• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force v Highlanders - Rnd 15 PERTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swandive

Allen Oxlade (6)
The match was summed up in the last few minutes. 3 or 4 minutes of hard yakka & intense effort from the Force and then a handling error (Coleman in this case) or a silly mistake. That's how the whole game went. Ebersohn was probably top of the list.

I want all Aussie teams to do well but the Force are terribly frustrating to watch. They owned that first half but just couldn't score. And what's worse, it seemed like the Highlanders never really got out of first gear.

Positives: McCalman & Mafi had great games despite both coughing up the ball a couple of times.
Despite a comment above I thought Brache had one of his best games for the club....maybe I need to rewatch it....but that would be way too painful.

Yes, they let in 3 tries but I thought generally their defense was quite good and was the only thing that kept them in the game. Certainly a lot of soul-searching required at the end of the season.

Good to see Cummins get more involved but I still think he's a long way off a Wallabies jersey.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
The Force had nuthin. The much lauded Kyle Godwit made one 3-metre break in garbage time and that was it. Without Hodgson this team would be beyond fucked. The big fullback Kyle Petty was solid but he's no Daytona 500. In comparison the bloke at the other end in the #15 was Daytona 500, Indy 500, the Grand National on wheels and a Pacific Princess conga line rolled into one.

Status
Not open for further replies.