• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

EOYT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
It's obvious, but no Kurtley.

So in effect the minimum punishment he'll get is a six match ban and $60,000.

Of course, it could still be a lot more than that

D

daz

I've already heard rumors out of Victorian club land of a Victorian push to undermine and ultimately oust Cheika.

Time for a bit of Victorian Bias to take over the boards, dammit. You NSWmen and Qlders shouldn't have a monopoly on bias!

Funny how in the media down here Link was a Victorian when he got the job, and a Qlder when he left it.

I think the next Wallaby coach should be the winner of a reality show, like Big Brother.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Looks like 9 Tahs, 9 Ponies, 7 Reds, 4 Rebels, 4 Force.

Uncapped: English, Faulkner, Godwin, McMahon, Speight.

Edit: Rebels -1, Force +1

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Only players missing through injury are Moore, TPN, Sio, Fardy, Palu and Pocock................

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
It's crazy looking at the amount of caps some of those players have. Players like Higgers, Kepu, Fainga have a lot of caps but are only now seem to be playing like worthy Test players.

Guess it takes 20+ caps for most players to adapt?

Muglair

Alfred Walker (16)
Hugh Jarse said:
9 Tahs, 9 Ponies, 7 Reds, 5 Rebels, 3 Force

Interesting only 3 Force players. Nathan Charles injured, Badger unavailable, and a couple on the fringe. Highlights that they went well as a team this year although they seem to have a couple more foreign players than others.

I am pretty excited about the quality of the uncapped players, it also says a lot about the depth of the squad. The last side picked for 2014 may look a little different to the team that played France.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Interesting only 3 Force players. Nathan Charles injured, Badger unavailable, and a couple on the fringe. Highlights that they went well as a team this year although they seem to have a couple more foreign players than others.

I am pretty excited about the quality of the uncapped players, it also says a lot about the depth of the squad. The last side picked for 2014 may look a little different to the team that played France.

4 Force players. McCalman, Hodgson, Godwin and Faulkner.

hammertimethere

Trevor Allan (34)
He must either still be suffering from some concussion symptoms or they've decided to give him a long break given how long it hung around after his concussion.

In that case it's fair enough I suppose... Still, a bruiser like him would have been useful on this trip given no tpn, Moore, Douglas etc.

Good opportunity for younger blokes and out of favour blokes like Horwill to show they can bring the physicality required to navigate through hard games away from home.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
From this squad what's a hypothetical 1st string team and who would you be giving opportunities vs the BaaBaas

Verse BaaBaa's would blood Godwin and Luke Jones. Probably give Cooper a start too to see where he is at. Our locks have been under performing so it would be a priority to see what other contenders can do. I would say the same about 12, except the for exceptional game Lilo had last week.

Maybe trial some-one at Fullback to cover Izzy if he goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.