• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Wallaby Player of the Year v Boks (RWC QF)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
3.Pocock
2.O'Connor
1. Elsom

Must say im surprised that so many people had Elsom and Vicks in their top three. Yes they were great around the field but the line-out, which is their domain, complete fell apart so I cant put either of them on a pedestal.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think pretty much all our forwards can cop blame for the lineout. Throws weren't high enough, timing was off, and it was far too predictable (the Springboks pretty much always knew were the ball was going).

Vickerman was immense in the first half. He forced several errors and turnovers with his physicality in the rucks. Elsom had a huge workrate too.

Sorry for making a comment in a thread that is just meant for voting.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
3. Pocock
2. Vickerman
1. McCabe

Anyone giving someone other than Pocock 3 points is insane. I can't remember seeing a better performance in a pressure situation by an Australian player. We had our backs to the wall for 75% of that game and again and again it was Pocock who stopped the wall from being taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.