• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Free to air Super Rugby coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Just checked the program (in Briso at least) and Channel 9's highlights package of Round 1 is at midnight on Tuesday night.

Awesome.....:angryfire:

Scotty

David Codey (61)
I don't understand why they would even bother producing it then? Surely they aren't going to get a return when they are playing it that late?

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Does anyone know if this would count towards their local content quota. If so it is a joke.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Does anyone know if this would count towards their local content quota. If so it is a joke.

it certainly counts towards local content. and its actually better than rebranding an american program with a host so credit to them there for showing it at all.

i would have thought with league starting in two weeks, that they would have at least given it a sunday afternoon, but i guess that fox probably dont have it edited by then.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Trust me... it wouldn't take very long to cut back something and air it on a Sunday afternoon...

Channel 9 has no serious interest in the rugby...

Most of the country will still receive delayed telecasts for tests... living in Melbourne I'm worried that they won't even show the RWC live...

The mungo game is their priority, and they're in the process of trying to get back at least one AFL match...

We all would've been better off if Ten had of got the rights... especially because of their OneHD channel...

I seem to recall Ten even offered more money...

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Nine buying the rights was about RWC and RWC only. This is nothing but a token gesture. As if they were ever going to do more.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Trust me... it wouldn't take very long to cut back something and air it on a Sunday afternoon...

Channel 9 has no serious interest in the rugby...

Most of the country will still receive delayed telecasts for tests... living in Melbourne I'm worried that they won't even show the RWC live...

The mungo game is their priority, and they're in the process of trying to get back at least one AFL match...

We all would've been better off if Ten had of got the rights... especially because of their OneHD channel...

I seem to recall Ten even offered more money...

i work in television, and trust me, you dont want OneHD to have the rights to anything. only a very small percentage of the country has digital channels yet ane there is also the fact that the packer buy out of ten may see One closed down sooner than later as its expensive to run for very little return compared to cahnnels like Mate and Go.

nine will have to show the test matches live due to the law, it will lose them if it doesnt. it isnt going to get the afl back and it has never shown a league game on a saturday night in years. this fills out the weekend for them nicely and completes there aim of having the world cup. its a good deal to be on nine and the fact that they will discuss it ont he footy show and nine news may mean alot of mungo veiwers give it a go which is actually a good thing.

T

TOCC

I would wait a few days before getting too carried away, the tv stations change there programming week to week, its probably just a generic timeslot until programming is finalised

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
Sadly this is an hour more than 7 has shown for years, unless my remote control button pressing has declined so much that I missed something.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Just checked the program (in Briso at least) and Channel 9's highlights package of Round 1 is at midnight on Tuesday night.

Awesome.....:angryfire:

Hahah. That's brilliant. Fuck I hate Nine.

If you're IQ is over 100 and you support Rugby Union it really isn't the place for you.

It's nothing but a big advertising bilboard with some rugby league thrown in.

Nine "News". Yeah right. Crack me up fellas.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
i work in television, and trust me, you dont want OneHD to have the rights to anything. only a very small percentage of the country has digital channels yet ane there is also the fact that the packer buy out of ten may see One closed down sooner than later as its expensive to run for very little return compared to cahnnels like Mate and Go.

nine will have to show the test matches live due to the law, it will lose them if it doesnt. it isnt going to get the afl back and it has never shown a league game on a saturday night in years. this fills out the weekend for them nicely and completes there aim of having the world cup. its a good deal to be on nine and the fact that they will discuss it ont he footy show and nine news may mean alot of mungo veiwers give it a go which is actually a good thing.

I also work in television...

Channel 7 never showed the test matches live where I currently live...

Due to the auction process regarding the AFL 9 will most likely get at least one game from next year sharing with 7, 10 and Foxtel...

While there are the rumours circulating of Packer wanting to shut down OneHD they're nothing more than rumours at this stage...

And most of the country has digital access...

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
It amazes me that so many tv networks want the AFL. It rates pretty poorly during the regular season, everyone goes to the games instead, it's just not a television sport. As for channel 9 displaying super rugby at 12am, there needs to be something that shows nine it will work to have it on FTA in the long term. Perhaps a world cup win would do the trick.

Rugby is certainly on the up now though...

vidiot

John Solomon (38)
I also work in television...

Channel 7 never showed the test matches live where I currently live...

Due to the auction process regarding the AFL 9 will most likely get at least one game from next year sharing with 7, 10 and Foxtel...

While there are the rumours circulating of Packer wanting to shut down OneHD they're nothing more than rumours at this stage...

And most of the country has digital access...

Slim, there's something wrong with your full stop key. I'm worried it's contagious, and you caught it from this guy:

Playin NZ team`s are know B games ... has beens know that... puting up is about the now 2011 Rugby season not last years footage....... Who will be in that end season Wallabies RWC team thats the ? ................. Robbie would have spoken to selected players in the Mixs... Gits will know wots required of him.... Theres and old rugby saying the team that starts the season may not be the team that finishes the season. Go the Wallabies....

Talk about a fucking outbreak, now spikhaza has it!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It amazes me that so many tv networks want the AFL. It rates pretty poorly during the regular season, everyone goes to the games instead, it's just not a television sport. As for channel 9 displaying super rugby at 12am, there needs to be something that shows nine it will work to have it on FTA in the long term. Perhaps a world cup win would do the trick.

Rugby is certainly on the up now though...

AFL advertising revenue = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.