• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Crusaders v Chiefs Round 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
quiet game for Ngatai but I 76% expected him to have a say in the clutch and there he was, winning final T.O at ruck. That player has just got IT. Not flashy with pace to burn etc but the rugby IQ, right place, right time, right play. I'd have no issue with him given a decent burl in the centre's for AB's

You could be talking about 1 Conrad Smith with that description.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Mo'unga looked like a good provincial player struggling to step up to Super Rugby level.
Slackbladder might not persist with him. Might chuck Mckenzie in there, see what happens, he might kick on. Shit changes fast in pro rugby land these days, look at Bleyendaal, skews a couple of kicks in Week 1 and fast-forward to about Week 6, he wakes up in some phlegm-soaked Welsh valley wondering that the fuck just happened.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Why are they calling those mauls illegal, I thought the only change to laws were if you took ball to back it had to go hand to hand, didn't see where you had to have ball at back!

That's my understanding as well, but also the practise of swimming around the side has been outlawed too I think. My reading of that is that it applies to the team in possession as well as the defending side. In effect, maul has to stay bound and driving forward, not splintering off to the side.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
I agree with DP on Nagtai looking to me like he could handle International rugby at 12, along with Crotty who is injured, I didn't think Walden? from Highlanders looked to bad for a 20yo, but another who also impressed me when he came on was young Lienert-Brown, been watching this boy for last year or so, and he another might be worth keeping an eye on in next few years .
And doesn't young Damien McKenzie look like he could step into Barrett's role as 10-15 for the All Blacks, add to the fact that anyone who looks like he enjoys his rugby as much as that kid, I would sign him up right now!!
Love this time of year when we get to see how all these young fellas are shaping up.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
With all this talk about Ngatai and Crotty at 13, is Fekitoa falling out of contention? I'd have thought he was first in line to replace Smith.

Damien McKenzie is a star. He looks like he really enjoys his goal kicking as well, smiling at the ball as part of his process. Just needs to move quicker to the ball as he almost gets charged down on every kick.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Fekitoa will have to play his way out of the 13 shirt for sure but Ngatai & Crotty (& Moala) are 12's. It occurs to me that Fekitoa is more a Nonu than a Smith therefore it makes sense to have a 12 who's more a Smith than a Nonu, as was almost always the pattern pre-Nonu (think Lee Stenseness, Walter Little & Bernie McCahill).

Status
Not open for further replies.