• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

TheChosenOne

Frank Row (1)
To those who don't give a hoot about fifths rugby, feel free to skip over this.

And for the few of you still reading....
Most blasphemous comment I have ever seen on this forum. Let me simplify in case you missed the masterclass of the Oakhill 2023 5th XV

2023 Oakhill 5ths Forwards2024 Oakhill 5ths Forwards
1. Matthew Nealon (peace be upon him)1. Pranit Mathur
2. Thomas Heyes2. Mitch Borg
3. Thomas Williams3. Thomas Heyes
4. Alex Meyer4. Alex Meyer
5. William Cowling5. Noah Simpson
6. Cooper Hume6. Julian vargas
7. Fletcher Wood7. William Cowling
8. Cameron McCranor8. Fletcher Wood

2023 Oakhill 5ths Backs2024 Oakhill 5ths Backs
9. Elijah Robertson9. Jack Parkinson
10. Dylan Manio10. Declan Reidy
11. Kai Verisan11. Ethan McDonald
12. Josh Strefner12. Jordan Hood
13. Nicholas Heath13. Harley Low
14. Logan Wentzel14. Cedric Xiao
15. Josh Stevens15. Kai Verisan
And because its easier to type, I will refer to the 23 5ths as The Good Guys and the 24 5ths as The Average Joes.

Doesn't take a genius to compare the two teams. The Good Guys coached by Patrick Woolnough brought pride to the whole concept of the 5th fifteen. Being in the lowest team could have been considered shameful, but The Good Guys had spirit. Not to mention a squad of boys who were playing rugby well above there pay grade. Where The Good Guys saw compelling leadership in there killer back row and spine (Cooper Hume, Fletcher Wood, Cameron McCranor, Elijah Robertson, Dylan Manio and Josh Stevens) The Average Joes lack so much, there forwards pack more built to sit a math test, and there backline the polar opposite. On top of that, the support The Good Guys gathered from boys and girls across the school was impeccable, boasting an esteemed instagram page of well over 400 followers.

And even further, The Good Guys were the first ever underdogs to win the highly coveted Kong Cup, beating the 4th XV, amongst them Lachlan Woolnough, brother of Patrick and coach of The Good Guys. Have The Average Joes even heard of the concept of Kong Cup? Or are they to busy getting in fights every other week and being a handful for their commissioner of rugby.

AND FURTHER AGAIN, while the The Average Joes are a team of washed up, play-for-fun year 12's, The Good Guys were comprised entirely of up and coming year 11's unbeknownst to the opens landscape. This also meant that graduates from The Good Guys have been able to excel in there rugby, 3 of which playing in Oakhill's mighty 3rd XV (Dylan Manio, Cooper Hume, Josh Stevens), most prevalent Elijah Robertson the The Good Guys 9 and a genuine young bloke full of heart and love for the game who played time in the First XV in 2024.
(Yes thats right, he made the conquest from 5ths to 1sts, maybe the first to ever do it)

And even when I thought there was no more reason for the The Good Guys to be crowned as the 'best ISA 5ths of all time' please picture this.

Any given Thursday on Herman Oval 2024: Empty, no boys on the paddock, no one training, no love for the game.
Any given Thursday on Herman Oval 2023: A full squad of 20 boys eager to crack on with some rugby.
Need I remind you of the 5ths-> 6ths switch incident (boys who didnt train were punished with being dropped to the 6th XV.... it was a full team swap that week)
It is unfair to say that the 24 5th's would be anything without the foundation built in 2023 and I would go as far to say that half the 24 boys wouldnt have played if not for the 23 5ths legacy. The 24 5ths do not embody any of what the 5ths badge stands for.

And sorry to the rest of you scrolling the forum to have burdened you with this meaningless post, yes I fell for the rage bait, but it just has to be said.
You seem emotional mate.

Except for about 3 players the 2024 5ths team wipes the floor with the 2023 5ths team respectively.

RealRuckWarden

Frank Row (1)
To those who don't give a hoot about fifths rugby, feel free to skip over this.

