• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Can we please talk about CCG they are said to be in the 2XV competition but I believe they have played each ISA's 3rds team when it says on the ISA ladder that they beat St Greg 2nds or stannies 2nds they have beaten their 3rds it's not fair on the competition!!!
Ahhhh that makes much more sense if true.

I was puzzled when it said CCGS beat Kinross 2nds 50-0 but Oakhill's 2's only managed to beat them 18-5 and Auggies 2's beat them by just 12, 19-7. Looking at the fixtures as well, they won't play Auggies 2nd's, only Oakhill's 2nd's next week, then the season is over.

Has the ISA got it mixed up or is it just poor fixturing from certain schools?

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Ahhhh that makes much more sense if true.

I was puzzled when it said CCGS beat Kinross 2nds 50-0 but Oakhill's 2's only managed to beat them 18-5 and Auggies 2's beat them by just 12, 19-7. Looking at the fixtures as well, they won't play Auggies 2nd's, only Oakhill's 2nd's next week, then the season is over.

Has the ISA got it mixed up or is it just poor fixturing from certain schools?
I believe CCGS are versing schools 3rd XV and same with Scot’s all saints. This meant that last week AUGS 4ths were versing KWS 3rds and AUGS 5ths were versing KWS 4ths.

SPS

Frank Row (1)
CCGS are playing each schools 2nd XV, that said it has been a mixed bag in each fixture as to who the opposition trots out in their game day squad.
- Kinross was a mix of 3rd/4ths and score was actually 70 odd - 0. listed as a 2nd XV fixture so you'd have to ask KWS why they made those selections.
- SSC fielded their 2nd XV and CCGS got up in a tight matchup.
- SPX fielded their 2nd XV with a couple of boys from 1sts & 3rds mixed in. (Granted I don't believe the score is correct on the ISA website)
- SPC fielded their 2nd XV with a couple of boys from 1sts & 3rds mixed in and CCGS got up in a tight matchup.
- SGC 2nd XV have forfeited tomorrows fixture so not sure what that means for the table.
- OAK next week in what you'd imagine will be a very tough match up to close the season.

As the old saying goes you can only beat what is in front of you.
Regardless CCGS punching well above their weight with an opens squad of just 26 boys.

Old Dog

Bob McCowan (2)
CCGS are playing each schools 2nd XV, that said it has been a mixed bag in each fixture as to who the opposition trots out in their game day squad.
- Kinross was a mix of 3rd/4ths and score was actually 70 odd - 0. listed as a 2nd XV fixture so you'd have to ask KWS why they made those selections.
- SSC fielded their 2nd XV and CCGS got up in a tight matchup.
- SPX fielded their 2nd XV with a couple of boys from 1sts & 3rds mixed in. (Granted I don't believe the score is correct on the ISA website)
- SPC fielded their 2nd XV with a couple of boys from 1sts & 3rds mixed in and CCGS got up in a tight matchup.
- SGC 2nd XV have forfeited tomorrows fixture so not sure what that means for the table.
- OAK next week in what you'd imagine will be a very tough match up to close the season.

As the old saying goes you can only beat what is in front of you.
Regardless CCGS punching well above their weight with an opens squad of just 26 boys.
Stannies fielded half 2nds half 3rds. Weird.

SPS

Frank Row (1)
Stannies fielded half 2nds half 3rds. Weird.
You’d have to speak to SSC staff as to why they made those selections decisions. All fixtures have been clearly listed as 2nd XV matches. (With the exception St Augustine’s which was of a washout)

Biggest issue with CCGS moving forward is depth, good base of talent in most age groups but often lacking the internal competition for spots to push to next level.
Great to see them competing in Division 1 after dominating the 2nd division for a long period.

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
Oakhill get spooked in the first half - down 9-12 at HT.

Woods and a forward get yellowed early in the second half, making it 15 on 13. From then on Oakhill ran away with it.

Mitch Holmes had a field day and Darcy Feltham had 4 Tries playing scrum half. No Flynn Farrell no worries for Oakhill.

Fulltime: Oakhill 48 - 12 St Patrick’s

Last edited:

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Oakhill get spooked in the first half - down 9-12 at HT.

Woods and a forward get yellowed early in the second half, making it 15 on 13. From then on Oakhill ran away with it.

Mitch Holmes had a field day and Darcy Feltham had 4 Tries playing scrum half. No Flynn Farrell no worries for Oakhill.

Fulltime: Oakhill 47*-12 St Patrick’s

*Unsure of exact number but somewhere relatively close to that…
Two yellows would’ve been a big hit. Does anyone know why Flynn Farrell is out?

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
He did something to his foot halfway through the second half last week. I thought he would’ve been good to play this week but he was in a boot today so it must be something a little more serious.
Right seasons coming to an end but Let’s hope he’s up and running for the super rugby part of the season with the Waratahs.

Choptackle

Chris McKivat (8)
Did you go down to watch? If so how was it?
The game was very tightly contested throughout, it seems to me that Auggies didn’t turn up. In the 2nd half Auggies made some long range breaks to score some points but they never really pulled away. Stannies gave them a game.
Augs will take on Pats next Saturday at Brookvale oval, a fitting last game for those year 12s who have produced one of if not the best Auggies team in their history this year.

SUFC

Bob McCowan (2)
The game was very tightly contested throughout, it seems to me that Auggies didn’t turn up. In the 2nd half Auggies made some long range breaks to score some points but they never really pulled away. Stannies gave them a game.
Augs will take on Pats next Saturday at Brookvale oval, a fitting last game for those year 12s who have produced one of if not the best Auggies team in their history this year.
was the game at bathurst? there’s 12 points straight off the bat.

92Eyesupfooty

Herbert Moran (7)
Cheers, interesting about auggies wonder why? That’s great that they’re playing against Pats at Brookvale. Going to be some serious talent on that field with Walsh, conti and woods arguably some of the best players ISA has ever seen as well as some superb players from auggies who have been huge for the team over the years. Going to be a shame that it’s the last we’ll see of them in a schoolboy jersey. Unfortunate for Sam blank as well as I’m sure we would love to be out there for it. Are any other teams playing there or just the 1st XV?