• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

IRB U/20 Tournament and Oz Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tranquility

As Lee mentioned earlier, Fainga'a and Hooper would both be certain starters.

Aside from Fainga'a being captain, they're the two most experienced players in the squad after two seasons of Super rugby. They were also two of the standout Brumby forwards during the year.

Quirk would play 6, and Gill would be on the bench if he was still in the squad.

Yeah, I'm not certain of that. But horses for courses.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Team named to play Fiji.

15-1 Jacob Woodhouse, Damon Anderson, Tom Kingston, Simon Morahan, Kimami Sitauti, Ben Volavola, Ed Bredenhann, Jarrod Butler, Michael Hooper (c), Ted Postal, Luke Jones, Blake Enever, JP Pradaud, Siliva Siliva, Scott Sio. Reserves: Hugh Roach, Paul Alo-Emile, Greg Peterson, Ed Quirk, Matt Lucas, Bill Meakes, Rohan Saifoloi.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Interesting one tonite between the Bokkies & Ireland.
Bokkies:
Ulrich Beyers, Courtnall Skosan, Bradley Moolman, Francois Venter, Wandile Mjekevu, Johan Goosen, Lohan Jacobs, Arno Botha (c), Cornell du Preez, Nizaam Carr, Eben Etzebeth, Ruan Venter, John Roy Jenkinson, Micheal van Vuuren, Stephan Kotze.

Replacements: Bongi Mbonambi, Nic Schonert, Jean Cook, Siyamthanda Kolisi, Pieter Rademan, John Welthagen, Paul Jordaan.

Ireland
1 James Tracy 2 Niall Annett (C) 3 Tadhg Furlong 4 Michael Kearney 5 Daniel Qualter 6 Jordi Murphy 7 Aaron Conneely 8 Eoin McKeon 9 Kieran Marmion 10 James McKinney 11 Craig Gilroy 12 JJ Hanrahan 13 Brendan Macken 14 Andrew Conway 15 Tiernan O'Halloran
Replacements:16 David Doyle 17 Conor Carey 18 Iain Henderson 19 Dominic Gallagher 20 Peter Du Toit 21 Paddy Jackson 22 Luke Marshall

The Bokkies made 9 changes from the team that played Scotland in a game where I like the look of Kolisi & Skattie Etsebet's laaitie Eben. Johan Goosen is the kind of Naas type and can really kill a game off if you give him enough pill. Our pack for this one is 881 kgs compare to the Iere 849 kgs. Looking forward to see Bradley Moolman in midfield.

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Paarl,

How many of the junior Boks have Super 15 experience this year? Do you rate them as title contenders?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Paarl,

How many of the junior Boks have Super 15 experience this year? Do you rate them as title contenders?
Jaco Taute will fly over tonite. We also have our Ginga Kitshoff and Malherbe, Stormers fatties qualifying. Kitshoff is actually only 19 and still can play next year as a U20 player which is absolute freakish in rugby terms of fatties, even more in SA. A lot of them played in the Vodacom Cup.

They'll always in with a change, I really rate Dawie Theron high as a coach, he did wonders with Griquas, a smallies province in budget but big on heart.

W

waves

not even close, being playing 2nd grade at uni.

Tilse is playing 2nd grade at Sydney University yet they still give him a good run with the Waratahs dont be supprised with good performances on the paddock Eddie Bredenhann gets first crack.

Update results when possible thanks fellas.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
There seems to be a few 2nd grade uni players lately getting promoted to Super rugby ahead of their 1st grade counterparts...

T

tranquility

Well, you have one player who has impressed at Super rugby level and has a lot more experience at a higher level...

And then you have Gill...

So much logic, I don't know how I didn't think of it myself. Thanks mate

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
The Kiwis are absolutely demolishing Wales atm. 45-0 at HT.

Yeah, incredible in every facet. Great forward domination with counter rucking en masse and backs always creating chances just by going wide. That last try was beautiful

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I really wish they would show the Aus games, we only get one game against the French. I guess no one wants to watch Tonga and Fiji

Wonder if they'll reach 100

They'll get 150 at this rate actually

ugh oh Wales a yellow card

M

Maroon Army

The Welsh boys are embarrassing themselves with such petulant behavior off the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.