And for the few of you still reading....
Most blasphemous comment I have ever seen on this forum. Let me simplify in case you missed the masterclass of the Oakhill 2023 5th XV

2023 Oakhill 5ths Forwards2024 Oakhill 5ths Forwards
1. Matthew Nealon (peace be upon him)1. Pranit Mathur
2. Thomas Heyes2. Mitch Borg
3. Thomas Williams3. Thomas Heyes
4. Alex Meyer4. Alex Meyer
5. William Cowling5. Noah Simpson
6. Cooper Hume6. Julian vargas
7. Fletcher Wood7. William Cowling
8. Cameron McCranor8. Fletcher Wood

2023 Oakhill 5ths Backs2024 Oakhill 5ths Backs
9. Elijah Robertson9. Jack Parkinson
10. Dylan Manio10. Declan Reidy
11. Kai Verisan11. Ethan McDonald
12. Josh Strefner12. Jordan Hood
13. Nicholas Heath13. Harley Low
14. Logan Wentzel14. Cedric Xiao
15. Josh Stevens15. Kai Verisan
And because its easier to type, I will refer to the 23 5ths as The Good Guys and the 24 5ths as The Average Joes.

Doesn't take a genius to compare the two teams. The Good Guys coached by Patrick Woolnough brought pride to the whole concept of the 5th fifteen. Being in the lowest team could have been considered shameful, but The Good Guys had spirit. Not to mention a squad of boys who were playing rugby well above there pay grade. Where The Good Guys saw compelling leadership in there killer back row and spine (Cooper Hume, Fletcher Wood, Cameron McCranor, Elijah Robertson, Dylan Manio and Josh Stevens) The Average Joes lack so much, there forwards pack more built to sit a math test, and there backline the polar opposite. On top of that, the support The Good Guys gathered from boys and girls across the school was impeccable, boasting an esteemed instagram page of well over 400 followers.

And even further, The Good Guys were the first ever underdogs to win the highly coveted Kong Cup, beating the 4th XV, amongst them Lachlan Woolnough, brother of Patrick and coach of The Good Guys. Have The Average Joes even heard of the concept of Kong Cup? Or are they to busy getting in fights every other week and being a handful for their commissioner of rugby.

AND FURTHER AGAIN, while the The Average Joes are a team of washed up, play-for-fun year 12's, The Good Guys were comprised entirely of up and coming year 11's unbeknownst to the opens landscape. This also meant that graduates from The Good Guys have been able to excel in there rugby, 3 of which playing in Oakhill's mighty 3rd XV (Dylan Manio, Cooper Hume, Josh Stevens), most prevalent Elijah Robertson the The Good Guys 9 and a genuine young bloke full of heart and love for the game who played time in the First XV in 2024.
(Yes thats right, he made the conquest from 5ths to 1sts, maybe the first to ever do it)

And even when I thought there was no more reason for the The Good Guys to be crowned as the 'best ISA 5ths of all time' please picture this.

Any given Thursday on Herman Oval 2024: Empty, no boys on the paddock, no one training, no love for the game.
Any given Thursday on Herman Oval 2023: A full squad of 20 boys eager to crack on with some rugby.
Need I remind you of the 5ths-> 6ths switch incident (boys who didnt train were punished with being dropped to the 6th XV.... it was a full team swap that week)
It is unfair to say that the 24 5th's would be anything without the foundation built in 2023 and I would go as far to say that half the 24 boys wouldnt have played if not for the 23 5ths legacy. The 24 5ths do not embody any of what the 5ths badge stands for.

And sorry to the rest of you scrolling the forum to have burdened you with this meaningless post, yes I fell for the rage bait, but it just has to be said.
While I respect your opinion here @Ball till u Fall , I must admit that you are looking at this from a OBJECTIVE standpoint based on your own personal criteria. I think perhaps it could also be viewed as SUBJECTIVE view point where we saw the 'Average Joes' Beat both Waverley and Knox 5s this year while the 'Good Guys' could not.

We must not forget the influential impact of the Great Man who stood down from coaching the 4/5s last year. This is a bloke whose heart stopped beating for these blokes cause he had that much Blood&Mustard running through his arteries. Without his presence, I think there is great causation into the lack of enthusiasm and passion you tend to see. And let us not forget that Matthew Nealon (Peace Be Upon Him) missed 'The Game' of Kong Cup Game 3 for Maths Test.

