• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2017 Canberra Vikings vQLD Cntry Saturday @ 3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Queensland Country side to face Canberra Vikings:
  1. Sef Fa’agase - University of Queensland, Beaudesert
  2. Alex Mafi - Bond University, Mt. Isa
  3. Fred Burke - GPS
  4. Izack Rodda (VC) - Easts
  5. Harry Hockings* - University of Queensland, Bowen
  6. Angus Scott-Young - University of Queensland
  7. Liam Wright - Easts
  8. Caleb Timu* – Souths
  9. James Tuttle - GPS
  10. Hamish Stewart* - Bond University, Toowoomba
  11. Eto Nabuli - GPS
  12. Duncan Paia’aua (C) - Norths, Rockhampton
  13. Chris Feauai-Sautia - Souths
  14. Izaia Perese - Easts
  15. Patrick James*** – Brothers
Reserves
  1. Alex Casey - Souths
  2. Richie Asiata - Easts
  3. Taniela Tupou - Brothers
  4. Angus Blyth** - Bond University, Gold Coast
  5. Ted Postal - Brothers, Townsville
  6. Scott Malolua - Souths
  7. Teti Tela - Souths
  8. Veresa Mataitini** - Norths

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Interesting that CFS is playing 13 and Perese 14. I'd have thought it would be the other way around.

Perhaps it's on the basis that with Kerevi in front of him Perese is likely to continue playing on the wing for some time.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Canberra Vikings team list for Saturday 2 December 1. Harry Lloyd 2. Robbie Abel 3. Les Leuluailii-Makin 4. Blake Enever (C) 5. Sam Carter 6. Ben Hyne 7. Angus Allen 8. Lolo Fakaosilea 9. Joe Powell 10. Wharenui Hawera 11. Ben Johnston 12. James Dargaville 13. Andrew Robinson 14. Andrew Muirhead 15. Tom Banks 16. Folau Fainga'a 17. Joel Penders 18. Max Bode 19. Darcy Swain 20. Rob Valetini 21. Pedro Rolando 22. Liam Moseley 23. Len Ikitau

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting that CFS is playing 13 and Perese 14. I'd have thought it would be the other way around.

Perhaps it's on the basis that with Kerevi in front of him Perese is likely to continue playing on the wing for some time.

yeah agree. Considering CFS last played his best for the Reds as a winger and Perese was a standout for Country at 13 last year.

I think your reasoning is correct though. Perese is seen as a wing for the Reds so that's where he plays here.

T

TOCC

I think that combinations best reflects their relevant skill sets.

Perese doesn't have the passing game for a 13 at this stage in his career, and he is unlikely to play 13 at Super Rugby level as a result. CFS played 13 during the Souths QPR GF run in 2015, and to be honest was some of the best performances I have seen from a 13 in QPR in recent years.

T

TOCC

Keen to see the backrow of ASY (Angus Scott-Young), Wright and Timu,. Certainly a talented trio but still developing

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Canberra Vikings team list for Saturday 2 December 1. Harry Lloyd 2. Robbie Abel 3. Les Leuluailii-Makin 4. Blake Enever (C) 5. Sam Carter 6. Ben Hyne 7. Angus Allen 8. Lolo Fakaosilea 9. Joe Powell 10. Wharenui Hawera 11. Ben Johnston 12. James Dargaville 13. Andrew Robinson 14. Andrew Muirhead 15. Tom Banks 16. Folau Fainga'a 17. Joel Penders 18. Max Bode 19. Darcy Swain 20. Rob Valetini 21. Pedro Rolando 22. Liam Moseley 23. Len Ikitau

Interesting team.......

A few Brumbies players being rested........ a lot of JID players given a crack which is great to see.

Cusack must be injured, because I thought he was team captain?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
For shits and giggles...........

1. Harry Lloyd (Wests)
2. Robbie Abel (Easts)
3. Les Leuluailii-Makin (Queanbeyan)
4. Blake Enever (C) (Easts)
5. Sam Carter (Royals)
6. Ben Hyne (Tuggeranong)
7. Angus Allen (Wests)
8. Lolo Fakaosilea (Uni-Norths)
9. Joe Powell (Tuggeranong)
10. Wharenui Hawera (Gungahlin)
11. Ben Johnston (Royals)
12. James Dargaville (Gungahlin)
13. Andrew Robinson (Tuggeranong)
14. Andrew Muirhead (Royals)
15. Tom Banks (Uni-Norths)

16. Folau Fainga'a (?)
17. Joel Penders (Royals)
18. Max Bode (Uni-Norths)
19. Darcy Swain (Tuggeranong)
20. Rob Valetini (Wests)
21. Pedro Rolando (Royals)
22. Liam Moseley (Queanbeyan)
23. Len Ikitau (Tuggeranong)

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Didn't realise that the U19's were also on this weekend, hence why Lonergan and Hansen are missing.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Interesting that Enever gets the (C) over Carter while Cusack is missing.

I think that forward pack will be a little too strong for the Qld Country boys.

T

TOCC

Agreed the Vikings should have it over QCountry, says a lot when 21 years old Rodda is considered one of the experienced players in the pack.

Little bit irony in this game, 3 of the Vikings forward pack are from the QLD Country catchment, probably a similar amount to the Q Country forward pack.

Reactions: TSR
T

TOCC

Vikings showing great defence, QCountry have the run with possession but struggling to get across the advantage line. Banks playing well for Vikings

T

TOCC

Surprisingly the QCountry forwards seem to have the wood at the set piece, QLDs backs struggling to get across the advantage line.

T

TOCC

19-12 to the Vikings so far

Taniela Tupou has just come on at THP

Status
Not open for further replies.