• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

Choptackle

Chris McKivat (8)
Cheers, interesting about auggies wonder why? That’s great that they’re playing against Pats at Brookvale. Going to be some serious talent on that field with Walsh, conti and woods arguably some of the best players ISA has ever seen as well as some superb players from auggies who have been huge for the team over the years. Going to be a shame that it’s the last we’ll see of them in a schoolboy jersey. Unfortunate for Sam blank as well as I’m sure we would love to be out there for it. Are any other teams playing there or just the 1st XV?
Walsh didn’t play today nor will he be out there against Pats as I have heard he picked up an injury against Kinross last week. From the team that Auggies begun the year with, they now have picked up 4 mid - to long term injuries being their numbers 6,9,10,11 of the team that ran out for their first game of the year, during the season their 2,5,8,12,13 have also missed a game(s) due to injury. Only the 1stxv will play at Brookvale on Saturday at 3:30pm, the later kickoff gives all other grades playing at the academy of sport time to get to Brookie, in a game that I hear is completely compulsory for all Auggies rugby players to attend. Auggies in this game have the ultimate home ground advantage as I believe they will be warming up on their school oval across the road, before making their way onto the ground to what will be a large reception.

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Walsh didn’t play today nor will he be out there against Pats as I have heard he picked up an injury against Kinross last week. From the team that Auggies begun the year with, they now have picked up 4 mid - to long term injuries being their numbers 6,9,10,11 of the team that ran out for their first game of the year, during the season their 2,5,8,12,13 have also missed a game(s) due to injury. Only the 1stxv will play at Brookvale on Saturday at 3:30pm, the later kickoff gives all other grades playing at the academy of sport time to get to Brookie, in a game that I hear is completely compulsory for all Auggies rugby players to attend. Auggies in this game have the ultimate home ground advantage as I believe they will be warming up on their school oval across the road, before making their way onto the ground to what will be a large reception.
Yeah Auggies have picked up some very unfortunate injuries over the season bit of a shame, especially for Saturday and all the year 12s as it will be their last game as a schoolboy. Don’t believe Pats are the strongest throughout the age groups so should be a bit of a field day for Auggies before ramping it up for the 1st XV game. Hopefully Auggies can take the win to solidify their victorious ISA season and win it back to back. Look forward to what they can produce for next year any ideas on how the 16As and year 11s are? I know Oakhill will be beaming with talent in the 1st XV next year and will be an absolute powerhouse.

number8bro

Frank Nicholson (4)
1723939940508.png

Early round 7 predictions?

Forwardpack101

Frank Nicholson (4)
Yeah Auggies have picked up some very unfortunate injuries over the season bit of a shame, especially for Saturday and all the year 12s as it will be their last game as a schoolboy. Don’t believe Pats are the strongest throughout the age groups so should be a bit of a field day for Auggies before ramping it up for the 1st XV game. Hopefully Auggies can take the win to solidify their victorious ISA season and win it back to back. Look forward to what they can produce for next year any ideas on how the 16As and year 11s are? I know Oakhill will be beaming with talent in the 1st XV next year and will be an absolute powerhouse.
How did auggies age groups go against stannies and where at

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Many of you have reached out, expressing sleepless nights and anxiety over whether Oakhill would hit that elusive 70% Socks-Up mark.

Well, I’m happy to report that my team and I have crunched the numbers on Oakhill's 1st XV Socks Statistics for this season.

The statistics are as follows...

Oakhill 1st XV vs St Patrick's

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 1.03.18 PM.png

Key Takeaways:
It was the last game of the season, and for many, their final match representing Oakhill. This should have been a moment to rise to the occasion, to pull those socks up and repay the school for all it's given. Yet, once again, the rule was overlooked by some.
  • A few players in new positions did take note, though. The #15 proudly sported knee-high socks, as Mr Feltham (CEO of AHSC) was shifted to a newly found position on the field.

• Feltham's commitment to sock height seemed to follow him to the #9 spot this week, as without Flynn Farrell, the sock standards of the scrum half were bound to deteriorate.

• The #11 position repaid his thanks for his 1st XV Debut, pulling up his socks, as Mr Bloomfield (Founder of AHSC) was absent due to injury.

• Oakhill's #14 learned his lesson from last week, pulling his socks up after complaining at training about cold calves when they were down last weekend.

• Meanwhile, #12 continued his low-sock look, perhaps angling for a promotion within the AHSC.

• And finally, it was encouraging to see #10 heed the forum's advice and pull his socks up—a real credit to the young man.
1st XV Throughout the Season

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 1.14.17 PM.png

Key Takeaways:
  • Oakhill began the season with a disappointing showing in the sock height department, with their highest percentage of socks down.

• As the season went on, the influence of the "Italian Stallion's" fashion statement started to catch on with teammates, peaking during the Auggies match when everyone wanted to look—and play—their best in front of a large crowd.

• Unfortunately, Oakhill's best socks-up performance came after the backlash, when it really should have been at Rat Park against Auggies. But what’s done is done.

• Despite efforts, Oakhill never managed to reach 70% socks up in any game—a clear reflection of their stance on the rule.
AND THE ONE YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR...

Screenshot 2024-08-18 at 1.09.03 PM.png

Oakhill couldn't break the 70% socks-up mark for the season, which is a clear victory for the AHSC.

MVP's of Sock Discipline in Season 2024
  • Marcus Odd (#1/#2): Always had his socks up, even when moved to Hooker at Kinross. His unwavering sock height is a true testament to his character, going 6/6 with socks up throughout the season.

• Will Casey (#5): Another consistent performer, also going 6/6 with socks up, showing Oakhill has strong sock leadership in the Second Row.