For the rest of you viewers, I'll let the jury decide.
RRW out

ISA

Peter Burge (5)
agreed cowardly act from the filthy fifths from northern beaches, needs to be some sort of punishment for players who didnt show
From what my son told me it sounds that all boys who didnt go without a valid reason were punshied very accordingly

paddofanpage

Frank Row (1)
Auggies best possible XV

1. Cameron Paull
2. Riley Osbourne
3. Lewis Wilson
4. Zac Toole
5. Aron Brennan
6. Art Osbourne
7. Charlie Blank (c)
8. Noah Rylands
9. Sam Blank
10. Joe Walsh
11. Will Hargreaves (Scholarship Barker)
12. Tamoko Berryman-Duff
13. Beau Alexander
14. Tylan Black-Berryman
15. Charlie Poynton (Scholarship Barker)

HM. Harrison Dene (Scholarship Barker)
HM. Tye Jecks (Scholarship Knox)

Personally I see this team being the best in the nation by a mile

Last edited:

92Eyesupfooty

Stan Wickham (3)
Auggies best possible XV

1. Jesse Galluzzo
2. Riley Osbourne
3. Lewis Wilson
4. Zac Toole
5. Aron Brennan
6. Art Osbourne
7. Charlie Blank (c)
8. Noah Rylands
9. Sam Blank
10. Joe Walsh
11. Will Hargreaves (Scholarship Barker)
12. Tamoko Berryman-Duff
13. Beau Alexander
14. Tylan Black-Berryman
15. Charlie Poynton (Scholarship Barker)

HM. Harrison Dene (Scholarship Barker)
HM. Tye Jecks (Scholarship Knox)

Personally I see this team being the best in the nation by a mile
Would definitely say that cam paull starting over Jesse galluzzo would be the way to go especially since making the Australian schoolboys team. Also I feel as though the wingers that they have currently are fantastic. Olly McCracken and coby toon (injured season)

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
The Team That Could’ve Been (Oakhill)

1. Hayden Lavercombe
2. Luke Muriti
3. Hasani Bloomfield
4. Thomas Alloggia
5. Luke Wakefield (Class of 23 - year young)
6. Zeke Logo
7. Ryan Scott
8. Sam Polley
9. Flynn Farrell
10. Luke Alderson
11. Darcy Feltham
12. Joe Harvey
13. Mitch Holmes
14. Cyrus Bloomfield
15. Talen Risati

16. Marcus Odd
17. Julian Carruthers
18. Nikolaj Knevitt
19. Will Casey
20. Luca Caruso
21. Lukas Butler

22. Taite Howells
23. Tom Halmarick
24. Jack Taylor Hannify
This team would certainly give Auggies a run for their money - probably the best team in the country, right there with Auggies.

What a game it would be… so so much talent on one field.

number8bro

Stan Wickham (3)
1723597688493.png

Round 6 predictions?

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
I know many of you fanatic Schoolboy footy fans would be losing sleep pondering how the implementation of the socks-up policy has gone among the top teams across Oakhill.

So here's to a useless YET insightful post all ISA Fans can enjoy as the season wraps up...

The invitation to "Pull ya socks up" was a new rule in Oakhill Rugby in 2024, with the statistics showing that some boys have merely been able to grasp the concept of this initiative. The statistics follow as such:

Sock Height by Team:

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 6.45.58 PM.png

Key Takeaways:
  • It seems the 16A's haven’t quite grasped the "Socks Up" Policy. Excuses like “My calves aren’t big enough, and they just fall right back down!” are being thrown around. Tape them to your legs if you have to—just get them up!

• The question arises: Are the 16A’s influenced by their cohort leader, Mr. Bloomfield? (Founder of the Ankle Height Sock Committee)

• The 2nds are leading the pack, with more than half of the players across the 5 Round Games keeping their socks up. I’ll consider 50% a win for the Socks-Up Support Union

• The 1sts need to aim for over 70%. As the leaders of the Oakhill Rugby Players Foundation (ORPF), they set the standard for the younger players and 49% just isn't cutting it for now. After crunching the numbers, the only way to hit 70% by season’s end is for all players to have their SOCKS UP VS PATS.

