• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biffo

Ken Catchpole (46)
i think that TGC will excellently reorient Folau's play and the team's use of him, starting on the EOYT.

coming to think about it, the EOYT is a great starting point for TGC:
- he gets the players away from the parochialism of Australian rugby
- he gets the players when they are fee of commitment to the Soup or other state things
- he gets the players when they should be very excited and contented by the off-field circumstance in Yurope.

if they don't respond or he can't get them to respond, it's time for lights out.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I am pretty sure of the following. He was playing for Hornsby and his child was a daughter - Sarah. I was in the clubhouse when both events were being celebrated. This was about 1980.
It could have been a newspaper beat-up, but it seems a bit pointless... I think he played in '81, but there has been a good deal of Bundaberg O.P. passed before the Mast, since then...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Villie was selected in the Sydney Team, which back then was a pretty fine team, capable of beating anyone on its day - selected out of the Hornsby side... I could have sworn he played a Test Match but he is not listed, so it cannot be the case....

Anyhow - whatever the case I wish him and his family well...

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I believe Poey is targeting the first round of 2015 Super Rugby for his much awaited comeback. Really hope his knees hold up for the whole year.

On a more serious note: What the hell did he do to his knees to keep him out so long - was it the C.L? - seems like the prognosis must be poor to have done that much damage to a knee and hope to come back a the highest level - I wish him luck!

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Barbarians ran out of players (Slade + Parsons called up to NZ) so Tom English gets a go at #23 for them tomorrow night vs Leicester.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
On a more serious note: What the hell did he do to his knees to keep him out so long - was it the C.L? - seems like the prognosis must be poor to have done that much damage to a knee and hope to come back a the highest level - I wish him luck!
Yeah, it was the same acl as last time. Did it in March 2014.

Traditionally those are 9 months to get back on the field and 18 months before full fitness.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Someone said we are back to 3rd in the world after England lost and we won.

Any chance we could get to 2nd after SA lost to Ireland?

Set piece magic

John Solomon (38)
Does anyone else here think Izzy Folau is the intercept king? His intercept against Wales was an easy one to read, but this year and last there have been so many intercepts he takes where he makes the absolute perfect read in defense and gets his timing SPOT on. It's a really hard, instinctive skill to develop.

Think: Against AB's in Wellington last year, Against AB's at Eden Park this year.. considering he came from League which has different systems and attacking setups, it's brilliant to see him reading the defense so well like that.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Someone said we are back to 3rd in the world after England lost and we won.

Any chance we could get to 2nd after SA lost to Ireland?

SA are still a fair way in front after last week (~4.5 points). Us, England and Ireland are all within a point for 3-5 now.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Uh oh. Beale is about to be announced as joining the tour I believe. Prepare for uproar in 3.2.1..

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Interesting.. I mean I always thought he was going to get the call up but only due to an injury or something. Didn't expect this.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
He and Schatz are both going over. What's the point in sending anyone over at this stage? Seems completely odd.

Status
Not open for further replies.