• Ryan Scott (#7): Always leading from the front, he maintained a perfect 6/6 socks-up record. At times, his socks were practically at his hips, and he could often be heard rallying the team with shouts of "GET YA SOCKS UP" as they crossed halfway after scoring tries.

• Luke Alderson (#10): Achieved a solid 5/6 socks-up record, with a half-hearted effort against Pius where his socks were half up, half down. While 5/6 is respectable, his decision to cut the bottoms off his socks and use Grip Socks instead showed a bit of disregard for the traditional sock game.

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
How did auggies age groups go against stannies and where at
All of the games were played at Sydney academy of sport nearly having a clean sweep only losing one game in the 15Cs age group and a loss to a newington team in the 15Ds team. Here are the top two teams score in each age group.

1st XV 41-31 AUG

2nd XV 55-5 AUG

16A 48-7 AUG

16B 36-0 AUG

15A 30-7 AUG

15B 34-5 AUG

14A 36-7 AUG

14B 45-7 AUG

13A 43-7 AUG

13B 24-12 AUG

ISA

Allen Oxlade (6)
This years 16As are loaded with talent with 2 gen blue players in their side and many more ISA reps. Jack Kalms is probably the most exciting player in their arsenal at fly half. Would not be suprised if he will be playing 1sts next year along with many more.

RugbyTears

Chris McKivat (8)
It’s probably too early for either the Auggies’ camp or the Oakhill mob to comment on next year – got to wait for the GPS and CAS bursars to finalise their scholarship budgets first. There is going to be a lot of parents from both schools having to buy new school uniforms next year !! :):):)

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
This years 16As are loaded with talent with 2 gen blue players in their side and many more ISA reps. Jack Kalms is probably the most exciting player in their arsenal at fly half. Would not be suprised if he will be playing 1sts next year along with many more.
That’s great for Auggies especially with what will be a formidable Oakhill 1st XV next year. Who’s the other gen blue player?

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
It’s probably too early for either the Auggies’ camp or the Oakhill mob to comment on next year – got to wait for the GPS and CAS bursars to finalise their scholarship budgets first. There is going to be a lot of parents from both schools having to buy new school uniforms next year !! :):):)
Unfortunately that’s the way is seems although you’ve got to think that players like Darcy feltham, Flynn Farrell, Sam polley have already been offered numerous spots to other schools and from what I’ve heard they usually stop giving them out after year 10. Let’s hope we can keep the talent here in ISA.

Last edited:

Likewise

Frank Row (1)
Unfortunately that’s the way is seems although you’ve got to think that players like Darcy feltham, Flynn Farrell, Sam polley have already been offered numerous spots to other schools and from what I’ve heard they usually stop giving them out after year 10. Let’s hope we can keep the talent here in ISA.

Oakhill get spooked in the first half - down 9-12 at HT.

Woods and a forward get yellowed early in the second half, making it 15 on 13. From then on Oakhill ran away with it.

Mitch Holmes had a field day and Darcy Feltham had 4 Tries playing scrum half. No Flynn Farrell no worries for Oakhill.

Fulltime: Oakhill 48 - 12 St Patrick’s

number8bro

Frank Nicholson (4)
Any 2025 1st XV predictions?
1. ?
2. Cade Chapman GREGS
3. Dylan Tait SPX
4. ?
5. ?
6. Sam Polley/ Lukas Butler OAK
7. Oscar Cleary KIN
8. Noah Rylands AUG
9. Flynn Farrell OAK/ Chayse Geros AUG
10. Tamoko Berryman AUG/ Callum Spooner OAK
11. Cyrus Bloomfield OAK
12. Kobi Mendel SPX/ Sam Polley OAK
13. Beau Alexander AUG
14. Oliver Metcalf AUG
15. Darcy Feltham OAK

Old Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
Yeah wow, Kinross went well on the weekend, so much for this saviour coach Matt Tink, it doesn't help when the coach puts their unskillful son in the team and as captain, Jack Tink is shocking weaselling his way into rep teams through daddies wallet. Did Oscar Cleary play you wouldn't be able to tell the big guy didn't seem to show up, it will certainly be an exciting game this weekend against stannies the odds aren't tipping stannies or Kinross's way after Kinross lost to St. Pius who stannies took down, then Kinross beating gregs who stannies lost to, and the big margin when Kinross played st Augustines, then stannies had them on the ropes for the entire game on the weekend. It will certainly be a good battle for the Central West!!
Thats ordinary chat about the Tink’s mate. Good people.

Choptackle

Chris McKivat (8)
1. ?
2. Cade Chapman GREGS
3. Dylan Tait SPX
4. ?
5. ?
7. Oscar Cleary KIN
8. Noah Rylands AUG
11. Cyrus Bloomfield OAK
13. Beau Alexander AUG
14. Oliver Metcalf AUG
15. Darcy Feltham OAK
Tamoko Berryman is in Year 12 at AUG

SuperCoach12

Stan Wickham (3)
1. ?
2. Cade Chapman GREGS
3. Dylan Tait SPX
4. ?
5. ?
7. Oscar Cleary KIN
8. Noah Rylands AUG
11. Cyrus Bloomfield OAK
13. Beau Alexander AUG
14. Oliver Metcalf AUG
15. Darcy Feltham OAK
SC here, I would like to share my take on what the upcoming ISA 1st XV team for 2025 will look like:

1. James Kenna (OAK)
2. Cade Chapman (GRE)
3. Lewis Wilson (AUG)
4. Gary Roberts (OAK)
5. Oscar Clearly (KIN)
6. Ben Visagie (OAK)
7. Noah Rylands (AUG)
8. Lukas Butler (OAK)
9. Flynn Farrell (OAK)
Callum Spooner (OAK)
11. Oliver Metcalf (AUG)
12. Sam Polley (OAK)