• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Jaguares vs Chiefs - Round 4, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

That will hurt the chiefs, Kerr-Barlow in the bin for basically first 10 minutes of the 2nd half. Resulting penalty takes Jaguares to the lead, 14-13.

..and thats oranges.

G

galumay

End of the 1st half

MHCS, you may want to remove that large image from your sig, it makes the thread hard to read when you are posting frequently because it just fills the page up with the repeated image!

A lot of forums dont allow images in signatures for just that reason.

ps enjoying your comments tho'!

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
MHCS, you may want to remove that large image from your sig, it makes the thread hard to read when you are posting frequently because it just fills the page up with the repeated image!

Ok, mate but I have not idea how to change it from my mobile. I must turn on my computer to change it haha

G

galumay

Disaster for the Chiefs here, their lock Bardoui off with what looks like a broken wrist

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)

What about now?

G

galumay

What about now?

Much easier to read!

Well I think the Jaguares have discovered the problem with playing 7's style rugby in Super Rugby - you cant play that way for more than about 14 minutes!! They are really starting to tire now.

New front row for the Chiefs turns the scrum around and the chiefs win a penalty, whuddathunk?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Much easier to read!

Well I think the Jaguares have discovered the problem with playing 7's style rugby in Super Rugby - you cant play that way for more than about 14 minutes!! They are really starting to tire now.

New front row for the Chiefs turns the scrum around and the chiefs win a penalty, whuddathunk?
Yeah, but almost all NZ and OZ franchises play 7s style, is the main feature of the tournament

G

galumay

Until the Jaguares bring some discretion to their "keep the ball alive at any cost" approach they will be very vunerable to the turnover ball and as in this game it will cost them a lot of points.

Secondly with their fitness obviously less than the standard in Super Rugby sides will know that as long as they dont get too far behind on the scoreboard they should be able to run the Jaguares down in the second half.

They are not yet quite up to the standard of the top half of the Super Rugby draw, but they have the potential and can only get better with more experience playing together.

I also wonder how much of a part the pressure of the home game and expectations of the whole country played.

G

galumay

Yeah, but almost all NZ and OZ franchises play 7s style, is the main feature of the tournament

I cant agree with that, the difference is obvious to me. You simply cant play 7's style in Super Rugby, the structure and skillset is very different playing 15 a side and playing for 80 minutes.

G

galumay

Brave effort by the Jaguares, I got one thing right - that was the game of the round. Fantastic showcase of Super Rugby.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Great game but as soon as it started and the Jags started biffing it from everywhere I thought that's Chiefs style all the way, playing right into their hands

Cruden the absolute clutch performer in the crucible. MOTMMVP

Jags though, wow. Look to be the only non-NZ side I would go out of my way to watch. They give it death. Sun morns at sparrows fart I'll be there.

Hopefully TV can incorporate more moat shots next time though.

And maybe even work in some sunglassed junta police types restraining leashed alsatians by the sidelines.

Iñaki Zubizarreta

Herbert Moran (7)
Good match, Chiefs played better. I don't know if you'll agree with me, but I think Jaguares dominated the scrum. Finally, we got a match with out yellow card!!!!!
I want the disciplinary board to review the Cane (N°7) hit against Tetaz Chaparro. Now it's confirmed he has a head trauma. TV showed that moment several times on the stadium screen and we considered it was out of fair play. Just the only thing to say about the referee, the rest of his work was excellent.
A view from the stadium, the public is still shy.. getting to know the team
IMG-20160319-WA0004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.