• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)

Attachments

• tweets.png
    tweets.png
    102.1 KB · Views: 243

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
If anyone is in any doubt:-

- Fellow GAGR members didn't cut the Force, it was the ARU.
- Fans of the Tahs, the Reds, etc. didn't cut the Force, it was the ARU.

I get that fans of the Force are angry, but don't lash out at the wrong people.

Tackennut

Bob McCowan (2)
It's not anything peculiar to Aus, but anywhere in the the world the further you are from the seat of power the less you are heard and thus the more likely you will suffer to some degree in comparison.

Sad but true...there is a name for it. Its call "Other End Syndrome" unfortunately your at the other end...

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
If anyone is in any doubt:-

- Fellow GAGR members didn't cut the Force, it was the ARU.
- Fans of the Tahs, the Reds, etc. didn't cut the Force, it was the ARU.

I get that fans of the Force are angry, but don't lash out at the wrong people.
Who is ? I haven't seen anyone blame the rugby fans of Australia for this

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
This is getting real now. If we started Tay cut which is very likely and the state government sue for 120mil. Oh sheeeet

M

Moono75

after the last 4 mths, what a sweet Fri night!
It's never hard to be on the right side of the argument. I'm just happy to see the Force, Rugby WA, our members, supporters, sponsors, WA Government and of course Twiggy the Western Australian of the Year stand up for WA and Australian Rugby on the whole and say.....no this is wrong and it can be done better!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
It's never hard to be on the right side of the argument. I'm just happy to see the Force, Rugby WA, our members, supporters, sponsors, WA Government and of course Twiggy the Western Australian of the Year stand up for WA and Australian Rugby on the whole and say...no this is wrong and it can be done better!

Yes absolutely, all the kids too at the local clubs, a clear pathway

M

Moono75

There is an ad on Foxtel at the moment for an upcoming program featuring John Eales and his biggest regret in Rugby....leading a team that turned its back on the All Blacks performing the Haka and his journey to correct what he now views as a wrong decision.

Well hello John...history is beckoning you once more. Don't have an even bigger rugby injustice weighing on your conscience for the rest of your life! Stand UP! Do the right thing for Australian Rugby. Bring the Force back!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
just moving this here from Where to for Super Rugby? impossible to re locate anything in there.

John Welborn (Wallaby #731 1996-1999) to Eales and Robinson

To Eales:
Hi John,
Powerful open letter in the Australian by Wayne Smith today. It is addressed to Bill and Cameron, but John it could have your name on it too.
Guess what? "Leadership Matters". You are currently on the wrong side of this. It's a bad decision and you must know it. There are better solutions to the funding problems. I have heard Andrew offer his unequivocal support to Cameron and be told "it's more complicated than that". Is it? The rugby talent argument behind 5 to 4 is rubbish and you know it. The decision to cut the Force is wrong. It will be turned around. Leadership matters. So can you show some leadership? Actually a wonderful opportunity for you. Come out of the shadows and broker a deal with Forrest for an outcome that ALL Australia rugby would support and cheer. Nobody wants to kill off a successful union. Or have I got that wrong? Maybe you and your fellows Directors do? At least it looks like that now because there is an obvious alternative solution. So tell me why that is? And what are you going to do about it?
Leadership Matters.
Stillas

To: Brett Robinson
Robbo,
See my text above. It remains relevant. You are on the wrong side of this at present. Powerful open letter from Wayne Smith in The Australian today. And he is right - it is as simple as changing the decision. All Australian rugby would cheer. So why not be a winner instead of a loser? Can you show some balls and get Cameron and Bill to sit down with Forest and turn this decision around? Or are they (and you) so compromised and committed that they (incorrectly) think it is too late? Newlinds QC (Quade Cooper) and Alan Myers QC (Quade Cooper) are costing Andrew tens of thousands of dollars a day! They are both very confident in the appeal. Regardless, next they will with the WA government on a recovery claim for the $120 million the State Government invested in the NiB stadium renovation for the benefit of Super Rugby. And there is more coming - deceptive conduct litigation in relation to the “Alliance” agreement (nice title btw). But wait - there will be more. I promise you Robbo it will never ever end. I say again: you are on the wrong side of this.
Hundreds of thousands, and ultimately millions, of dollars on both sides are going to lawyers that could be going to fund rugby. It's insane.
Think about it this way: For the first time in memory Australian Rugby has a major benefactor who has emerged on the scene, an individual who doesn't balk at giving away $400million to the University of WA and others, an individual who had pledged to give away the entirety of his 6 Billion fortune in his lifetime, someone who wants to help, who has simple said "This is a dud decision - can I help change it - tell me what you need". Someone who gets behind causes with passion and conviction. And above all someone who is TOTALLY DEDICATED TO BEING A WINNER AT ALL COSTS. And you guys show him the finger. Slam the door in his face. turn up the chance to have him behind you and in your team. Are you serious Robbo? And for what? Tell me Robbo how you make this decision and thus your tenure as a Director a winner?
I'm available for a call. So is Andrew.
Change the decision - it's the wrong one.
Stillas

