• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Dinner with Jay-Z

Frank Row (1)
Based off Auggies already sharing there 1stXV prediction for next year, I would like to share what I believe the Oakhill 2025 side will look like:

1. James Kenna
2. Ryan Kelleway/ Ben Visagie
3. Heath Stafford/ Ryan Kelleway
4. Tobias Comito
5. Gary Roberts/ Heath Stafford
6. Lukas Butler
7. Ben Visagie/Josh Wakefield
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farell
10. Callum Spooner
11. Joesph Wesser
12. Eddy Cayless
13. Cyrus Bloomfield
14. Max Gioiello
15. Darcy Feltham

SC out
I believe Xavier Tuivati or Patrick Withford would be starting on the wing over Joseph Wesser, just based off their physical size and performances in 16As.

Rugbybrickz

Frank Row (1)
Based off Auggies already sharing there 1stXV prediction for next year, I would like to share what I believe the Oakhill 2025 side will look like:

1. James Kenna
2. Ryan Kelleway/ Ben Visagie
3. Heath Stafford/ Ryan Kelleway
4. Tobias Comito
5. Gary Roberts/ Heath Stafford
6. Lukas Butler
7. Ben Visagie/Josh Wakefield
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farell
10. Callum Spooner
11. Joesph Wesser
12. Eddy Cayless
13. Cyrus Bloomfield
14. Max Gioiello
15. Darcy Feltham

SC out
There are some questionable names amongst this list. Ben visage had a great season in both 1st XV and 16A’s. However is inexperienced in the hooker role only playing minimal minutes from watching the Oakhill U16’s. I believe he would better suit his flanker role, the starting 16A’s Antonio Wadih should be in the mix. Also I believe the winger role, both wingers aren’t experienced as Joseph Wesser plays centre and Max Gioiello is returning from injury. James Fitzhenry from the U16A’s was the leading try scorer and is the ideal winger for the role.

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Possible 2025 Oakhill 1st XV

1. Ryan Kelleway (2nd XV) / James Kenna (2nd XV)
2. James Kenna (2nd XV) / Ben Visagie? (16A,1st XV) / Ryan Kelleway (2nd XV)
3. Heath Stafford (2nd XV)/Heath Natera (16A)
4. Gary Roberts (2nd XV)
5. Tobias Comito (16A)
6. Lukas Butler (1st XV)
7. Ben Visagie (16A,1st XV)/ Josh Wakefield (2nd XV)
8. Sam Polley (1st XV)
9. Flynn Farrell (1st XV)
10. Callum Spooner (16A)
11. Pat Whitford (16A)
12. Eddy Cayless (2nd XV)
13. Cyrus Bloomfield (1st XV)
14. James Fitzhenry (16A)/Joseph Wesser (16A) /Max Gioiello (1st XV, inj.)
15. Darcy Feltham (1st XV)
  • Five key players from last year's First XV will return: Butler, Polley, Farrell, Bloomfield, and Feltham.
  • However, the Tight 5 is expected to be relatively inexperienced at the First XV level.
  • The inclusion of several talented players from the 16A's is anticipated to bring an exciting X-factor, making Oakhill a strong team for the next two years.
  • Many players from the 2nd XV will be eyeing for a place in the Firsts, as it's worth noting that Butler will be the only forward returning

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)

4. Gary Roberts (2nd XV)
5. Tobias Comito (16A)
6. Lukas Butler (1st XV)
8. Sam Polley (1st XV)
10. Callum Spooner (16A)
11. Pat Whitford (16A)
  • Five key players from last year's First XV will return: Butler, Polley, Farrell, Bloomfield, and Feltham.
  • However, the Tight 5 is expected to be relatively inexperienced at the First XV level.
  • The inclusion of several talented players from the 16A's is anticipated to bring an exciting X-factor, making Oakhill a strong team for the next two years.
  • Many players from the 2nd XV will be eyeing for a place in the Firsts, as it's worth noting that Butler will be the only forward returning
I feel as though Oakhill are going to be the favourites next year. Looking at the backline, they’ve got some serious experience and talent in there. Although I do agree on the 1st XV inexperience in the tight 5 however I don’t believe it will be to much of a problem.

