• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Lions Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
SOB and BOD are the only injuries concerns at the moment, although Joe Schmidt did admit that if it wasn't a Lions year SOB would have played against Glasgow. Withdrawing O'Driscoll was a precaution and he should be fit for Fridays game against Stade Francais.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
SOB and BOD are the only injuries concerns at the moment, although Joe Schmidt did admit that if it wasn't a Lions year SOB would have played against Glasgow. Withdrawing O'Driscoll was a precaution and he should be fit for Fridays game against Stade Francais.
So players are being rested at the business end of the season for their province so they will be fit for the f"cking Lions!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
So players are being rested at the business end of the season for their province so they will be fit for the f"cking Lions!!!!!! RIDICULOUS!!!!!

I'd have been pissed off if Leinster had lost, would be disappointed in SOB if he had elected not to play but I'd say it was Schmidt's call to rest him. You'd think the national coach would be selfish and want his players to rest up though!

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Thought Leinster were very lucky to get over the line against Glasgow, Grant made an absolute nonsense of his Lions omission and that was before the evisceration Vunipola endured (yet again) on sunday. Leinster looked like a team trying not to lose while doing just enough; with the finals coming up and so many Lions representatives the players looked like they were holding a bit back. I am extremely worried about the affect this Lions tour is going to have on Healy, SOB, Heaslip and Murray in particular. They have played a lot of rugby this year although at least Murray will be having a bit of a break now. Sexton is going to be relentlessly targeted as well because Farrell is fecking terrible. I hope BOD packs it in at the end of the Lions, the spirit is willing but increasingly the flesh is looking very frail. Kearney has only played half this season and will not see much top game time IMHO as Halfpenny is a shoo in at the back. Bowe played very well on friday night but the Scarlets and especially the Scarlets Lions were a disgrace to themselves, it was a pathetic display!!!! As for Paulie, I have a horrible feeling deep in my stomach that he will not play again after this tour, I hope I am wrong.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Rowntrees championing of Vunipola and Stevens looks more and more ridiculous every day, as does the decision to have Owen Farrell as the back up 10. Jonny Sexton is going to be copping a lot from the Aussie packs, if he goes down its 3 nil Wallabies in the test series.

Leinster have struggled every year in the Pro 12 semi finals under Schmidt, having a European final the next week probably doesn't help their mentality either. Grant was impressive again and will probably end up down under anyways.

Tom Croft was at his show ponying best on Saturday. Scored a great try from 50m but the more telling stat should be he attempted 3 tackles and completed 1. He won't get that kind of space out wide against Australia and is a complete luxury in the touring squad. The Lions are in trouble if he gets anywhere near the test side.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
While Tom Wood was as physical as ever in the tough stuff in Northampton's win over Saracens. They picked the wrong Tom.

Hartley was very good as well.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
Not sure where Gagger gets his belief that this Lions team will play like the Wales/Lions team four years ago. No, they will play like the Welsh team of this year which is very different to how Wales played 4 years ago. Now, as before, the will play with simplified attacking structures predicated on getting over the gain line in midfield. Defense wise, they will be very different and utilize the Saracens/England defensive systems which attacks the ball on the ground but commits very few players to the defensive breakdown.

O'Driscoll is a good defender but age has robbed him of pace and he can be beaten for pace. He now can't recover if his positioning is not perfect. Inside him, Sexton and Robers will give nothing. The Wallabies will run at O'Driscoll.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Hartley was very good as well.

Hartley is always decent when his team are on top and everything is going well. Even gets a chirp at the opposition in now and again. Its when his team need their captain to stand and be counted he is no where to be seen, he's a flat track bully if there ever was one.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Hartley is always decent when his team are on top and everything is going well. Even gets a chirp at the opposition in now and again. Its when his team need their captain to stand and be counted he is no where to be seen, he's a flat track bully if there ever was one.
And if things aren't going well he tends to start elbowing and eye gouging as well. Filthy player.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Looks like Wilkinson is on his way into the squad, fantastic news so far as I am concerned. Sure he can kick his goals but he is slower than my granny. The pressure on Sexton will now intensify because neither of the back ups are close to viable options at this level (has everyone forgotten the shite Wilkinson orchestrated at the last RWC?).

I am a huge fan of Wilkinson as a human being, he is an absolute gentleman, but he is not Lions standard anymore. The thing that makes it even funnier is that the English press will be like a dingo with a bone saying he has to start etc, thereby undermining morale in the process. Anyway, I am pleased he has been called up, just what the Lions need!!??!!

FingalRaven

Frank Nicholson (4)
Wilko talk in the media starting to build up as predicted by Plastic Paddy. The British media is in a frenzy after his latest comments.

The possibility of Jonny Wilkinson joining next month's British and Irish Lions tour of Australia is still alive after the fly-half indicated he would "happily" fly out as a replacement if required.

The must be bored of trying to stir the English-Welsh player divide.

Seems to be some confusion on SOB injury.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...fail-to-agree-on-obrien-fitness-29282034.html

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Wilko talk in the media starting to build up as predicted by Plastic Paddy. The British media is in a frenzy after his latest comments.

The must be bored of trying to stir the English-Welsh player divide.

Seems to be some confusion on SOB injury.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...fail-to-agree-on-obrien-fitness-29282034.html
F*cking ridiculous situation, it is none of Fatland's business. And people wonder why I want to see the Lions finish, unbelievable.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
It was nice of Gatland to appoint himself the Leinster team doctor and media spokesman. Joe Schmidt won't be a happy man!

The Lions are gone if Sexton goes down. They can't beat the Wallabies in multiples of 3 and won't get no where near the forward dominance they are expecting. Don't be surprised to see Sexton targeted at every opportunity in the tour games.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Sita's upright running style has been a two-year long masquerade aimed towards making Sexton think he's just coming in for the hug. Robbie's master plan is all coming together now..

I can't believe any of these POMs are so one-eyed that after that Heineken Cup final they still think that Wilko can pull off another Lions tour. He's literally a kicking machine and a two step (if that) distributor now.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
The Lions already have a robotic kicking leg in Owen Farrell they don't need another one. If they need another 10 I'd call up Madigan or Hook.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
I think we both know Mads will never happen, as great as it would be. I'm very excited to watch him play stateside, too bad the test is in fucking Texas. In related news so so so happy we are keeping Kiss in the coaches box :D

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Not too happy Kiss is being kept on, not because he isn't a defensive good coach but because Ireland are continuing their culture of rewarding failure. Apparently Mad Dog and Jackson will start one game each, having watched Jackson closely the past few weeks its clear that he has really gone into his shell. Gone is the player of earlier in the season, Pienner is barely giving him the ball, and when he does he is just shovelling it along the line. His Ireland experience really has destroyed his confidence which is a pity.

Status
Not open for further replies.