• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ISA 2024

i also think a few call ups are in order after a few remarkable individual performances from the Kinross 3rd XV. Oscar Cheney (8) hits that ruck like you can imagine a 95kg athletic beast such as himself would. what a sight. definetely keep an eye out as he makes his inevitable push for 1st XV selection. freakish ball running from Tom Hosie (12) should have Auggies trembling at the mere sight of this animal of a man. only in year 11 so expect him in an ISA squad come next year, Auggies 2nd XV inside, check yourself bud. My final sacred tip for a callup to the Kinross 2nd Vthis weekend is Sandy Throb (11). Hands of gold and quick as lightning, this fella is a sight for sore eyes. @Talent.watch.isa.350, definetely keep an eye on this one as he keeps the 1st grade coach on his toes in the coming weeks. keep an eye out fellas.
Highschoolrugby
out
here here i will keep one eye watching, always.
I have heard of this Oscar cheney fella, heard he plays with real slickness through the middle, really opens up the Kinross edges to play with their flirtatious eyes up footy skills.
give it a rest
I simply do not think St. Augustines will beat Kinross this weekend Their dynamic forward pack completely out swivelled the woeful Gregs piggies, their backs were slick in their movements. What Matt Tink has done to Kinross Rugby over the last few years is absolutely astonishing. Kinross are on for a big upset this weekend, mark my words. Provide me with reasons against this decision or stay in your corner, buddy.

number8bro

Stan Wickham (3)
1722901215936.png

Predictions for round 5?

honestyforforums

Frank Row (1)
After watching the game where the stannies took down St. Patrick's, I believe the stannies will take Gregs by a big margin. Stannies have faced quite a lot of adversity this season, there has been lots of talk about their wins due to referring but i don't think the referring was in their favour against the Pats, stannies came out in the second and played like a whole new team, the 12 for stannies had to fill in and play 10 in the second half and played exceptionally, pats are also noted that they didn't have a full strength team in the forwards and they put up a great fight without there full team. Mitch Woods and Conti were linking up well in the first half breaking through the line each time they touched the ball. Overall great comeback for the young stannies team.

92Eyesupfooty

Stan Wickham (3)
View attachment 20169

Predictions for round 5?
OAK VS SPX- OAK +17

KWS VS AUG- AUG +14

SSC VS SGC- SSC +14

OAK will have highly contested 1st half as we know that SPX can play at high level as they did against AUG but will run away with it in the second half with their outside backs taking control

It wont be easy as some say down in Orange especially with KWS on a high after a good win but AUG are and have been the favorites all season long and I don't see them conceding their first loss this weekend against the two blues.

SSC are in good form and can't say the same for SGC. Having only winning one game I dont beleive they'll get their second this weekend down at Hogwarts.

LovelyGilbertBalls

Frank Row (1)
After watching the game where the stannies took down St. Patrick's, I believe the stannies will take Gregs by a big margin. Stannies have faced quite a lot of adversity this season, there has been lots of talk about their wins due to referring but i don't think the referring was in their favour against the Pats, stannies came out in the second and played like a whole new team, the 12 for stannies had to fill in and play 10 in the second half and played exceptionally, pats are also noted that they didn't have a full strength team in the forwards and they put up a great fight without there full team. Mitch Woods and Conti were linking up well in the first half breaking through the line each time they touched the ball. Overall great comeback for the young stannies team.
Taking into consideration that the Stannies boys won 45-27 after being down 7-22 at halftime and playing with 14 men for 20+ minutes as well as having two second rows called up after injuries sustained last week and losing their captain around half-time really shows the development this team has had over the last 12 months and how criminally underrated they are in ISA comp this year.

oldblokegaz

Frank Row (1)
To All Kinross Glazers, I have seen this far too often before. So let me remind you of:
The Origins of the Kinross Glazers - A Tale from Old Bloke Gaz

In the early days of Kinross Woloroi School, nestled in a picturesque town with rolling hills and sprawling fields, a tradition was born—one that would grow into both a source of pride and a lesson in humility.

Long ago, Kinross was a humble institution, known for its strong academic programs and a spirited sports team, the Kinross Two Blues. Their jerseys gleamed with the school's two vibrant shades of blue, and Orange took great pride in their achievements. But among the students, there was a particularly zealous group known as the Kinross Glazers.

These Glazers were passionate beyond measure. They would enthusiastically post on every forum, chant the names of their star players with such fervour that it echoed through the town, and walk the halls with an unyielding air of confidence. Their love for Kinross was boundless, and their displays of support were unmatched. At first, their dedication was seen as a charming quirk, endearing them to many.

However, as their glazing continued, their enthusiasm took on a different tone. It wasn't just about supporting their school anymore—it became about overshadowing everyone else. The Glazers began to overtake every conversation, dominating every moment with their relentless chants and posts. They spoke so highly of their team that it started to grate on the nerves of the other students and locals alike. The once-great support began to feel like an overwhelming presence rather than a genuine expression of school spirit.

One fateful day long ago, Kinross faced a rival school, in the grandest match of the year. The Glazers were sure of victory, flaunting their confidence and disparaging the rivals with each chance they got. Their chants grew louder, their confidence overflowing. They were convinced nothing could stand in their way.

But on the day of the match, something extraordinary happened. The opposite team had prepared with equal zeal, their players focused and determined. The game was intense, filled with fierce tackles, bulging runs and sophisticated backline plays. To everyone’s surprise, Kinross's skill and determination weren't enough. Despite their confident start, Kinross found themselves struggling to keep up.

As the game progressed, it became clear that they were being outplayed. The Glazers’ chants grew quieter, their forum posts less frequent. The confidence that had once been so prevalent was replaced with a sobering realisation. Kinross lost the match, and with it, the veneer of invincibility they had so proudly worn.

In the aftermath, the town gathered, and the once-dominant Glazers were humbled. The defeat was a harsh lesson in humility. It showed them that while passion and pride are important, they must be balanced with respect for others. The Kinross Glazers learned that their enthusiasm should uplift rather than overshadow, and their support should inspire rather than intimidate.

From that day forward, the Glazers channelled their energy more wisely. They continued to support their team with the same fervour, but now with a newfound respect for their rivals and a better understanding of what true sportsmanship meant. The tale of their rise and fall became a cherished story of the ISA, a reminder of the balance between pride and humility—a lesson that echoed through the generations.

Forwardpack101

Stan Wickham (3)
Taking into consideration that the Stannies boys won 45-27 after being down 7-22 at halftime and playing with 14 men for 20+ minutes as well as having two second rows called up after injuries sustained last week and losing their captain around half-time really shows the development this team has had over the last 12 months and how criminally underrated they are in ISA comp this year.
Within this Pats also played with 14 men part of the game and encountered an injury to outside backs and front rowers. The hamstring injury that the ref appeared to received force the ref who reffed the seconds game. For which stannies boys had prior said is a bit dodgy got subbed in to ref the second half. This forced multiple penalties to swing this way with pats errors not helping this either

RahRahRugby

Sydney Middleton (9)
RahRah's Sacred Tips - Round 4

Oakhill vs St Pius

Oakhill by 24

Kinross vs St Augustine's
Auggies by 21

St Stanislaus' vs St Gregs
Stannies by 24