Rugbybrickz

Frank Row (1)
I feel as though Oakhill are going to be the favourites next year. Looking at the backline, they’ve got some serious experience and talent in there. Although I do agree on the 1st XV inexperience in the tight 5 however I don’t believe it will be to much of a problem.
Although their is inexperience in the tight 5 with game time in 1st XV. Second Row Gary Robert’s recently made NSW gen blue proving he is ready to make that step into 1st. He is also one of the tallest in the ISA competition making it a must when it comes to line out lifting. Gary will add an element to the 1st XV that you can’t coach

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Although their is inexperience in the tight 5 with game time in 1st XV. Second Row Gary Robert’s recently made NSW gen blue proving he is ready to make that step into 1st. He is also one of the tallest in the ISA competition making it a must when it comes to line out lifting. Gary will add an element to the 1st XV that you can’t coach
Yes can agree firmly on that, he will likely to be leading the lineout especially with a year already in opens under his belt.

The big X

Stan Wickham (3)

4. Gary Roberts (2nd XV)
5. Tobias Comito (16A)
6. Lukas Butler (1st XV)
8. Sam Polley (1st XV)
10. Callum Spooner (16A)
11. Pat Whitford (16A)
Oakhill will be scary once the 2026 season starts

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
I don’t agree. Most of their stars who are under 16s this year and are playing up will have already graduated in 2026 as they are in the year above. From what I know the current 15s age group at Oakhill is not that good losing to Auggies 15As by a considerable amount.

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
I agree with 92. Oakhill’s current 15’s age group has to be the weakest in a long time. The A’s have lost more than they’ve won this season.

Lost to Kinross, lost to Pats and a big loss to Auggies as well as almost losing to Pius, escaping with a last minute try. Could be a massive warning sign of what’s to come…

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Evening,

Curious to see how pius will shape up next year. Have their 16's shown enough to be contenders in 2025?

Cheers

JIJ
To put it simple no. From what I’ve heard and seen they’ve definitely not had a successful season although they do have 1 player James patchett playing in the 1st XV so his experience will help next year.

Dinner with Jay-Z

Frank Row (1)
Here's my crack at Oakhill 1sts and 2nds Teams for 2025:
(Please let me know if I have missed anyone)

1sts2nds
1James KennaHeath Natera
2Ryan KellewaySam Kable
3Heath StaffordLiam Boys
4Tobias ComitoLachlan Paxton
5Gary RobertsArchie Smith
6Lukas ButlerJoshua Wakefield/Nate Barone
7Ben VisagieBowen Cleary
8Sam PolleyRiley Crowe
9Flynn FarrellLogan Bubb
10Callum SpoonerCooper Fradd/Bowen Cleary???
11Xavier TuivatiJames Fitzhenry/Joseph Wesser
12Eddy CaylessEthan Jenkins
13Cyrus BloomfieldMaximus Van Leeuween
14Max GioielloLachlan Abdallah
15Darcy FelthamPatrick Withford/Cooper Fradd

Constructing the 2nds team was a lot more challenging for me, this is due to the high quantity of great outside backs currently in Opens and in 16As, as well as this there is no clear No. 10 currently lined up for this team.

I decided to put Cooper Fradd (16As - Shoulder Reconstruction) in the position as he has some experience playing 10 in Rugby, as well as experience playing No. 6 (Five-Eighth) in Rugby League. Another option may be Bowen Cleary (2nds), however his switch to the back row in 2023 has been largely game changing, and I'm sure the coaches would rather he continue playing in the position where he found the most success.

The forwards were somewhat easier to select for me, however there are still question marks about some players, so feel free to recommend any changes you believe should occur.

