• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Japan Beats Wales

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Japan is tits. Don't be concerned about the language barrier either. A large percentage of the population have a rudimentary grasp of the English language (like most Asian countries).

I guess I'd just like to have some idea of the language - out of respect. I'd be able to watch my Anime without subtitles too, that would be handy. I actually can recall that back in high school we had a an entire English class from a Japanese schoolgirls school come down here & their English was actually more eloquent than ours. I reckon compared to them my class mates & I sounded like a Beavis & Butthead episode on a continuous loop.

Japan beats Wales....I guess Greenpeace will be bringing out the Sea Shepherd again....

I must have not had enough coffee today it took a couple of reads to get this - damn, not real sharp today at all :oops:

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I actually can recall that back in high school we had a an entire English class from a Japanese schoolgirls school come down here & their English was actually more eloquent than ours. :oops:

It is deeply and outrageously wrong for someone to have organised an entire class of Japanese Schoolgirls to visit your class, and they did not organise for them to visit mine...

(at the time)....

p.s.... the whole concept of a Brazilian Japanese sounds like it would combine just about all of my favourite things in Life...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
wales is a team i want to like, they play positive rugby in a hemisphere that generally doesnt. but every single time they've played us in the last decade they always talk about how beatable we are- how we are the easiest of the southern hemisphere teams. how they should have won every time they lose.
all cause they won a game when we had norton knight at 10 (can never forgive u for that knuckles- especially when they could have played barnes) and another within a few years and drew with us around the same time.
i hate wales- i hate how cocky they get around us. they seem to conveniently ignore the last 20 yrs of results
a result against japan like this brings a smile to my face

This sounds alot like my own attitude towards Sri Lanka in the Cricket - ever since that fat little shite Ranatunga was waddling about, years ago...

I was really enjoying the japanese win - until someone here reminded me who is the Japan Coach... damn! now this result is stained forever....

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I guess I'd just like to have some idea of the language - out of respect. I'd be able to watch my Anime without subtitles too, that would be handy. I actually can recall that back in high school we had a an entire English class from a Japanese schoolgirls school come down here & their English was actually more eloquent than ours. I reckon compared to them my class mates & I sounded like a Beavis & Butthead episode on a continuous loop.

You'll really love it over here if you do manage to make a visit. It's not too difficult to pick up the odd phrase to make sure you have the niceties covered. Japanese love to practice their English too, so more complex communication won't be that difficult. Most signs are in Kanji, Romanji/English & Kana so it's pretty hard to get lost.

Also if you're a foodie like me, this place is heaven. Literally 1,000s of top quality restaurants and so many different styles from around the country, not to mention from across Asia and from all over the world.

Transportation is fantastic and I would say to anyone who's ever been interested in visiting that you'll have a fantastic time.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Not an intelligent comment really Shiggins, not an awful lot of Wallabies look or sound Australian if you think everyone has to be the same!!
Just a joke mate. Calm down. Jesus. And it's a bit different. Japan is not as multi cultural as Australia. Most of Japan has Japanese looking people in it. And most of the Non Japanese players were not born in Japan.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
After the smahing of the 6 Nations Champions Wales. Japan have gone on to Canada and gave them a beating on their own home ground 16 - 13.

Ps before anyone quote me (think mostly Welsh supporters) remember the following.

They don’t draw pictures in the record books, they just write down the score.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bardon, I'm totally a foodie but I eat fish meals maybe x2/year max, that might have to change if going to Japan I hear they like their fish up there - a lot. How good is Japan going to be as a host for the RWC down the track? (I imagine from positives I'm hearing about the country that it will be pretty awesome).

In mean time well done again Japan taking out Canada as well while they are at it.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Bardon, I'm totally a foodie but I eat fish meals maybe x2/year max, that might have to change if going to Japan I hear they like their fish up there - a lot. How good is Japan going to be as a host for the RWC down the track? (I imagine from positives I'm hearing about the country that it will be pretty awesome).

In mean time well done again Japan taking out Canada as well while they are at it.

They do love their seafood, it's the largest section in any supermarket and there are plenty of seafood restaurants. But if you're not too fond of it that's not a problem. There are plenty of different restaurants that specialize in other foods such as noodles, chicken, pork etc. I read somewhere that there are more michelin star restaurants in Tokyo than there are in New York, London and Paris combined. That's also true for reasonably priced places that produce quality food.

You could eat out at a different style of restaurant for every night of the RWC and not see a piece of seafood if that's what you wanted. Some of the styles I would recommend to try are Okonmiyaki, Shabu and Yakiniku. Yakiniku has been a special favourite of any guests I've had over visiting me. It's basically an indoor BBQ pit in the middle of your table. You order different types of meat and other stuff to cook on the BBQ. With a few beers and some saki it really hits the spot.

With regard to Japan hosting the RWC, I think they'll do a brilliant job. They don't do things by half over here. Once they are committed they give it their all and it's a mater of pride to get things done right. That can either be by being technologically brilliant or just using tonnes of extra staff. Most places over here look as over-staffed as the average Apple store. But the level of service is excellent.

But don't try to tip them for it. I made that mistake the first time I visited and they chased me out of the restaurant to give it back.

One thing I hope they do have though is assigned seating at all the games. When the Japanese want to see something they turn up very early to wait.

The Wales game only had one small section of assigned seating so we had to turn up 2 hrs before to get a half decent seat and even then the stadium was about 60-70% full. For stuff they are really into they turn up even earlier.

I think as the tournament gets even close Rugby will become more and more popular over here, especially if they don't win the Olympics bid. Then they'll want to do even better with the RWC to show it was a mistake to overlook them.

Generally visitors will get a warm welcome and the people are very polite and helpful if you ask them. I am really looking forward to it. The last RWC I was at was France 2007 and that was a disaster from an organisational point of view. I expect Japan to do a much better job.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thanks for the info Bardon I do like the sound of Yakiniku - a BBQ will win any Aussie over. Going over in 2019 or sooner is something I'm really going to have to look into. I definitely would stuff up with the tipping I usually tip if I feel I've been given really good service. Allocated seating is something they will have to look into I reckon for RWC.

Nice post Kaz I enjoyed the clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.