• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Forwards: Blues forwards + token Cantab front-rowers + that Wellington #7 bloke to learn from Dalton.
Backs: Blues wing-forwards (we're bringing it back). Otherwise who cares. The Auckland killdozer up front will sort everyone out.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Geez that is devastating for his whanau etc. His poor bloody kids and wife.
RIP Connor!
To his wife and kids Kia Kaha!

I hate this, I had to say the same to wifes nephew's wife and young kids just 2 weeks ago. There is absolutely no f***en justice in this world sometimes!

Last edited:

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Perofuture still too shaky for me but Plummer HAS to be named, to put the heat on DMac at 1st 5.

AJ Lam has to be in with a bolters shout as utility back. He did more damage in the final from 2nd 5 than precious tenured Jordie has done as a 2nd 5 in his entire career.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
Perofuture still too shaky for me but Plummer HAS to be named, to put the heat on DMac at 1st 5.

AJ Lam has to be in with a bolters shout as utility back. He did more damage in the final from 2nd 5 than precious tenured Jordie has done as a 2nd 5 in his entire career.
Agreed. Also Sam Darry picked a good time to play his best ever game. I think with his frame he will be the 4th lock. Darry was sensational tonight.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Word on the street is Sotutu won't make it and Sititi will make it.
i-dont-believe-you-lies.gif

That is unfathomable.

Would be some total Flavour Of The Month bullshit.

While they're at it why dont they bring back Pita Gus Sowakula and pick him ahead of Sotutu too?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Akira and Sotutu flatten Finau and Jacobsen and Sititi in the final yet look to be on the outer of AB squad convos compared to the 4 Chiefs loosies including Sam Cane FFS

Praying Razor turns the page on Beauden and Flapanara too

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The Turn The Page Club:

David Havili
Perenara
Beauden Barrett
Quinn Tupeau
Cullen Grace
Sam Cane
Quinten Strange
Dallas McLeod

If even 3 of these players are named in the AB squad I will have a massive spew in my gruds

Last edited:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
The Turn The Page Club:

David Havili
Perenara
Beauden Barrett
Quinn Tupeau
Cullen Grace
Sam Cane
Quinten Strange
Dallas McLeod

If even 3 of these players are named in the AB squad I will have a massive spew in my gruds

Be sure to have a clean pair of gruds & more wet wipes than usual close at hand when the team comes out tomorrow...

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
The Turn The Page Club:

David Havili
Perenara
Beauden Barrett

Quinn Tupeau
Cullen Grace
Sam Cane
Quinten Strange
Dallas McLeod

Unfortunately I think the top 3 are almost certain to be picked.

The positive I will take is it is the first and smallest AB squad of the year - so there should be opportunities for others later in the year.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Ordinarily I'd expect six props to be picked but with Numia's injury I wonder if they'll just pick five (Lomax, Ofa, Newell, Williams & de Groot) & add him when fit for TRC.

Five props also opens a place for a sixth loosie so maybe Lakai & Jacobsen both get picked instead of just one of them? I'm assuming Blackadder & Finau will make it as of course will Ardie & Papali'i.

Sorry Taylor haters but he's the first hooker picked followed by Aumua then Samisoni if fit, if not then maybe RickyRic?

Locks ScoBar & PatT for sure, Vaai probably then either Darry or Strange.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Just out of interest, while I like what Plummer etc have done(certainly not Lam), but doubtful if any will make it on what they have done last couple of weeks without doing it most of year, I think we all get a bit excited over 2-3 good games, and why I can't see Sititi getting 8 spot, certainly not ahead of Sotutu anyway. I have seen after one or two reasonable games Funaki, Hotham etc all being suggeted as sureties at 9 ahead of Christie, and I would be incredibly surprised if that happened.
I listened to both MacDoanld and Ryan say similar in last few weeks, when basically have said it's all season and type of play the players are doing. When Ryan was asked about finals etc, he quoted Sam W who told him when he was forward coach at Crusaders and said to him that fianls rugby was good, but nowhere near test level. As they have indicated most of team has been known all season with propbably3-5 spots only being open.
Take that for what it is, but that is general I think with most coaches with leadership group and player meetings happening since Jan/Feb.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Ordinarily I'd expect six props to be picked but with Numia's injury I wonder if they'll just pick five (Lomax, Ofa, Newell, Williams & de Groot) & add him when fit for TRC.

Five props also opens a place for a sixth loosie so maybe Lakai & Jacobsen both get picked instead of just one of them? I'm assuming Blackadder & Finau will make it as of course will Ardie & Papali'i.

Sorry Taylor haters but he's the first hooker picked followed by Aumua then Samisoni if fit, if not then maybe RickyRic?

Locks ScoBar & PatT for sure, Vaai probably then either Darry or Strange.
Bang on WOB but I would suggest Vai'i is a certainty to make squad. But have wondered if they would look at only 5 props too as Williams and Ofa can both play both sides at a pinch, especially with a hame series so can call someone in fairly easily if needed. But Taylor is No1 rake surely.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
@Dismal Pillock ain't gunna like it but TJP will be the first 9 picked, Fin Christie the second & Ratima in the development spot.

DMac obviously the primary 10 & much as I'd like Plummer to be there I feel that conservatism will again prevail & it'll be Beaugan.

Midfield Ioane, JBar & AL-B. I'd love to see Proctor in there but, again, AB selections are notoriously conservative so it'll likely be Havili.

Outside backs have to include Reece & Tele’a, after that it's three of Clarke, Narawa, Love & Stevenson. Not sure who the unlucky one will be, may depend on how many fullback they think they need/ how many extra wings they're prepared to carry. Traditionally that's been one so maybe Narawa misses out?

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Outside backs have to include Reece & Tele’a, after that it's three of Clarke, Narawa, Love & Stevenson. Not sure who the unlucky one will be, may depend on how many fullback they think they need/ how many extra wings they're prepared to carry. Traditionally that's been one so maybe Narawa misses out?
maybe Stevenson has stuffed himself with too many flubs/shonky defense. surely AJ Lam ahead in the pecking order, plus he's a utility back