Last edited:

The big X

Stan Wickham (3)
I don’t agree. Most of their stars who are under 16s this year and are playing up will have already graduated in 2026 as they are in the year above. From what I know the current 15s age group at Oakhill is not that good losing to Auggies 15As by a considerable amount.
Right, thought they were in year 10

The big X

Stan Wickham (3)
To put it simple no. From what I’ve heard and seen they’ve definitely not had a successful season although they do have 1 player James patchett playing in the 1st XV so his experience will help next year.
They have 2 16's in their 1st XV. James Patchett and their Loose-head Prop.

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Postseason NSW Schools Rankings

Many of the Forum Fanatics were quick to judge my Preseason Schools Rankings, and with only one ISA round remaining and the other competitions concluded, I believe it's time to finalise the Postseason Schools Rankings. Without further adieu, here are my rankings where teams have been ranked into tiers by my team and I.

This isn't the be-all and end-all of Rugby Rankings, just a thereabouts ranking - enjoy!

Tier 1: Shore and St. Augustine's

These two teams emerged as the winners of their competitions respectively, and both were exceptionally dominant throughout the trial period and regular season. Some may question why I've placed Shore ahead of St. Augustine's, given that Auggies defeated them.

However, it's important to note that Shore was leading 10-7 before a red card changed the game’s dynamic. According to reports, Shore then brought on their 2nd XV to avoid further suspensions, which led to their narrow 26-22 loss.

Further, Shore faced a tough start in the GPS, but ultimately claimed the premiership in what is widely considered the strongest competition in the country. Shore's more decisive wins over teams like Oakhill further cement their position as the top team.

While the undefeated* Auggies have been strong contenders, nearly winning the SAINX tournament (barring an unusual Joe Walsh miss), Shore's consistent performance against higher-calibre teams makes them the superior side overall.

Tier 2: St Joseph's, Oakhill, Scots, Kings, Newington, Riverview

It's no surprise that the rest of the GPS schools dominate this tier. Joey's had a strong start but faltered as the season progressed. Kings, Scots, Newington, and Riverview all had their ups and downs in what is regarded as the best and strongest competition in Australia.

Oakhill slots into this tier after a narrow loss to Auggies, where two late tries in the first half proved costly. However, their ability to keep Auggies scoreless in the second half and score two tries of their own was impressive. Oakhill also defeated Riverview and had convincing wins against the top three CAS schools.

What keeps them below Kings and Joeys is their tight win against Joeys' 2nd XV where they had multiple missed opportunities, and their 23-point loss to Shore in difficult conditions.

Tier 3: Barker, Knox, Waverley

The competition among the top CAS schools was fierce, and their rankings could be debated. Barker, in particular, could potentially be a Tier 2 team. They suffered narrow one-point losses to Riverview and Oakhill but still came up short.

These three teams would likely struggle against those in the higher tiers, as demonstrated through their matches against Oakhill and Auggies.

Tier 4: Cranbrook, Pius, Kinross, St Stanislaus'
Cranbrook tops this tier due to their potential when fully healthy, as supported by their strong win over Oakhill. If fully healthy all season, Cranbrook most definitely would have been a problem in the CAS, with the potential to move up to Tier 3.

Pius, Kinross and Stannies had moments of promise but ultimately couldn't deliver when it counted. Pius had a strong trial period and a close game against a fatigued and understrength Auggies side (who had played Shore three days earlier). However, they faded when it mattered, suffering significant losses to Oakhill and losing to Stannies.

The two country teams, Kinross and Stannies, always put up a good fight but haven't achieved anything particularly noteworthy. A special mention goes to Oscar Cleary and Cooper Watters, two country boys who made the schoolboys team—always great signs for ISA Rugby.

Tier 5: St Patricks, Trinity, St Gregs, Aloys,

These teams find themselves at the bottom of the rankings.

Gregs remains a league-focused school.

Pats lost perhaps the best schoolboy combination of all time to league for crucial games during trials and the season, and even when they played, their forwards struggled to establish a platform.

