• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NRC 2016 SF2: Rays v Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Played on Sunday at Pittwater Park, from 3pm

Sydney Rays

Starting 1-15: Ezra Luxton, Damien Fitzpatrick, Angus Ta’avao, Connor Vest, James Brown, Jack Dempsey, Chris Alcock, Michael Smith, Matt Lucas, Angus Sinclair, Harry Jones Irae Simone, Con Foley, Lochie Creagh, Josh Turner/Jonathan Malo.
Reserves: James Hilterbrand, Rory O’Connor, Alain Miriallakis/Lawrance Hunting, Adrian Hall, Harry Bergelin, Dewet Roos, Sam Lane, Jonathan Malo/Seb Wileman/Richard Woolf/Dennis Pili-Gaitau.
Perth Spirit

Starting 1-15: Pek Cowan, Heath Tessman, Jermaine Ainsley, Kieran Stringer, Onehunga Havili, Ross Haylett-Petty, Richard Hardwick, Brynard Stander, Ryan Louwrens, Ian Prior, Semisi Masirewa, Ben Tapuai, Billy Meakes, Marcel Brache, Luke Morahan.
Reserves: Anaru Rangi, Laione Mulikihaamea, Shambeckler Vui, Grayson Knapp, Russell Burges, Michael Ruru, AJ Alatimu, Eric Vasukicakau

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sydney Rays vs Perth Spirit at Pittwater Rugby Park
Referee: William Houston
Referee: Edward Martin, Graham Cooper
Television match official: George Ayoub

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Gotta say I'm feeling quietly confident in this one. Don't think we'll give up 4 yellow cards again in a hurry.

I wouldn't be quietly confident. The loss of Lance is a body blow from which I don't think you'll recover. That guy should have been in the Wallaby squad.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
The loss of Lance does suck, but I don't think that is where the Spirit lost the game last time. We had very poor discipline, poor set piece and were badly beaten at the breakdown. I think we have improved a lot in those areas. Prior has had a couple of good games at 10 at Super Rugby level.

N

NTT

Losing Lance is a blow but Prior is serviceable enough to get us through. Taps and Meakes need to shut down the Rays midfield. Thats where the game will be won or lost.

Spirit by 24

kiap

Steve Williams (59)
Pre-game pic via Brett McKay:

Cu3A9H7UMAA_poL.jpg

and Rays Rugby:

Cu3HeyYVIAAqpTP.jpg

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Early sub with Angus Ta'avao carted off. Rays attack Spirit 22m but are pushed back to their half.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Excellent play from Spirit in the Rays 22m, holding the ball 5m out, buggered it up with a sloppy pass.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Fitzpatrick opens the account for the Rays. Great set up work by Jones, Simone and Dempsey.

Lucas converts. Rays 8 Perth 0 after 8 minutes.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Rays win 5m scrum, kick up to the 10m line, Jones catches it on the full. Suddenly the Rays are pressing in the Spirit 22m and go over. Try to Fitzy (the player), 7m to the right of the posts. Lucas slots it, 8-0.

There powers-that-be haven't fired up the scoreboard here at Rat Park,which also has a clock. i won't give you times.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Harry Jones - Meat pie for Rays off a fairly conventional starter play from a lineout on halfway.

Lucas converts and suddenly it's 16 - 0 after 10 minutes.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Spirit get the ballback after the kickoff (is retaining kicked off ball optional in this comp?) scrappy play in the Rays half. Rays kick the ball back into Spirit half, and they hold it to push play back into Rays half.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Masirewa scores for the Spirit in the far corner (NE corner).

Rays 16 Spirit 6 after Prior pushes the conversion across the face of the sticks. 15 minutes gone.

Harry Bergellin on for Michael Smith.

Fitzpatrick off, Hilterbrand on.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Absolutely beautiful stab kick through for the Spirit right wing to gather a lucky bounce, over in the corner. 16-6.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
SPIRIT HOLD THE KICK OFF! Push play back up to Rays 22m, good maul and then cough up a penalty. Nice kick, lineout just in Rays half. Spirit win ruck, good kick into Rays 22m, lineout win by Rays but not kicked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.