• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ewen McKenzie: Wallaby Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loki74

Ward Prentice (10)
Anything else?
Strong third tier, with keen grass roots supporters willing to pay money to see and television rights deal. Abolish Rugby League, with subsequent influx of new talent. Maybe abolish AFL and soccer as well.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You guys are something fucking else.

You bitch for five years about this fucking coach, get the guy you want and all you can argue about is the process, merits, and demerits of how, where and when it happened. And then these arguments about Knuckles. Jaysus wept!

Lighten the fuck up. Go for a run. Have a coffee. Hug your missus. Smell a flower.

You got what you wanted! Get bloody happy! You live in the lucky country! You've never had it better! The Australian economy is the envy of the world! Kevin Rudd is back!

Miserable twats.

Cassius88

Sydney Middleton (9)
You guys are something fucking else.

You bitch for five years about this fucking coach, get the guy you want and all you can argue about is the process, merits, and demerits of how, where and when it happened. And then these arguments about Knuckles. Jaysus wept!

Lighten the fuck up. Go for a run. Have a coffee. Hug your missus. Smell a flower.

You got what you wanted! Get bloody happy! You live in the lucky country! You've never had it better! The Australian economy is the envy of the world! Kevin Rudd is back!

Miserable twats.

Correct me if I'm wrong but these are called Discussion Boards are they not? As soon as Link gets the job (I'd have preferred JW) we just shut the rugby boards down? Of course there are going to be merits to each various situation. Most of what has gone on in this thread has been discussion over how much work Link has ahead of him, not whinging about the fact that he has been appointed.

I suggest it is you that needs to "lighten the fuck up".

T

Train Without a Station

Right, so it's your opinion, ie: baseless. I much prefer watching rugby now then I did 10 years ago. Is that because rugby is a better standard now? Have law changes impacted the style? Have my personal preferences changed? Is it the medium that rugby is delivered through now?

'Quality' is too subjective, but skill is not and I think rugby players are much more skilful now than they were 10 years ago. All you have to look at is the chip kicks, flick passes, banana kicks, long cutout passing etc.

Have a look at the halfbacks that can't pass to a 10, 10's that lack quality tactical kicking skills, 15's that can't take high balls... Should I go on?

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
You were doing well until the KRudd bit. I certainly didn't want the bastard back, he lasted until about midday the day after when I was sick of his smarmy, lecturing whine.

But I do (and did) want Link. Let's all get behind him.

I just had to throw that in. 49% of Australians can surely NOT be wrong. :)

nugget

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Just wondering... what does the Wallabies coach do in the first half of the year when there's no international games? Do they just travel round checking out S15 games for talent and doing the odd promotional event? Lots of business lunches and corporate gigs? What?

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
TOXIC,
Keen to explore QC (Quade Cooper) comments last year, what he said, and how it was delivered was wrong - that simple.

Could he have been meaning some of the players have limited respect of Robbie? It is quite clear the playing group at the Reds hold Link in high regards, respect and also support him. Fairly confident this will flow through to the WOBs.

And who knows, with one of the Three Amigo's on board with Link, and holding him in the highest regard, maybe, just maybe this is the change that may assist in the evolution of KB (Kurtley Beale), and JOC (James O'Connor) as Link in addition to be a good coach, demanding respect, he doesnt have a high tolerance for crap.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Who would have thought we would see the day Cooper was being held as a good example and role model for his amigo 'mates' ? Strange times.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Who would have thought we would see the day Cooper was being held as a good example and role model for his amigo 'mates' ? Strange times.
Not entirely what I meant, I was wanting to make reference to the possible lack of respect JOC (James O'Connor), and KB (Kurtley Beale) have to various areas, at varying degrees - just my perspective as a spectator. This may change with Link on board and one of his allies being QC (Quade Cooper) (again from an outsiders view).

Brumbieman

Dick Tooth (41)
This statement makes me think that your glasses might be a tad rose coloured.

Not at all. NZ have been in a different, and lower, class of performance since the 2012 world cup. The only reason most people have failed to notice this is because of the poor form of SA and Aus. They continued to win,s o no one's clued int hat they're not as polished, by a long way.

Last year was terrible for them, they played poor rugby almost all year, and turned it on for about 70mins the whole year. And were then smashed by England.

They're in the weakest position for a long time and I'm not going to be surprised in the slightest, if we come out of the blocks in Sydney and defeat them convincingly.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Not at all. NZ have been in a different, and lower, class of performance since the 2012 world cup. The only reason most people have failed to notice this is because of the poor form of SA and Aus. They continued to win,s o no one's clued int hat they're not as polished, by a long way.

Last year was terrible for them, they played poor rugby almost all year, and turned it on for about 70mins the whole year. And were then smashed by England.

They're in the weakest position for a long time and I'm not going to be surprised in the slightest, if we come out of the blocks in Sydney and defeat them convincingly.
I agree on you points.
I think the changing of the guard will create an us against them impact and the playing group will bunker down with a new focus.

Zander

Ron Walden (29)
When Pulver said Deans' future did not hinge on the result of the Lions Tour did people realise that meant he was gone even if he won? Pulver just confirmed that, people seemed to take the negative, meaning he would stay on even if he lost.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
When JON said Deans' future did not hinge on the result of the Lions Tour did people realise that meant he was gone even if he won? JON just confirmed that, people seemed to take the negative, meaning he would stay on even if he lost.
I for one am surprised Bill Pulver asked John O'Neill to talk at the press conference. I don't think the ARU could afford his hourly rate any more.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Apparently he stuffed interview for All Blacks job because he went in with no team of assistants named to help him.
Though there were quite strong suggestions that the NZRU indicated quite strongly he wasn't really the second choice...and there were only 2 standing for job.

Pat Lam.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
If you're going to talk about the transition of the Wallabies from 2007 to 2008 it would seem unusual not to mention the retirements of Gregan, Larkham and Latham.

Combine that with the fact that Mortlock and Smith were nearing the end of their Wallaby careers and we'd just been bundled out of the RWC in the quarter finals after having our scrum comprehensively destroyed would seem to suggest to me that the Wallabies were entering a big rebuilding stage.

Look at the teams we fielded in 2007. A fair chunk of those players didn't play very many more tests either because they were too old, not good enough or they went overseas.

When you compare that to the current situation where every player who played test rugby this year barring George Smith are highly likely to play for the Wallabies for several years to come. Certainly you'd expect every current player barring the couple who are off overseas to be pushing for spots in the 2015 RWC squad.

Latham only retired when the ARU offered him a contract worth about half what he was already on. A defining moment for Pat Howard.

Status
Not open for further replies.