Aloys simply lack the rugby player base to be competitive.

Trinity's season was especially disappointing, as it seemed they'd awarded scholarships to the wrong players.

Tier 6: TAS, Sydney Boys, Sydney Grammar, and Others

These schools are not on par with the rest of the teams mentioned above.

Special Mention:
Shoutout to Oakhill, the only team inside the top two tiers to be entirely homegrown with no scholarships—a significant achievement.

Last edited:

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)

Many of the Forum Fanatics were quick to judge my Preseason Schools Rankings, and with only one ISA round remaining and the other competitions concluded, I believe it's time to finalise the Postseason Schools Rankings. Without further adieu, here are my rankings where teams have been ranked into tiers by my team and I.

This isn't the be-all and end-all of Rugby Rankings, just a thereabouts ranking - enjoy!

These two teams emerged as the winners of their competitions respectively, and both were exceptionally dominant throughout the trial period and regular season. Some may question why I've placed Shore ahead of St. Augustine's, given that Auggies defeated them.

However, it's important to note that Shore was leading 10-7 before a red card changed the game’s dynamic. According to reports, Shore then brought on their 2nd XV to avoid further suspensions, which led to their narrow 26-22 loss.

Further, Shore faced a tough start in the GPS, but ultimately claimed the premiership in what is widely considered the strongest competition in the country. Shore's more decisive wins over teams like Oakhill further cement their position as the top team.

While the undefeated* Auggies have been strong contenders, nearly winning the SAINX tournament (barring an unusual Joe Walsh miss), Shore's consistent performance against higher-calibre teams makes them the superior side overall.

It's no surprise that the rest of the GPS schools dominate this tier. Joey's had a strong start but faltered as the season progressed. Kings, Scots, Newington, and Riverview all had their ups and downs in what is regarded as the best and strongest competition in Australia.

Oakhill slots into this tier after a narrow loss to Auggies, where two late tries in the first half proved costly. However, their ability to keep Auggies scoreless in the second half and score two tries of their own was impressive. Oakhill also defeated Riverview and had convincing wins against the top three CAS schools.

What keeps them below Kings and Joeys is their tight win against Joeys' 2nd XV where they had multiple missed opportunities, and their 23-point loss to Shore in difficult conditions.

The competition among the top CAS schools was fierce, and their rankings could be debated. Barker, in particular, could potentially be a Tier 2 team. They suffered narrow one-point losses to Riverview and Oakhill but still came up short.

These three teams would likely struggle against those in the higher tiers, as demonstrated through their matches against Oakhill and Auggies.

Cranbrook tops this tier due to their potential when fully healthy, as supported by their strong win over Oakhill. If fully healthy all season, Cranbrook most definitely would have been a problem in the CAS, with the potential to move up to Tier 3.

Pius, Kinross and Stannies had moments of promise but ultimately couldn't deliver when it counted. Pius had a strong trial period and a close game against a fatigued and understrength Auggies side (who had played Shore three days earlier). However, they faded when it mattered, suffering significant losses to Oakhill and losing to Stannies.

The two country teams, Kinross and Stannies, always put up a good fight but haven't achieved anything particularly noteworthy. A special mention goes to Oscar Cleary and Cooper Watters, two country boys who made the schoolboys team—always great signs for ISA Rugby.

Pats lost perhaps the best schoolboy combination of all time to league for crucial games during trials and the season, and even when they played, their forwards struggled to establish a platform.

Trinity's season was especially disappointing, as it seemed they'd awarded scholarships to the wrong players.

Special Mention:
Shoutout to Oakhill, the only team outside the top two tiers to be entirely homegrown with no scholarships—a significant achievement.
Great analysis and outlook on the season largely agree and can’t wait for what’s to come next season

Forwardpack101

Frank Nicholson (4)

Special Mention:
Shoutout to Oakhill, the only team inside the top two tiers to be entirely homegrown with no scholarships—a significant achievement.
Who are Augustine’s scholarships then?