• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Force 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

There's some talk about that Pulver is in town. Hope it's to congratulate the Force and have discussions with Twiggy about his support of ARU moving ahead!!

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
There's some talk about that Pulver is in town. Hope it's to congratulate the Force and have discussions with Twiggy about his support of ARU moving ahead!!

yeah if he is here you would think there will be some kind of combined press conf?
Can make an argument both ways to who has won.

D

daz

yeah if he is here you would think there will be some kind of combined press conf?
Can make an argument both ways to who has won.

I cannot imagine any scenario where Pulver announces the Force are out, at a press conference in Perth!

If it is a joint conference, it's because the Force are safe.

M

Moono75

Got a bit of time today. Almost tempted to do a run over to Force HQ and see if Pulver is there with a tradesman belt on, hammer in hand, boarding up the windows, having the water and power turned off.

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)
??????????
maybe ARU won but can't deal with the appeal, so calling it a draw and won't try to cut the Force.
Maybe they have re negotiated with sanzaar already and are pretending they are being benevolent to us.
BTW isn't it Puller that they have the dirt on?

D

daz

He could be there to negotiate Wessel's Rebels contract?

I'd much prefer Bill to just fuck off out of rugby, and certainly not negotiate anything on behalf of the Rebels.

The bloke is so incompetent that he'd announce he had just signed the actual Kepler Wessels on a 3 year deal.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I understand Twiggy is a hero to Force fans and I understand why.

But far out, where was the bloke last time the Force had troubles and before these shenanigans? If his support had come earlier we would not be in this situation.

No doubt he's a true WA rugby man, but if the support (financially and otherwise) did not come reactively, we could be spending all our time and energy complaining about poor rugby results instead of this debacle until 2020 at least.

M

Moono75

But far out, where was the bloke last time the Force had troubles and before these shenanigans? If his support had come earlier we would not be in this situation.

No doubt he's a true WA rugby man, but if the support (financially and otherwise) did not come reactively, we could be spending all our time and energy complaining about poor rugby results instead of this debacle until 2020 at least.
Its been stated before that Twiggy has been a supporter behind the scenes for a long time both through FMG as a jumper sponsor for Hodgo and via the Future Force Foundation. He probably takes a collaborative approach to funding rather than just dolling out money, hence the buy in with Own the Force via loans. Its very much along the lines of the old saying "give a man a fish, feed him for a day, teach a man to fish and you feed him for life".

Here endeth the lesson

Killer

Cyril Towers (30)

he has and is doing a lot for RWA, I'm happy with that.
But I think if he had financially secured the Force earlier, we would never had been on the hit list and probably you guys would be long gone? It has probably been very much to your advantage?

Status
Not open for further replies.