• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ewen McKenzie - Life after the Reds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Still not sure why Link would be obvious choice for Scotland, I have noted before in here that apparently Link is not held in high regard up north. He has coached at S15 level (successfully, though not as successful as Deans), but was sacked from Stade Francais when he tried it up that way. I like Link as a coach,but not sure rest of the world has same man love for him as Aussie.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I think for the foreseeable future Link will be mentioned with regard to every top International or club job that comes up until his future is sorted out. Add in the Scotland statement and it just made it doubly likely he'd be mentioned. At this stage every SH coach who's ever heard of Scotland and may be available will be mentioned as the guessing games and the quest to be first with the right name continues.

Italophile

Bill Watson (15)
The SRU have offered the job to Vern Cotter. He's waiting till Clermont's season is over before deciding which amounts to the end of the month. Tallies with the SRU's earlier statement about an announcement at the end of the month even if they more than implied that the signature was a done deal.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Brilliant article. I think the sole reason McKenzie is quitting the reds is to make it clear he wants the Wallabies Job. He doesn't care about any other national side and will probably return to the Reds if the ARU are so stupid as to resign Deans.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Brilliant article. I think the sole reason McKenzie is quitting the reds is to make it clear he wants the Wallabies Job. He doesn't care about any other national side and will probably return to the Reds if the ARU are so stupid as to resign Deans.
Ewen, I hope you get the Wallabies job. I can't wait to see the special things you and Quadey do together at the Reds, at the international level!

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Ewen, I hope you get the Wallabies job. I can't wait to see the special things you and Quadey do together at the Reds, at the international level!

Sarcasm? But yeh that's pretty much my view :). I think I'm in biggsie's boat when he admits he loves quade.

Although I do think its fair to say Ewen and his QRU crew performed a massive make over at the Reds and created a very good culture that has seen young players and seasoned wallabies improve their game... He's not just a one trick wonder.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Link is safe for the foreseeable future.

./...snip.../ .

Not if the Reds keep playing like they have been of late.

If the Wobs win 3-0 and don't get pasted in the TRC then Link could be left high and dry if Servo and the Board decide to extend Dingo.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Not if the Reds keep playing like they have been of late.

If the Wobs win 3-0 and don't get pasted in the TRC then Link could be left high and dry if Servo and the Board decide to extend Dingo.

If it comes down to it, I just want change even if it isn't link who gets the role. (and I agree, link hasn't been putting his best foot forward through the footy the reds are playing or his actions off the field)

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Link is currently the Director Of Rugby at the Reds, not the coach. When he was the coach the reds were turned around and played an exciting brand of rugby that won them the ultimate prize. He should be a lay down misere for the Wallaby job if it becomes available in the next couple of months.
We do need a change and both Cheika and White are committed for the next couple of years. Link should be given a chance to see what he can do in between now and the next RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.