• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HSBC Sevens - Round 8, Singapore

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

galumay

Well that was a turn up for the books! The NZ nemesis, France, flogged the Kiwis 24-0.

G

galumay

Must be wierd playing in an air con stadium! Helps with the sinkers humidity i guess.

G

galumay

Aussies downed by the Argies, probably a bit unlucky to lose but paid the price of too much fiddlying around and didnt have enough of a buffer.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Chucky had a poor game and most of the rest of them looked like they were playing 7s for the first time. Very poor performance all round.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Are tge pools picked fresh each tournament? Seems like we are always playing arg and same for the french and all blacks

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Winner, Runner up, 3rd and 4th go in pools A-D respectively.

Then one team from each pot of 5-8, 9-12, 13-15 and guest goes into the pool, all based on the results of the previous tournament.

G

galumay

aussies lucky to win against the Japanese, Japs had a try disallowed that was actually a try just on half time, a draw probably would have been the fair outcome but the scoreboard says aussies won 17-12

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Why do you think that was a fair try just before half-time?

The match officials and I all disagree.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
France go through to the QF unbeaten, we have to beat the Seotics to join them. Pretty sure we've never failed to make the Cup QF.

EDIT: and as I type it, caption on TV confirms it.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
If the in-goal were even 300mm deeper that would've been a sensational try for Perry Baker.

FT: NZ 19-12 USA!USA!USA! So we're into the Cup QF v Sethfricka. Yay.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Actually, if Samoa dispose of Portugal (as they should) & Ringinland tip Fiji over then it's Straya v Ringinland & Argentina v Samoa. I now know NZ have never failed to make the Cup but have Fiji? Surely not.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Cup QF:
Fiji v Australia
South Africa v New Zealand
Argentina v Samoa
France v Kenya

Bowl QF:
England v Wales
Scotland v Canada
Japan v Portugal
USA v Russia

G

galumay

Why do you think that was a fair try just before half-time?

The match officials and I all disagree.

Because it was clear and obvious he was not in touch, foot never landed although it was over the line. Had they gone to the video ref it would have been awarded.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Bit of awful refereeing in the Scotland game. Blake makes the tackle and goes for the steal, tackled player tosses it up and hits Blake's hands, going backwards. Somehow that's a yellow card for offside.

T

TOCC

Crowds have been poor in Singapore, I imagine the Singapore Government offered some generous incentives to host a leg of the tournament, but if the crowds aren't turning up then it's hard to justify keeping it there. South Korea may be a better option for hosting a leg then Singapore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.