• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force vs Stormers, Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
JJJ said:
Blue said:
JJJ said:
If the ref for this match is an Aussie he should be bloody nervous, because every call (or lack thereof) will be presumed biased until proven innocent. Heaven help him if the Stormers lose!

What the fuck are you on about?

Anyway. I predict the Stormers to win this at a canter. They will play an expansive game that the Force will have no answers for and the Force can't score tries.

I'm saying that many Saffas (especially their rugby news websites) and some kiwis are on a bit of a warpath at the moment about Australian refs. Specifically, they believe that Aussie refs are both incompetent and favour the Aussie sides. Ever since Paul Marks' non-penalty try it's been a feature of most post-match articles. I'm referring specifically to rugby365.com and keo, but I'm sure if I had a look at some of the others it'd be there too. If the heavily-favoured Stormers lose to the Force under an Aussie ref that will be seen as irrefutable proof that our refs are crooked. I can't see it happening, but if it does just you watch.
Well we Saffers is so use to this. We have the most refs in the S14 and we are use to that kind of critics, not to mention the name Kaplan around here, even worse. Joubert , who will handle the Brutes vs Blues match I have fears he'll favour the Blues just for that same reason.

Made peace with DickHeadSon and will only blame the Stormers players if they dont adobt to his rulings, thats the secret. Mistakes there will be in all the matches from the refs, as a surpporter you can only ask for consistency, nothing more.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Stormers – 15 Gio Aplon, 14 Sireli Naqelevuki, 13 Jaque Fourie, 12 Tim Whitehead, 11 Bryan Habana, 10 Peter Grant, 9 Ricky Januarie, 8 Duane Vermeulen, 7 Francois Louw, 6 Schalk Burger (c), 5 Andries Bekker, 4 De Kock Steenkamp, 3 Brok Harris, 2 Tiaan Liebenberg, 1 JC Kritzinger.
Subs: 16 Deon Fourie, 17 Eusebio Guinazu, 18 Anton van Zyl, 19 Pieter Louw, 20 Dewaldt Duvenage, 21 Willem de Waal, 22 Frikkie Welsh.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Paarl

Best defence in the Super 14 (Stormers) v the worst attack in the Super 14 (Force).

Stormers by 15.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Wish I was that confident. :nta: Cant understand the pick of Pie Eater in 9?? ::) look like de Jongh is still not ready.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Geez it's frustrating to watch the Force - they play well, then just some rubbish to gift the Stormers another chance. Blown some really nice opportunities with ball in hand where the pass needed to be thrown. Kicking in general play has been woeful. JOC (James O'Connor)'s goal-kicking a bit dusty too. They should win this - Stormers are well off their game.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Sorry, what I meant to say is the Stormers are clearly still on the plane - they are awful (for them).

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Surprised they would opt for goal from 50 into the wind - kick it to the corner, go for an infringement closer.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
OMG - the Force WIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNN, we have out-Saffered the Saffers with a droppie!!!!!

Jethro Tah

Bob Loudon (25)
Pocock & Hodgson, dynamic duo. HUGE difference with a full strength pack on the park. I like a very efficient O'Young at 9, Sheehan you can have the rest of the year off.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Force deserved the win, despite trying hard to lose it. Missed some very kickable goals. The Stormers were, in all honesty (and even PaarlBok will have to concede this) pretty poor. They too had their chances, and threw some dire final passes on several occasions. And yet they looked to have it won until the death.
It was not a pretty game, but exciting nonetheless. I'm happy for the Force to get one. Well done for sticking at it.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
full marks to the replacement hooker too, his throws were good and he made a few metres too. Looks like a find if they can keep him off the Brumbys

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Paris Tah said:
Pocock & Hodgson, dynamic duo. HUGE difference with a full strength pack on the park. I like a very efficient O'Young at 9, Sheehan you can have the rest of the year off.
To be fair to the Angry One, he has played pretty well at times this year. O'Young has been good the past 2 weeks (not as good this week as last), but Sheehan worthy enough too.
Pocock made a difference. Hodgson below his previous form this year but still good.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
what, didn't everyone pick the Force?

Would be sitting on 2 from 2 if Kaplan wasn't such a fluffybunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.