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
may as well add this too for posterity

HANSARD PINK
Memo for Senator Reynolds
This proof report is issued by direction of the President.

In line with Odgers' Australian Senate Practice 13th edition (p. 104), you may suggest corrections to errors of transcription but you cannot introduce new matter or alter the sense of the report. Hansard's corrections policy can be accessed here.

Senator REYNOLDS (Western Australia) (18:45): Woe betide anyone who tries to mess with Western Australia. Tonight I rise to address an outrage perpetrated on Western Australia's large and vibrant sporting community—one we are all taking very, very personally—and that is the Australian Rugby Union's disgraceful decision to cut the Western Force from the national competition. I stand 100 per cent with the Western Australian sporting community, with my WA Liberal colleague senators and members, with the state government, with the state opposition and with Rugby WA on this issue. I don't think the ARU has the foggiest idea of what they have unleashed on themselves. Talk about an own goal! If the ARU thought WA would just cower and lie back in the face of this outrage and would not fight back, the ARU is sadly mistaken.
The Western Force is one of Australia's most popular Rugby Union teams, and they have been extraordinarily successful in growing Rugby and developing local players in WA since their foundation in 2005. In the current season, the team were the second-best team in Australia in the Super Rugby competition. Currently they have the third-largest playing base in Australia, and they have no less than six players in the 2017 Bledisloe Cup Wallabies squad—a testament to the strength of the club and the sporting capability and pride resident in Western Australia.
Transparency in public life is just as important in publicly-funded sporting organisations as it is here in this chamber. After very carefully reviewing the case made by Rugby WA and the Western Force, I am at a complete loss to understand the ARU's decision. And I completely understand why tens of thousands of supporters are absolutely gutted by this inexplicable decision.
Therefore, I call on the ARU to do two things. Firstly, I call on the ARU to publicly release the information the board have used to justify the decision to cut the Western Force—particularly what they called the 'big spreadsheet' that they claimed demonstrates the decision was in the best interests of Australian rugby. A big, secret, spreadsheet—it reminds me a lot of Ros Kelly's great big thumping whiteboard, for those of you in this chamber and elsewhere old enough to remember her whiteboard. Secondly, I also call on the ARU to enter into an open dialogue with Rugby WA and all other interested parties who can propose alternative solutions to the crisis that apparently has resulted in this secret decision.
Today I've also written to the federal Minister for Sport, the Hon. Greg Hunt MP (Moana Pasifika), requesting Commonwealth support to encourage the ARU to publicly release the information on this decision and have the courtesy to open a dialogue with Rugby WA. I've also requested Commonwealth support in making public the basis for this decision by the ARU and ensuring the Western Force have the opportunity to address any issues which have led to this decision. I say this to the ARU: if you have nothing to hide, release the documents, make it public, work with Rugby WA, and support Western Australian sporting fans. If you've got nothing to hide, release the documents, and do not hide behind your lawyers.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Certain participants in this thread have bagged and been aggressive to non-Force fans.
Not cool.
Quote them all.

Im sure it's more that some people are taking it personally when anyone says shit about the east coast elitest meaning the Aru

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
So if the state government she's the Aru for 120mil. After twiggy takes a fair bit of their money through his cases. The Aru will be fucked. Done with. Broke

Boomer

Alfred Walker (16)
So if the state government she's the Aru for 120mil. After twiggy takes a fair bit of their money through his cases. The Aru will be fucked. Done with. Broke

Scorched earth, even if it's just the most tangled and confusing series of court cases in history.

At least two clear problems

- Not sure the seven other unions, RUPA and the Super Mega Grand Powerclubs Inc (or whatever the Fab Four call themselves) will be pleased, Could make for awkward chit-chat.

- Like any nuclear apocalypse, only the cockroaches will survive, leaving us with a similar arsehole set-up to the one we currently have.

Status
Not open for further replies.