• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force vs Stormers @ Perthfontein

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Why does it always piss down when we play the Stormers. Last time we played them at NIB it was biblical. Beers lasted twice as long because the rain was filling them up again as quick as you could drink them.

I remember watching Dave Harvey throw the simplest intercept into Habanas bread basket, he crossed the line and then knocked it on in the act of try scoring, but the rain was so bad the refs missed it.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Thank fuck were not playing a kiwi side. It'd be a combined NZ v Aus score line of 300 - 40 for the round.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Not what you call conditions for running rugby
a0cb10effe6ed85bffa2b5a7e7e56472.jpg

Interesting watching the warm up there is much more contact

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Backs contact/ruck drill. Forwards doing something similar but less pads. Coach differences showing through

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Ryan lawrens just had to run back 80m to get his mouthguard as Lance knocks over 3

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Fucking commentator muppets trying to argue that taking a player out in the air isn't a YC?

It's been like that for 2 years. The precedent is set. Next they'll be advocating the reintroduction of white Australia policy.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Stormers winger just knocked himself out running under Brache catching an high ball and got himself a yellow card in the process.

Force have also lost Cotral with concussion. (And I can't spell player names)

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Been a while since I have seen two stretchers in five minutes

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Stormers winger just knocked himself out running under Brache catching an high ball and got himself a yellow card in the process.

Force have also lost Cotral with concussion. (And I can't spell player names)

It's OK, Horan, Hoiles and Maloney are arguing passionately it shouldn't have been a YC.

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Force out enthusing the Stormers. Last couple of mins we have had Godwin charge down a 22 then force an error and Walton scrag the 9 on a Shorter defensive line out 5m out. Shame about the execution in attack

D-Box

Cyril Towers (30)
Anyone k of what the actual report was there and why they didn't go to the TMO?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I walked away from this game wet, cold and depressed tonight. I need to take a break from elite level rugby for a while because it's draining my will to live. I love the game itself as passionately as I ever have but I think I'll enjoy standing up on the hill at McGillivray Oval watching my boys from Uni run around a lot more than any Australian top level team right now.

I've got tickets for the Argentina game, good ones too, but I just don't know if I can be fucked putting myself through it.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Stormers score 2 twice in the first half from ovious and bad knock ons. Then we finally get a run at the try line from the reserve prop and the stormers don't release him and flip the ball back. Should of been a yellow card and instead nothing. Bloody unlucky calls in this game and bad goal kicking made this score line miles different to what it Should of been. We were working through the night. Terrible weather in Perth and weekend. If the force took their chances and those terrible knock ons were picked up the score could of been 12 16 to the force. We never seen to have much luck.

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

ForceFan

Chilla Wilson (44)
The normal Ruck Involvement stats from the Stormers game.

Remember:
1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

2016-07-12_20-02-28.jpg

Ruck Involvements over Time

2016-07-12_20-04-05.jpg

Comments:

1. Excellent rucking effort by Guy Millar (2TOW).
2. Big step-up by Chris Alcock. Add to this Ruck work his 18 Tackles plus 2 Turn Overs Won (TOW).
3. Impressive ruck efforts by Richard H (2TOW), Ross H-P and Harry S.
4. Quieter than normal rucking effort by Stander.
5. Best efforts by Backs:
+ Brache - 21 Total - (19 Attack/2 Defence)
+ DHP - 15T - (11A/4D)
+ Godwin - 13T - (13A/0D)
6. Dane H-P still carried for 97m against some tough opposition.
7. No other ball carriers made any impact.

Status
Not open for further replies.