• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

New Zealand Rugby Team Watch

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Well summed up above.

Failures like Bridge and Frizell keep getting selected. Not surprised but it's still annoying.

What the hell is Christie doing there - it screams of just picking the 9 from the team that just won a comp. His decision making and speed of service are horrendous.

Tupaea, De Groot and Blackadder are good picks.

Ennor and Bower both lived charmed lives - do fuck all and make the ABs cos you play for the Crusaders.

I wonder about Christie, but lets face it he filling in untul TJ can be picked, and then after that Fakatava.
I not from Auckland, so I KNOW Frizell is a better 6 than Akira;), who let's face it might be there because Robinson maybe like Blackadder and plays the game so hard, he another who is a brain ijury waiting to happen every game.
Personally I don't mind Bridge, I still think there a place in the game who plays with skill and not just power, though I reckpn him and Jordan will be swapping on right wing anyway.

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
I not from Auckland, so I KNOW Frizell is a better 6 than Akira;), who let's face it might be there because Robinson maybe like Blackadder and plays the game so hard, he another who is a brain injury waiting to happen every game.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Akira was never going to be dropped after how well he played for the ABs last year. He literally showed more in 1 and a quarter tests than Frizell has in 3 seasons for ABs.

That's the thing with Frizell - he's had 12 test starts and as of yet has yet to translate his Super form to the test arena. At some point he has to deliver.

If Super Rugby form translated to test form then 1998 Mark Mayerhofler would be an AB legend and Ma'a Nonu wouldn't crack the ABs most years.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
A stab at order of importance, in terms of lack of other good enough options.....

1 Aaron Smith
2 Brodie Retallick
3 Samuel Whitelock
4 Richie Mo’unga
5 Anton Lienert-Brown
6 Dalton Papalii
7 Hoskins Sotutu
8 Rieko Ioane

.....from there, the rest taper off into whatevs, just get some other live body in there territory.....

KiwiM

Nev Cottrell (35)
This bloke has mastered the notion of not being able to be dropped whilst injured.

UPDATE: Ennor is to miss the Steinlager Series after suffering an appendicitis. Ennor has had the surgery and will be out of rugby for around five weeks. No replacement has been called into the squad at this stage.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
LOLL@FFSFifita, The All Black Who Speed-Dialled All Black Coach Steve Hansen And Said He Didnt Want To Work Too Hard.

Big dopey manbaby.

What a surprise he then plummeted out of favour, couldnt even get a spot on the Canes bench, overlooked for never-will-be-All Black players like Prinsep, Scrafton and Blackwell. BYE BYE NOW, BONGOBRAIN. The All-Airport XV Selectors salute you!

http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/threads/the-all-airport-xv.18789/page-4#post-1144016

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Let's face it, NZR aren't going to fire Fozzie mid-term

Not so sure.

In light of this Silver Lake wank, the NZRFU bigwigs will be petrified at "tarnishing the brand" before they SELL IT DOWN THE RIVER so I could see them acting swiftly if Fozzie's Fifty Percenters lose a few big tests this year then roger up the EOYT.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Razor has re-signed through to 2024!

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/s...rtson-recommits-to-the-crusaders-through-2024

Let's face it, NZR aren't going to fire Fozzie mid-term 'cos they'd then have to answer the inevitable question, "why'd ya hire him in the first place, then?" & it does mean we need to endure another unsuccessful RWC but the sun, moon & planets are ever so slowly starting to align...

I actually think the stars are lining up, after WC, Razor gets team with Brownie running the backs.

Just need JJ to do forwards and then we got my dream coaching team.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Not so sure.

In light of this Silver Lake wank, the NZRFU bigwigs will be petrified at "tarnishing the brand" before they SELL IT DOWN THE RIVER so I could see them acting swiftly if Fozzie's Fifty Percenters lose a few big tests this year then roger up the EOYT.

The most valuble sports brand apparently is some NFL team that haven't won a comp in 20 years. The brand is what Sliver lake are wanting to buy, the people who are buying all the jerseys etc around world won't probably know if they lose a few tests in next few years.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Fuck man does anyone even remember who Emmitt Smith is anymore?