Sock Height by Position among the 1st's, 2nd's and 16A's

Screenshot 2024-08-14 at 7.46.27 PM.png

Key Takeaways:
  • The Openside Flanker position leaves no room for compromise—it's either all-in or ankle height.

• Further, The Openside Flanker boasts the highest rate of socks-up across all positions, thanks to the leadership of Mr. Ryan Scott.

• The Left-Wing socks-up percentage needs some context. With Mr. Bloomfield (founder of the AHSC) missing two games, the Left-Wing position has finally seen socks above the calves, subsequently influencing the percentage.

• The Fullback position has yet to embrace the socks-up trend, potentially signalling a silent protest against the new rule. Fullbacks are clearly voicing their thoughts not through words but through sock height instead.

• The Blindside Flanker excels with the best Half-Up, Half-Down sock combo, alongside the scrum halves. This trend can be attributed to the stylish Italian Stallion, who leads this fashion-forward faction with flair.

There you have it... the stats that matter.

Whether it's socks up or socks down, the underlying message remains important, sock-height represents the attitude and attention to detail that define one's approach and commitment.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
This is outstanding.

If there a GAGR Hall of Fame this needs to be in it.

Two comments about your findings from me.

1. It's disgusting for a 2nd Rower to not be Socks up. High & Tight fellas.
2. A 10 with socks down is a chaotic individual with a strong chance of pack a day smoking in the future as well as being a subbies Rugby legend.

Again, well done. Truly excellent.

Pull ya socks up

Bob McCowan (2)
I know many of you fanatic Schoolboy footy fans would be losing sleep pondering how the implementation of the socks-up policy has gone among the top teams across Oakhill.

So here's to a useless YET insightful post all ISA Fans can enjoy as the season wraps up...

The invitation to "Pull ya socks up" was a new rule in Oakhill Rugby in 2024, with the statistics showing that some boys have merely been able to grasp the concept of this initiative. The statistics follow as such:

Sock Height by Team:

View attachment 20313
Key Takeaways:
  • It seems the 16A's haven’t quite grasped the "Socks Up" Policy. Excuses like “My calves aren’t big enough, and they just fall right back down!” are being thrown around. Tape them to your legs if you have to—just get them up!

• The question arises: Are the 16A’s influenced by their cohort leader, Mr. Bloomfield? (Founder of the Ankle Height Sock Committee)

• The 2nds are leading the pack, with more than half of the players across the 5 Round Games keeping their socks up. I’ll consider 50% a win for the Socks-Up Support Union

• The 1sts need to aim for over 70%. As the leaders of the Oakhill Rugby Players Foundation (ORPF), they set the standard for the younger players and 49% just isn't cutting it for now. After crunching the numbers, the only way to hit 70% by season’s end is for all players to have their SOCKS UP VS PATS.

Sock Height by Position among the 1st's, 2nd's and 16A's

View attachment 20314

Key Takeaways:
  • The Openside Flanker position leaves no room for compromise—it's either all-in or ankle height.

• Further, The Openside Flanker boasts the highest rate of socks-up across all positions, thanks to the leadership of Mr. Ryan Scott.

• The Left-Wing socks-up percentage needs some context. With Mr. Bloomfield (founder of the AHSC) missing two games, the Left-Wing position has finally seen socks above the calves, subsequently influencing the percentage.

• The Fullback position has yet to embrace the socks-up trend, potentially signalling a silent protest against the new rule. Fullbacks are clearly voicing their thoughts not through words but through sock height instead.

• The Blindside Flanker excels with the best Half-Up, Half-Down sock combo, alongside the scrum halves. This trend can be attributed to the stylish Italian Stallion, who leads this fashion-forward faction with flair.

There you have it... the stats that matter.

Whether it's socks up or socks down, the underlying message remains important, sock-height represents the attitude and attention to detail that define one's approach and commitment.
Love it Rah Rah, good to see some people around here are taking uniform serious