• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

HIGHLANDERS V FORCE - R6, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Naa boyo, just a kiwi who thought the Force played as well as they could and were probably unlucky not to be a little closer, or maybe the Clan were a touch lucky to be that far ahead, take your pick mate ;)

M

Moono75

Well at least we can look forward to beating the Tahs in couple of weeks.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Naa boyo, just a kiwi who thought the Force played as well as they could and were probably unlucky not to be a little closer, or maybe the Clan were a touch lucky to be that far ahead, take your pick mate ;)

Yeh one of there better games for the Force and actually could watch the full 80mins as a result as they gave a more 80 min performance than there previous 60min efforts. At least heading in the right direction improvement wise.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Its a factor because thats the rule, severity is affected by whether the landing is on the head, shoulder or the arm. The player on the ground clearly caused the tipping action and hence the refs came to the correct conclusion given the context.

Still he was lucky, could well have been YC'd if the refs had not communicated as well as they did.

Yes....and also given a warning....agree with thoughts though on player safety as this has to be paramount around all of this.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Hats off to the Force for their doggedness and never-say-die attitude in extra time there. So typical for a Force performance, promising to break the shackles at times but some face-palm play at times. Geez I reckon they could be a pretty good team with Foley coaching the pigs and someone creative steering the ship.

I think you nailed it. As foley so forwards oriented....who is backs coach for the Force?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I think you nailed it. As foley so forwards oriented..who is backs coach for the Force?

Dunno. Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?
They absolutely killed a couple of solid gold attacking opportunities when McCalman, then Tessman both just went straight into contact and to ground with good support around them and overlap potentials. OK, they're forwards, but if you watch Kiwi forwards in general, most are adept at continuing a break-out movement, not killing it. I'm not crapping on these players per se; some of this is instinct for the game, but most of it is what is done in training. The Force have been great at ball retention play for a while, but these are the opportunities they need to turn into points, rather than hoping 23 phases of pick and go will crack the egg. So frustrating to watch, because they really deserved at least a BP if not more from that game, and some smarter play probably would have got it. And alas, as a Tahs fan, I have seen this problem before.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yeah it's a common refrain. The boys play hard and are trying their guts out, but their attacking patterns of play aren't asking enough questions of the defence. Something needs to change there.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Hats off to the Force for their doggedness and never-say-die attitude in extra time there. So typical for a Force performance, promising to break the shackles at times but some face-palm play at times. Geez I reckon they could be a pretty good team with Foley coaching the pigs and someone creative steering the ship.

You could have posted this comment after any match that any Michael Foley coached team played.:)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Much better. Kicked a bit to much. As I've said before Morohan helps us a heap and we didn't fall away to much in the wet 20. Good performance I'm happy. Highlanders played poorly though.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.