• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force v Hurricanes Super Rugby R3 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Lee, brilliant as you are, your gentlemanly implied tolerance of poor coaching is sometimes notable.

Take your analysis above. RG was for two full years 'skills' and backline coach for our national team, and this distinction is (apparently) what won him the promotion to S15 coach in Perth. He has been over-sighting the Force backs in all of training, selection, recruitment and sacking potential for well over 12 months.

Is it thus not a very reasonable expectation that by now we'd see a major improvement in the Force's backs, their execution and sustained tactical capacity, and a few more competent new recruits and selections? And, btw to your good point re the repetition in 2012 of last year's proven failures of Force game plans, improvements in general game plans as well?

RH, I think you might be right on the money.

You know how much that hurts to say, right?

:D

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I enjoy the successes of any Aussie team Daz, but the Force are my posse -- through thick and thin (mostly thin!). Thank you for the kind offer though ;)

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
The Forces problem is they have not developed at all, they have in fact gone backwards.

And making Pocock front up to the camera after everly lilly livered performance instead of Sharpe can not be considered a development.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
But as the other supporters have mentioned, i'll be there through thick and thin. The Force flag is still flying outside my house like it has for the last 3 years. But RG either has to make some magic happen or GTFO.

W

Waylon

The Force fan base is well established.

The rugby community is well entrenched and starved of top line rugby.

The sporting media is dominated by AFL

The rugby community is desperate for rugby and will follow a team whether it struggles or not.......we love having professional rugby in an AFL heartland. Those brought up on rugby........ ie half of Perth these days can't stand that aerial ping pong

The media have done the Force no favours. The Force have done their fans no favours by trying to promote the sport in the media better

......like an earlier post, thank GOD for "The Rugby Club"

bottom line........the fans will be patriotic. But they prefer a better rugby brand than the sh1te being dished up under RG.

The strategies and team patterns and attacking mentality come from the top. (RG) Quite frankly, it is unwatchable

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Young Turner is fit right? Time to give him a start?

Hell you could put Stannard at fullback, if they wanted to keep him in the side. But a halves combo of Turner and Seymore could add some spark

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Turner is fit and came off the bench. He had a shocker unfortunately, but I think he's the future in that position and so is worth persisting with. Seymour hasn't looked out of place either, he should get a start next week.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
It's probably not a bad idea bringing in seymour and turner. I think the reason we loose so often is because we are so fucking predictable. Teams know how to beat us. We need to change the structure of out attack. Someone like QC (Quade Cooper) would be brilliant over here. JOC (James O'Connor) was good for us and helped us win games or come close because he isn't predictable.

I would love to see the force start to just go fucking mad. Make decisions like quick taps instead of going for 3 points. Just do shit that teams aren't going to see coming.

Http://www.youtube.com/shiggins316

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, the attack has been pretty one-dimensional for two seasons now. New ideas can't hurt, because at this point the old ones sure haven't worked.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
You know I was just discussing with a mate about game and I said although I a Canes man (where I come from) I could of put up with Force winning -for their fans- and I glad to say what I read here from TBH, Shigs and waylon etc I see no reason than to change my mind, you gents are what I like true supporters even when team struggling. And being a Canes man I know feeling :confused:

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Would Stannard 9, Turner 10, Seymour 12 be better?

Seymour has shown some promise from what I have seen. Haven't seen much of turner, but surely RG needs to try something...

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
Would Stannard 9, Turner 10, Seymour 12 be better?

Seymour has shown some promise from what I have seen. Haven't seen much of turner, but surely RG needs to try something...
I would love to see 9) Turner 10) Seymour 12) Mafi. I think Mafi would make a good 12 only thing I'm not sure of is his defense. But this will never happen with RG at the helm the bloke still thinks JOC (James O'Connor) is a winger and nothing else he said so during one if the podcasts. (one of the reasons I believe JOC (James O'Connor) left)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.