:DI have never known who Emmitt Smith is anyway. I watch rugby, who did he play for? If he didn't play rugby, I probably wouldn't know of him anyway. hell I couldn't even tell you off the top of my head more than 1 or 2 of NZ league or soccer teams. But I don't think I am the fella that these companies are aiming at.o_O

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
vs Fiji test 1.

George Bower: poor bugger seemed like he had no idea what was going on

Patrick Tuipulotu: it's over. it's done. Just can't afford any more of this tentative shit in black from Ponderous Pat.

Brodie Retallick: also ponderous for the first hour and then seemed to start to remember he was Brodie Retallick

Shannon Frizell: Laughing stock. AB's failed to protect their own ruck ball again and again. Thats your fucking job, Crossword Boy. SURELY even Company Man Fozzie can see there's at least 4 better options than this big baby now

Ethan Blackadder: this loosie combo was clueless. maybe more a 6 than a 7.

Hoskins Sotutu: seemed a bit discombobulated

Beauden Barrett: Richie Mounga clearly ahead now

George Bridge: You have to be fuckign shitting me. Just give your jersey to Will Jordan and please go away forever. Jonah used to wear that thing, you embarrassing zero-trick charlatan.

Jordie Barrett: drives me NUTS with his insanely casual approach to retaining possession of the rugby football for his goddamn team.

Samuel Whitelock: on a different PLANET to Paper Tiger Pat

zer0

John Thornett (49)
Jersey sponsorship update.

Amazon are talking to New Zealand Rugby about becoming the All Blacks' front of jersey sponsor from 2022 - a deal worth in excess of $20 million a year.

The Herald understands that discussions with the tech giant have been ongoing for months, with the world's richest company eager to strike a meaningful alliance with the All Blacks. It's not known if Amazon has preferred bidder status, but well-placed sources have said they believe the US conglomerate has made a strong bid to take over as lead sponsor from AIG. It is understood there are also other options on the table.

New Zealand Rugby is also believed to be close to confirming that Ineos will sponsor the back of the All Blacks shorts from next year – with the combined value of those deals sitting upwards of $30m, making the famous playing kit the most lucrative in world rugby. The existing deal with US insurance group AIG expires at the end of this year and is thought to be worth about $12m a year to NZR. Should the deal with Amazon - which is filming several major TV and film productions in New Zealand - go ahead, it is believed it will be the biggest jersey sponsorship in rugby history, worth about 50 per cent more than England's recently renewed agreement with telecommunications company O2.

However, while Amazon is one of the most recognisable names in the corporate world, having become the richest company in history initially as an online seller of books before diversifying into other technological services, streaming and film and TV production, it won't be the name that appears in the centre of the All Blacks jersey if they do strike a deal. The Herald understands that Amazon will most likely use the jersey to promote its The Climate Pledge initiative.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/ex...lacks-sponsorship/U7VM4NWRJN32XTNRLAGJZTTTII/

More than doubling the sponsorship value isn't half bad. Here's hoping none goes to the greedy dickheads at the NZRPA.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
$20 million a year.
LOL, Bezos makes that much money during his morning fucken dump
it won't be the name that appears in the centre of the All Blacks jersey if they do strike a deal. The Herald understands that Amazon will most likely use the jersey to promote its The Climate Pledge initiative.

Be fun if the billionaires got into a pissing contest to see who could put the stupidest shit on the front of the jersey.....

Bezos: "I will pay you 50 mill if I can have "Tesla Sux Ballz' on the front".
Melinda Gates: "I will pay 60 mill if I can have "I Divorced Bill Gates And All I Got Was This Stupid Rugby Jersey"

Teh Other Dave

Alan Cameron (40)
LOL, Bezos makes that much money during his morning fucken dump

Be fun if the billionaires got into a pissing contest to see who could put the stupidest shit on the front of the jersey...

Bezos: "I will pay you 50 mill if I can have "Tesla Sux Ballz' on the front".
Melinda Gates: "I will pay 60 mill if I can have "I Divorced Bill Gates And All I Got Was This Stupid Rugby Jersey"

In order to add a lame joke to this, I Googled the artist formerly known as Mackenzie Bezos because I couldn't remember her surname. Anyway, I reckon she should just put a screengrab of the search result on the front of the guernsey:

SmartSelect_20210711-234327_Firefox.jpg