• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ireland v Australia, Dublin, 16 Nov 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Stupid play by Fardy playing the ball on the ground, just gave away 3 points

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Wallabies dominance being negated by another ridiculously lopsided referee..at least 3 of the penalties against shouldn't have been, the last 3 points of the half by Ireland was preceded by a clear obstruction, and no-one seems to know what Hooper got binned for.

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
I hate it when teams are on (almost) even terms, with the one team not even having scored a try. Not that it's necessarily the penalty scoring team's fault, it just bugs me a bit

Then again what can a team do when the opposition flops all over the breakdown, especially between their 22 and the halfway line? Being an AB supporter I'm sure you don't count that, Richie would be retiring without that!

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
If we had any brains we'd re-commit to the rucks. First 10-15 it was the difference then we shift tactics and they're back in it.
It's not rocket surgery.

We're down a man, I can understand why we aren't going for the ball but its a fair point. And Rocket science*? Or Brain Surgery*? haha

So we're now at 9-3 on penalties. Pollock to even it up in the second half? Not even an fing warning for Hooper?

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Then again what can a team do when the opposition flops all over the breakdown, especially between their 22 and the halfway line? Being an AB supporter I'm sure you don't count that, Richie would be retiring without that!

I know, like I said, I don't hold it against the penalty scoring team. It just looks annoying on the scoreboard

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Some excellent link work by Cooper to Moore who ran a great line for Cummins try and by To'omua to Fardy who also ran a tremendous line for Hooper's 1st test try.

Wallabies have been required to make many more tackles and their defence has largely been solid. To'omua's come up with some important mid-field tackles.

Folau's been spectacular under the high ball but sometimes his options in attack put unnecessary pressure on the support.

A couple of minutes into the 2nd half & Hooper will be back. The Wallabies must reduce the needless penalties and the game is theirs.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pretty good first half, stupid penalties inside the Wallabies half costing us a bit.

How good has the Honey Badger been in regards to finishing tries? Sensational!

BabyBlueElephant

Darby Loudon (17)
Ireland seem to have communication issues, cost them a try and cost them to concede two as well. Shockingly poor, but clinical Australia. Thats something to note perhaps. When Northern teams play bad, they'll be all round bad. When Southern teams are in a bad or transition phase, they can still strike and punish you wherever and whenever.

Games on a knife edge. Ireland played poor against Samoa in the first and then pasted them with 30 points in the second half. Australia seem to be playing like the Brumbies more so than the Reds despite the halfback combo. Will they swap in the final 20?

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
I need to see a replay regarding the obstruction, but the YC seems pretty spot on to me. He stopped the recycling of the ball, clenching it with his legs, lying in the ruck
Couldn't agree more...way too active around the ball for somebody lying on the wrong side of the ball!! He shouldn't need to be warned - he's a Test player!!

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would love to see the Wallabies return to the intensity shown for the first 25 minutes. Ref Pollock not an Aussie favourite!!

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
We're down a man, I can understand why we aren't going for the ball but its a fair point. And Rocket science*? Or Brain Surgery*? haha

So we're now at 9-3 on penalties. Pollock to even it up in the second half? Not even an fing warning for Hooper?
I thought about that but Hooper has been playing wide on that left side so re-committing to the rucks actually responds to his absence.
Besides which it can't hurt it's not as if Hooper was really the difference at breakdown.
As for KOB1987 - hooper was sent for not getting away, playing the ball off his feet or something like that and it was spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.