• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Highlanders, Rd 17, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
This thread is for discussing this match only

The Rules
  1. Do not give scores for any other match from this round until 24 hours after the last game!
  2. Do not discuss other matches in detail.
  3. Good hearted banter is encouraged but trolling is not allowed.
  4. Be respectful to posters, players, coaches and match officials.

Breaches of the rules will be handled by the Mod Team.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Milner-Skudder pushing his case for the possibly-vacant AB 14 jersey with some nice runs & an insaaaane try-assist. Clan are missing Smith, Smith & Fekitoa in every possible way, this could get ugly..............

Important for the Clan* to at least put up a decent fight as they're on track to be playing a SF v the 'canes in a few weeks time.................

* ditto the Chiefs next week.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Oh get stuffed. How about the fact that Thrush COMES STRAIGHT IN THE SIDE OF THE RUCK TO BEGIN WITH AND HOLDS ONTO A PLAYER ON THE GROUND?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
This is going to be a special score for Jerry.

Why does Jamie Joseph have to rest their big 3 at the same time rather than 1 per game? It's like he just throws away games.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^ they can't realistically win the Conf so provided they don't get thrashed tonight there's not that much damage done to their chances of finishing 4th (unless they also lose to the Bloos next week, of course).

Clan go back-to-back, should be 15-23 after the handbags-delayed conversion............ Fuck me he's missed it, 13-23, bad look for a bloke who wants to be an AB 10.............

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
^^^^^ they can't realistically win the Conf so provided they don't get thrashed tonight there's not that much damage done to their chances of finishing 4th (unless they also lose to the Bloos next week, of course).

I say bollocks to that. Highlanders only 9 points behind. Hurricanes last two games, the Highlanders and Chiefs. They could have realistically lost both and only picked up 1 point while we just needed to beat them and the Blues with some bonus points.

Given one of the home teams will always win the playoffs it would have been completely worth it.

Not gonna happen now though...

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^ FWIW Id probably have rested S,S&F next week as well but I'm guessing Joseph is the kinda guy who plays the odds rather than going all-in for the big jackpot.......... like 98% of other pro rugby coaches :) it's all about picking the battles you believe you can win & making sure you do, innit?

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Still it's like he just throws his biggest away games of the year.

Yeah, got dusted by the Brumbies and their 'mauls', getting smacked now. Should have rested them separately I reckon. He threw it out this week "at least they'll be rested for the finals". That'll be no good playing them all away though.

Highlanders back line is completely on the back foot defensively. They're not pushing up. Fekitoa would be good for that. Also you can't drop off easy tackles like they are. Would actually be within earshot on the scoreboard if Sopoaga brought his kicking boots with him.

Highlanders not up for it tonight. Stuff you Hurricanes! (until you play someone else...)

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's not just the impact the big 3 make, mentally it would weaken the side, knowing the coach has pretty much said well I don't expect you to win so..

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
^true.

Gee, iffy try there. (Banks)

Abysmal defense. They look like a completely different side the Highlanders.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^ Mount Crawford Polynesian basketball jailbreak (with apologies to @Dismal Pillock).

@ACR like most folks I've claimed the Clan as my 2nd team (Dad being born in Gore & all) but even I can see they're copping a good old-fashioned thrashing, Dickensian-era schoolboy styles, so bend over, touch your toes, close your eyes & count to six.............

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
^^^^^^^^^ Mount Crawford Polynesian basketball jailbreak (with apologies to @Dismal Pillock).

@ACR like most folks I've claimed the Clan as my 2nd team (Dad being born in Gore & all) but even I can see they're copping a good old-fashioned thrashing, Dickensian-era schoolboy styles, so bend over, touch your toes, close your eyes & count to six.....

I'm aware. I guess for a game to score 1 point a minute, old school dodge ruckwork is the go. Long may it last.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
Please Mr Hurricane Sir? Can we have 1 more try?

oliver-please-sir-may-we-have-some-more.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.