• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Mark Gasnier announces his retirement from mungoland. To come to Rugby?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Played mainly right wing at Stade though didn't he? And he couldn't command a regular place either. Still, Link said numerous times on a podcast that Gasnier certainly had skills, and had the right attitude.

If they Reds gave signed Gasnier, it certainly should benefit them in Brisbane with additional crowd and media interest.

T

TOCC

I honestly doubt that Gasnier would attract any more in crowds or interest then what the Reds are already commanding..
He isn't s superstar like Sailor or Tuqiri were, he isn't hasn't recaptured he pre-France form, the league convert charade has already been done. The fans don't care about it anymore, it would be lucky to get 1 page at most in the courier mail.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
I can’t think of a single reason why Gas would go back to rugby now. He is already walking away from a big league contract that would probably be on par with the best he would achieve in Aus rugby (unless he because a real superstar). Plus rugby involves a lot more travel, unless he doesn’t make it to the super rugby level.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
the reds dont need him for any reason
tahs or force or brumbies maybe
but i dont wanna see any more league converts unless they are young and havnt been corrupted or right at the top.

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
It saddens me that people always look to league players to fill gaps or develop interest in the code.

We'd be better off filling our own gaps and making the code interesting.

The only league players I am interested in are the ones like Saffy; low profile ones, not superstars, who have a (seeming) genuine interest in learning and playing the game. Not just a quick paycheck.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
It saddens me that people always look to league players to fill gaps or develop interest in the code.

The only league players I am interested in are the ones like Saffy; low profile ones, not superstars, who have a (seeming) genuine interest in learning and playing the game. Not just a quick paycheck.

But you are not the wider general public. The point of converting leaguies is not to please the Union faithful, its to win over the casual sports fan. It works more often than not, in the short term anyway.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)

I thought Saffy came from Rugby stocks originally anyhow.

wobbly

Fred Wood (13)
Surely we don't need aging mungo backs at the moment (nor did we ever).

Tahs recruiters need to adhere to the no dickheads rule.

B

Burke's Boot

He's giving up a lot of money to pull out of that contract with three years left and like many a Mungo, has hardly got great job prospects outside of the media. What money he will turn up for a Top 14 club for the 2012-13 season?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
the reds dont need him for any reason
tahs or force or brumbies maybe
but i dont wanna see any more league converts unless they are young and havnt been corrupted or right at the top.

The Brumbies don't need another centre...

Status
Not open for further replies.