• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Jaguares vs Chiefs - Round 4, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fernando Fraga Genlot

Frank Row (1)
Good match, Chiefs played better. I don't know if you'll agree with me, but I think Jaguares dominated the scrum. Finally, we got a match with out yellow card!!!!!
I want the disciplinary board to review the Cane (N°7) hit against Tetaz Chaparro. Now it's confirmed he has a head trauma. TV showed that moment several times on the stadium screen and we considered it was out of fair play. Just the only thing to say about the referee, the rest of his work was excellent.
A view from the stadium, the public is still shy.. getting to know the teamView attachment 7572

Next time, perhaps, we have better luck!

20160319_192831.jpg

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
I want the disciplinary board to review the Cane (N°7) hit against Tetaz Chaparro. Now it's confirmed he has a head trauma. TV showed that moment several times on the stadium screen and we considered it was out of fair play.

Can't say I noticed anything untoward there KIDDING, the 30,000 replays have virtually booked Cane a date with the judiciary

ps, Inaki, GAGR will paypal you $20 if you **REMOVE** that "Crusaders" icon from your profile.

THANKS.

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
18k, not all the stadium capacity is available for this game. I'm not sure why, maybe the UAR didn't have much faith in the crowd. All the tickets available has been sold.

I'm not sure if the 18k include the memberships. The stands behind the posts aren't available

You're right MHCS. The UAR didn't expect a big crowd, but the more expensive membership was sold out in 36 hours (two months ago when they were available). All memberships were finally acquired, but not all tickets for this match were bought.
I heard that Amalfitani is a provisory stadium. They want a permanent sede (you should know that this is a football stadium). Another thing, Iron Maiden played 4 days ago in that stadium, that's the reason why the grass was ruined (I guess the football club preffered to wait till this match to ruined it totally and put a new one).

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
Can't say I noticed anything untoward there KIDDING, the 30,000 replays have virtually booked Cane a date with the judiciary

ps, Inaki, GAGR will paypal you $20 if you **REMOVE** that "Crusaders" icon from your profile.

THANKS.

It happens I put the Crusaders icon like 2 years ago when we didn't have a team, and of course Jaguares still don't appear in GAGR. If you're happy, I'm deleting it. Regards,

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Hopefully Cane goes for the maximum. Cheap thug shot in the great tradition of Loe and Meads. High to the head from the side resulting in a player being knocked unconscious and undoubtedly concussed.

And ban the goose of a NZ commentator who kept going on about how it wasn't "on purpose" the goose charged in from the side and connected with the head. I am sure the usual judicial waste of oxygen will come up with a one or two week suspension instead of the 6 minimum it deserves.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I guessing a couple of weeks for being careless, unless they decide he knew that the player was going to fall like that. I really didn't see it as on purpose much as Gnostic (who is always a fair and unbiased poster re NZ players) says, but do agree I don't have problem with a player having to take care of falling players etc. Pretty relaxed whichever way it goes.
Was certainly a great game of rugby, and think the Argo rugby union would of been pretty happy with it as a promo for the sport.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
@Dan54 the entry was from the side of the ruck, so illegal from the start. The contact was shoulder to the head of the player, illegal resulting in significant injury.

As with tackling the player in the air it is the outcome that matters. The intent to infringe is clear from the side entry to start. Regardless of your view, I am actually unbiased, and fair, just unforgiving and you'll find pretty consistent even with teams I am invested in.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)

Well, now I know what punishment to impose should you accept & lose the return avatar/ signature bet on May 28: DP fly the CruSadists colours for the remainder of the Super Rugby season.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
@Dan54 the entry was from the side of the ruck, so illegal from the start. The contact was shoulder to the head of the player, illegal resulting in significant injury.

As with tackling the player in the air it is the outcome that matters. The intent to infringe is clear from the side entry to start. Regardless of your view, I am actually unbiased, and fair, just unforgiving and you'll find pretty consistent even with teams I am invested in.

It's really hard to keep tabs on new law interpretations - whether they are intended to be introduced to Super Rugby or to one of the lesser competitions like NRC or Mitre 10 comp etc.

With that in mind, I recollect that the law about entering the ruck was to be changed, so that side entry was ok so long as the arriving player commenced behind the last feet, ie in an onside position. Was that intended for Super Rugby or some other competition?

If Super Rugby, and if Cane came from an onside position (I haven't seen the incident) then a lot of your argument goes out the window (ie about intent etc). However, shoulder contact with the other player's head should be enough for a considerable holiday.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Well, now I know what punishment to impose should you accept & lose the return avatar/ signature bet on May 28: DP fly the CruSadists colours for the remainder of the Super Rugby season.

"The remainder of the season"? Jesus no way I'm taking that bet

ps now i feel bad for misleading poor Inaki. if yer still there buddy, i was just kidding. You can fly the Western Force decal for all I care. Cyclopath will reimburse you for the $20 after you PM him gah I just can't help myslef

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
"The remainder of the season"? Jesus no way I'm taking that bet

ps now i feel bad for misleading poor Inaki. if yer still there buddy, i was just kidding. You can fly the Western Force decal for all I care. Cyclopath will reimburse you for the $20 after you PM him gah I just can't help myslef

hahaha thanks again, man but I explained you it remained there for a long time, you're were right.. now I have a Super Rugby team to be identified. After all, it's the best team of the American continent. And I've never liked WForce and you can keep the twenty bucks hahaha:p regards

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
And I've never liked WForce
Site Admin, can we please get this sentence entered into the GAGR FAQ lexicology?

Something fishy about them alright. I still half suspect they're not an actual rugby organisation at all and "Western Force" is just a power company in Perth that dispatches unemployed miners around the country to pretend to play rugby.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Site Admin, can we please get this sentence entered into the GAGR FAQ lexicology?

Something fishy about them alright. I still half suspect they're not an actual rugby organisation at all and "Western Force" is just a power company in Perth that dispatches unemployed miners around the country to pretend to play rugby.

From site Admin: Computer said no <end>

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
As I said I thought he would get a couple of weeks WOB, but he was booked for illegal tackle?? I thought there must be some other charge, like careless coming into contact or something, because I didn't think he was tackling anyone. I don't know , perhaps I need a law degree to work it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.