• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Form Oz Super Rugby Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Roughly, not quite 100% on a few positions:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Hodgson (I wouldn't play him at 6 for the Wallabies, but I had to find room for another classy backrower with the other Oz 6s just not good enough)
7. Pocock
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell (might not have played much, but was a standout before injury and I don't think anyone has played better throughout the year... Morahan maybe the closest?)
12. Giteau
13. Fainga'a (Oz really light on form 13s right now)
14. Ioane
15. Beale

G

GC

Roughly, not quite 100% on a few positions:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Horwill
5. Sharpe
6. Hodgson (I wouldn't play him at 6 for the Wallabies, but I had to find room for another classy backrower with the other Oz 6s just not good enough)
7. Pocock
8. Samo
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Mitchell (might not have played much, but was a standout before injury and I don't think anyone has played better throughout the year... Morahan maybe the closest?)
12. Giteau
13. Fainga'a (Oz really light on form 13s right now)
14. Ioane
15. Beale

Mitchell's form was that good I thought seriously about putting him in too. Could easily have been S15 player of the season if he didn't get injured. Giteau was consistant and good all year, but I think he was almost always at 10, wasn't he? I guess he was listed at 10 but actually played 12 in quite a few games.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Kepu
4. Sharpe
5. Horwill
6. Mowen
7. Robinson
8. McCalman
9. Genia
10. Cooper
12. JOC (James O'Connor)
13. Delit
11. Mitchell
14. Ioane
15. Beale

16. TPN
17. Slipper
18. Wykes
19. Pocock
20. Dennis/Samo
21. Phipps
22. Lucas

The big factor for me is that there was little stability in 12 and 13 all year for the Oz Super sides, except Carter at the Tahs and he is solid and dependable only and likewise Fainga'a at the Reds. IMO the Rebels leaked like a sieve in the midfield making Gerrard, Huxley, Morts virtually unpickable for form, Horne essentially missed the whole season, Cross played poorly in most games (though last night was one of the best I have seen him play). So IMO JOC (James O'Connor) did enough in his few games at 12 to get him the nod and likewise Delit, though I could easily be convinced of the merits of McAbe here. A pity Harris was injured, he could have made a real shot at 12.

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) no matter what position he played had a very contained and you could say average, for him, season. He didn't play poorly over all but really he had very little impact on games.

5:2 split again as I favour and have taken into account coverage of all positions.

farva

Vay Wilson (31)
Timani not there is a farce.

I dont believe that Timani has been one of the best two locks over the super rugby season in Australia.
Which one of Sharpe or Horwill would you drop to include Timani? I cant see the justification for dropping either, but then I havent seen that much of Timani this season to make a decent comment.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Timani has been decent but the two best are pretty obvious - Horwill and Sharpe....Then there are a few possibilities for a bench spot (simmons, pyle, wykes, timani)...Simmons would edge out the others imo.

Would like to see Timani played at no.8 as an experiment. He has the size and he's a good ballrunner.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Timani has been decent but the two best are pretty obvious - Horwill and Sharpe....Then there are a few possibilities for a bench spot (simmons, pyle, wykes, timani)...Simmons would edge out the others imo.

Would like to see Timani played at no.8 as an experiment. He has the size and he's a good ballrunner.

His brother, Lopeti plays #8.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
*Boom Tish*

If the team was selected from the last few weeks then Timani should be there but this is from the whole season.

Status
Not open for further replies.