• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

G&GR Fantasy Super Rugby 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Still sitting on 401 after adjustments keep see-sawing me around 400, with a huge 1 point to come in from Dagg off the bench (for Poki).

The joys of injuries. I have Thomson, Piutau, Dagg and Poki all injured so far, plus Beale needs to be subbed out for the Tahs (plus Sharks, Force) on a bye (along with Sykes or Franco vdM if Franco is bloody well benched again). I think I might regret having played my wildcard thanks to all those injuries...if any player in my team is now rested I am boned. I am praying that Poki will be playing next week at the moment.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I am pretty screwed this week by the sounds of it. I already have four players from the 'Tahs, Force and the Sharks. Plus Thomson, Dagg and Poki. I've already used my Wildcard.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I am pretty screw this week by the sounds of it. I already have four players from the 'Tahs, Force and the Sharks. Plus Thomson, Dagg and Poki. I've already used my Wildcard.

I'm with you matty. Thompson, Dagg, Kepu, JOC (James O'Connor) and Poki (5) all have to be transferred this week and that's after subbing everyone I can. After very carefully planning for the next three weeks injuries have left me totally screwed. My run-on team has hot and cold players like Lam, Chisholm, Eberson and Mackintosh. I've got two Cheetahs the week they play the Saders. It has all definitely gone to custard.

Even head to head I got overtaken at the last minute and am currently 6th out of 8 after two close losses.

Nusadan

Chilla Wilson (44)
Now, when one thinks about it...we are all facing what the Super 15 coaches go thru as the season nears its end...have limited means to replace the players in an ever increasing injury list...

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
Now, when one thinks about it...we are all facing what the Super 15 coaches go thru as the season nears its end...have limited means to replace the players in an ever increasing injury list...

Would make a pretty interesting game if we were to choose a 30man squad at the start of the season, instead of the weekly transfers.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Would make a pretty interesting game if we were to choose a 30man squad at the start of the season, instead of the weekly transfers.

It would be awesome!!! Only allowed too it if you have lots of injuries like the force have had too the last two years.

Go the force!!!!

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Next three rounds will be huge, mainly because of the 9 teams with the bye but also the injuries to major players. There are no obvious choices in a number of positions, specifically inside and outside backs.

At the moment I am looking to bring in Guildford for Dagg, Lealiifano for Beale, Messam for Thomson and Bekker for Sharpe.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
What's the head to head comp?

I replaced Dagg with Freuan (intend to sub out next week, I reckon that SBW and Freuan will do a number on the Cheetahs' midfield). Tempted to bring in Masaga for Payne as well; I reckon Payne won't score well at fullback, but I don't have the available subs.

Anyone know how long Poki is out for?

If all my other backrowers are fit and starting, I think I'll sub Thomson for Alberts, even though he's on a bye. I was thinking of bringing in Delve for a week, but reckon he will struggle in the high veldt against the Bulls.

I'm at a complete loss at the moment with who to sub for Beale in my inside backs. Cruden looked like a cheap bet, but playing in Otago in likely windy, wet conditions? Don't think so. Guess I could risk Cruden for Piutau and shunt Beale to the bench for a week to cover the bye. Otherwise Dan Carter if he's back, or Morne Steyn against the Rebs could kick a few. I guess apart from Beale I will be stuck with Gits (who I intend to keep anyway) and Doppies (who I wanted to sub, but like Beale, have no idea for).

Plus I am sweating on bloody John Mitchell not resting Whiteley or Doppies, and bringing Franco vdM back to the starting side.

With 3 subs left for the week I am fucked if some bastard coach decides he wants to rest a few of the players in my Fantasy team.

Oh, and I got 1 point for the auto-sub of Dagg for Poki. Go me!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reckon Messam and Alberts will be the top scorers in the backrow with Thomson gone.

Lealiifano...didn't even think of him.

And, as much as I hate to say it, the Reds' recent defensive troubles (well, vs the Canes) have been out wide. If the Blues get it out there, Ranger or Rok could get some good points, as could maybe Payne if he stayed at 13.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Lealiifano appeals to me because he is cheapish (270k) and the Brumbies have already had both of their byes. In good form, regularly clocking 30ish, some fairly winnable games coming home.

Morne could be a good safe choice though, but he is pricy. Carter would be the obvious, but will he play? And if he does will they give him 80?

Poki will be back after the bye next week.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I think it might be a safe bet to keep a backup on the bench for Poki, just in case.

edit: I have SBW, Payne, Fruean. Think I will be putting Payne to the bench as he struggled to inject himself from fullback.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
great that poki is playing as i might be forced to go with him. hopefully he makes it on the pitch this time.

and to add to the transfer misery most of us are having, whitely of the lions is benched and doppies was unnamed so injured or rested i guess. that hurts big time!

but franco vdm is back at lock as a consolation prize....

Reactions: Ash

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
great that poki is playing as i might be forced to go with him. hopefully he makes it on the pitch this time.

and to add to the transfer misery most of us are having, whitely of the lions is benched and doppies was unnamed so injured or rested i guess. that hurts big time!

but franco vdm is back at lock as a consolation prize....

Whitely benched???? Now the best I can do is have 13 scoring players, 14 if Poki makes it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.