• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Hurricanes v Chiefs, Rd 14, 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
It was an amazing call given the ref et al were standing staring calmly at a replay of it on the big screen and somehow missed the 10 metre wide lummox not only off his feet but lying completely flat on the ground, out of the game, casually having an interfering fiddle down there. How can the TMO not step in and say "um, Glen, you blind c**t, you, me, the whole stadium, and everyone around the world are all looking at exactly the same obvious illegality in super slow-mo. The game is virtually tied. It's the 80th minute. These are the top 2 teams in the comp. I recommend not fucking this one up."

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Well, that was close as I suspected it would be. Geez Chiefs didn't give up did they?? I personally thought that Damian McKenzie looks like he should be getting the starting jersey at 10 for Chiefs. That fella with the deadlocks at 12 for the Canes seems to be playing pretty reasonable rugby doesn't he? Anyway I still happy, thought perhaps there could well of been penalty for Chiefs at end, hell but thought the YC was soft too, and also thought Nonu probably should of been awarded try where TMO called a knock on, so enough things to keep everyone talking and the good guys are still on top, so all is goiod in my world!!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
afb69864-bb8c-4e0e-908d-c83489588420_zpsmlqv45bf.jpg

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
ha, I soon forget what pics I have and havent posted so was lookign at posterity dumping down there, maybe i should just post the lot there? ps i could sit here all day milking this narrative

c99b0f5b-d651-4ce2-bbf1-56b5a7313432_zps4ukjvc83.jpg

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Also thought Nonu's non-awarded try was legitimate. Commentary to the effect of not controlling the ball is way off the mark as I understand. The important issue is if there is downward pressure when the ball hits the ground and imo there was.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
If it weren't for his past AB deeds, Corey Jane wouldn't be even getting a look in this year.
Milner-Skudder can kick and seems to be able to take the high ball. He'll definitely be an AB next year.
Nonu is awesome.
Weber was very good apart from one sprayed pass.
Not convinced Ardie Savea is what the selectors will ever want in tighter games at test level.

This Canes side can definitely be beaten though.
The Stormers, Tahs and now Chiefs have shown their forwards can be dominated.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
But would it have mattered? They would've taken a scrum probably and got one anyway.
Well, given the location, a yellow card for foul play would have been on the table, and the Canes scrum might have had one less.
In a weekend of some truly baffling officiating, this was truly a game-changer in all likelihood.
Anyway, all hypothetical now, but it was a really dud call.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
It was an amazing call given the ref et al were standing staring calmly at a replay of it on the big screen and somehow missed the 10 metre wide lummox not only off his feet but lying completely flat on the ground, out of the game, casually having an interfering fiddle down there. How can the TMO not step in and say "um, Glen, you blind c**t, you, me, the whole stadium, and everyone around the world are all looking at exactly the same obvious illegality in super slow-mo. The game is virtually tied. It's the 80th minute. These are the top 2 teams in the comp. I recommend not fucking this one up."
This. Hoffmann was quite awful in the Tahs / Sharks game, no mistake, and made many calls on the fly which were poor, but they all got to look at this one several times, and still bolloxed it up.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Wouldn't surprise me if Goodes gets some time for the incident WOB, I not convinced he hit into Allardice's leg with malice, but hedrove into ruck with his shoulder and hit his leg, so I suppose he may have to be done for dangerous (ie clumsy at least) play.

Status
Not open for further replies.