• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes Vs. Waratahs @ Wellington Round 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
When the power game works it is a thing of beauty. Palu and Skelton were both MOTM for me.

Not a fan of McCutcheon starting. Not enough accuracy at the breakdown and disrupted attacking patterns by mis reading where he should have been a few times.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Much better from the Waratahs - the forwards in particular after getting bashed by the Stormers last week.

They took their chances and the Hurricanes gave away 2 tries - the stupid grubber leading to Skelton's try and the intercept right on half time, add to that Ardie Savea's brain fart early on.
Waratahs had a few chances they didn't take too. I agree the Hurricanes' misses were the more egregious. Especially Ardie Savea - the ultimate coach-killer stuff-up.

Elfster

Alex Ross (28)
A great game. Played at a Kiwi intensity and speed. Could be a good omen for the Tahs. I was disappointed with Horne - an unusually quiet/ poor game. How good in Beauden Barret though. Surely he would be the Ab's first choice 5/8???

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Well done Waratahs.

On a side note Glen Jackson confirms why he is my least fav ref. Could someone show him the ruck and maul section of the law book.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Well done Waratahs.

On a side note Glen Jackson confirms why he is my least fav ref. Could someone show him the ruck and maul section of the law book.

I'm one of his biggest critics because he doesn't do laws, he's a spectator with a whistle. It works ok in a game like that because he just lets things go - the more he blows his whistle the more likely he is to make a mistake. It's in games like Reds v Brumbies a couple of years back where he is a disaster. Today's game suited his style.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Spectator with a whistle. That's the best description I've heard of his style.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
TJP showed tonight that even the best No 9s can have a dire game. No better than Nic White last week.

Best game in living memory from Cliff Palu. Well done Tahs.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
TJP showed tonight that even the best No 9s can have a dire game. No better than Nic White last week.

Best game in living memory from Cliff Palu. Well done Tahs.
To be fair, TJP was killing it until Cliffy knee'd his face off his head.

Despite him playing on, that would knock the wind out of anyone's sails. And he had to play on, the guy who replaced him for 10 minutes was out of his depth.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
To be fair, TJP was killing it until Cliffy knee'd his face off his head.

Despite him playing on, that would knock the wind out of anyone's sails. And he had to play on, the guy who replaced him for 10 minutes was out of his depth.
I thought it was Skelton's trailing boot that got him? I agree TJP was OK.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
I thought it was Skelton's trailing boot that got him? I agree TJP was OK.
You're right, it was Skelton. The boot sprigs made him bleed but he had really poor head position In the tackle and I reckon most of the damage was done by the knee to the head.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
You're right, it was Skelton. The boot sprigs made him bleed but he had really poor head position In the tackle and I reckon most of the damage was done by the knee to the head.
Palu then Skelton hitting your melon? Lucky to still have a head.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Hell I thought Jackson was ok tonight, hell he is the only ref I have seen penalise a team WITH the ball for not coming in the behind the ball carrier. Mind you after I heard him explaining how he (and most refs I assume) ref the breakdown, made for more understanding. I realise he was a bit soft on Tahs at times, but didn't think it was that bad.
Was interested to see they had a 9-10 combo going with one of the ARs, as Jamie Nutbrown was a halfback for BOP, same team as Jackson, but I think at different time. Think Nutbrown may of been a player in Crusaders at some stage, but don't quote me on either a memory maybe sending me false messages.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hell I thought Jackson was ok tonight, hell he is the only ref I have seen penalise a team WITH the ball for not coming in the behind the ball carrier. Mind you after I heard him explaining how he (and most refs I assume) ref the breakdown, made for more understanding. I realise he was a bit soft on Tahs at times, but didn't think it was that bad.
Was interested to see they had a 9-10 combo going with one of the ARs, as Jamie Nutbrown was a halfback for BOP, same team as Jackson, but I think at different time. Think Nutbrown may of been a player in Crusaders at some stage, but don't quote me on either a memory maybe sending me false messages.

He did ref the game well tonight - it suited his style and nothing he did impacted on the result.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Oh I agree he didn't influence the game. Still don't like his Refereeing.
He's a bit inconsistent and ad hoc. Missed the Canes LHP standing up twice, then penalised it. Just an example, I'm sure there were things he missed the other way too. Fast and loose games get by with him. But it doesn't mean he's accurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.