further replies.